• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Thanks. I'm having a few problems with trying to do the mushrooms but I'm going to keep on trying. I know what I have to do, its just refining my technique.

Not a problem. Just keep plugging along and you should be fine. Some of them are extremely annoying to satisfy - some of us can tell you the horror stories behind Mushrooms I and VIII - but they'll eventually become satisfied with enough patience (or, in my case, the law of averages).

Anyway, for anyone interested, I decided to go back to II: Final Mix and tackle the Paradox Cups since they are literally the only things that I even have a marginal interest in completing (not the high scores, mind you, just beating them is going to be enough for me). The rest of the mini games don't really interest me and I already did everything I needed to get the secret endings on Critical Mode, so the Cups are the last things on my list.

Pain and Panic Paradox Cup - Easy; all I did was press X with the occasional use of Cure and Reflega

Cerberus Paradox Cup - Easy; went into Final Form as soon as I began and defeated everything right before it ran out the first time

Titan Paradox Cup - Easy-ish; I had to outright abuse Stitch and Reflega, mind you, but it was easy enough by the time I got to Hercules

Hades Paradox Cup - Haven't attempted yet

The first three I actually managed to beat in roughly half an hour combined (being level 99 with the Ultima and Fenrir keys helps tremendously in that regard). I can only hope I can do well in the Hades Paradox Cup. I only attempted it once in the vanilla version of the game. Granted, I beat it, but it was a near thing and I remember it being one long slog fest.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Re: Coded is impossibly hard to platinum actually...

...because it has no platinum, of course. ;P

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Re:coded, of course. The lack of commands, difficulty or even gameplay make it a difficult game to complete, let alone platinum. :)

This site really needs a sarcasm font.

Write "really" in italics and put a wink after it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Wasn't days also that hard to complete in 100%?

I'm talking about the DS ones.

Certainly, unless we're still being sarcastic. You'd have to clear every challenge with 3 emblems (you only need 1 emblem to get the secret diaries), then win (don't just beat, win by scoring more than your teammates) every mission in mission mode, and then, just because the game hates you, beat mission mode missions something like 40 times more to pick up the remaining Mission Crowns. If you don't win the missions, you'll have to replay missions for an even longer period of time, because winning would have given you extra crowns. The original Four Swords on GBA made a similar dick move.

If you're a real hardliner you'll want to insist on winning, because the game tracks that separately. And if you're a decent person working with friends, you're going to have to help them win each mission too.

Oh, you could just play on your own, but the HP sponge enemies made that real prohibitive. Hard and tedious.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
after spending two hours attempting to defeat absent silhouettes, I learned level 89 isn't strong enough. I made it close a few times with certain ones (including beating stage 1 of xemnas), I felt a defeat i haven't felt since I got got ymx down to half a bar of health in bbs 4 cruel years ago.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
So I knew from the PSP version but you really don't have to level up much in BBS. I'm playing on Critical and I beat Terra's story at level 39 and I just beat Ven's yesterday on level 35. I'd imagine I'll need to level Aqua up a bit more since I die the most with her. :p

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Re: Coded is impossibly hard to platinum actually...

...because it has no platinum, of course. ;P

D'oh, I missed!

Write "really" in italics and put a wink after it.

Noted. Thanks, man.

after spending two hours attempting to defeat absent silhouettes, I learned level 89 isn't strong enough. I made it close a few times with certain ones (including beating stage 1 of xemnas), I felt a defeat i haven't felt since I got got ymx down to half a bar of health in bbs 4 cruel years ago.

It takes a while to beat them even at level 99 since some of them require more strategy on the players' part. God forbid you did what I did and pick the sword both times at the beginning of the game. Don't give up. As infuriating as some of these bosses are (diddly Luxord and his timing game at the end), but none of them are anywhere near as cheap as Young Master Xehanort in Birth by Sleep, I find.

So I knew from the PSP version but you really don't have to level up much in BBS. I'm playing on Critical and I beat Terra's story at level 39 and I just beat Ven's yesterday on level 35. I'd imagine I'll need to level Aqua up a bit more since I die the most with her. :p

Awesome. Yeah, I never really had to level up much in Birth by Sleep's main campaign. I only really began doing that when I started prepping myself for the Bonus Bosses that were completely cheap and unfair (looking at you, Young Master Xehanort, you time-traveling cheater).

