• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