Anyway, I managed to finally beat the Hades Paradox Cup. The embarrassing part about all of this is that I initially got to Match 49. I tried to go into Limit Form, but accidentally had the menu on Limit instead. Since I was out of MP, I wasn't even able to use Trinity Limit, so I died. To say that I facepalmed at that moment would be as synonymous as saying that there is water in the ocean. Anyway, I just restarted from there and slogged through it all over again and finally decided to wreck Leon, Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie with Limit Form. Hades was a complete and utter joke in comparison.

Anyway, now that that's out of the way, I am working on raising my Arena Level for Terra in Birth by Sleep: Final Mix. I decided to use my phone to play music from Smash 4 as BGM for the Command Board. FYI, I don't remember the names for all of the boards, so if there is a discrepancy in the name, that is why. Thus far:

Land of Departure Board: Ground Theme/Underground Theme (Mario series)
Royal Board: Underground Theme (Super Mario Land)
Deep Space (first attempt): Ballad of the Goddess (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
Deep Space (second attempt): Gerudo Valley Remix (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Disney Town Board: Full Steam Ahead (Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
Skull Board: Gourmet Race (Kirby series)

The rest, I am hoping to get done sometime tonight.

Anagram

Banned

Its honestly really easy to beat on just level one. I didn't level up anyone till I tried taking on the secret bosses.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Finish up all the data battles todays. I'm shocked I was able to do the Xemnas fight once which is nice but I have to say that Marluxia fight was pretty annoying :/

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Congrats, Divine Past! I haven't been able to find the time to do them, myself. Have you been able to clear the Lingering Will? I don't know if you mentioned that in the past or not.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm extremely happy for you divine past, I'm assuming your current emotion right now is Carlton.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Congrats, Divine Past! I haven't been able to find the time to do them, myself. Have you been able to clear the Lingering Will? I don't know if you mentioned that in the past or not.

Well I won't fight LW for 2 reasons:

1)I'm not insane
2) I know I have no shot at beating him due to my current skill/inexperience in that specific fight. So the only way to cure the first part is for me to finish that last Hades Cup that's level 99 which I never beat in the vanilla game as a stepping stone so I can finally say it's the only challenge left for me.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Fair enough, I'm in a similar boat. I have beaten the Hades Cup in the past, so I plan to do it again, but it may very well be the last challenge I do before mothballing the game. I've all but finished Days already, it's time for me to move on to BBS like everyone else did months ago.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Finish up all the data battles todays. I'm shocked I was able to do the Xemnas fight once which is nice but I have to say that Marluxia fight was pretty annoying :/

Congrats! I finished them all myself as well. I actually liked the Marluxia and Zexion fights the most myself. :p I'd say Sai'x and Larxene were the toughest for me (Lexaeus was for a while until I realized the trick to beat him).

Well I won't fight LW for 2 reasons:

1)I'm not insane
2) I know I have no shot at beating him due to my current skill/inexperience in that specific fight. So the only way to cure the first part is for me to finish that last Hades Cup that's level 99 which I never beat in the vanilla game as a stepping stone so I can finally say it's the only challenge left for me.

LW is possible but you do have to fight him enough to learn his attacks. It did take me many tries but not as many as I thought it would (and it definitely didn't take me as long to beat him as it did MF in BBS).

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
Congrats! I finished them all myself as well. I actually liked the Marluxia and Zexion fights the most myself. :p I'd say Sai'x and Larxene were the toughest for me (Lexaeus was for a while until I realized the trick to beat him).

Heh I actually don't remember much from the Larxene fight because all I saw was lightning spawning everywhere when I spammed limit form :p

Not sure what was my favorite fight because most of them to were just annoying (Luxord,Demyx,Larxene,Axel chief among them) but other than the obvious Roxas one, I did like Zexion quite a bit since it was so different and ditto for Xaldin since that one relied on patience on my end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back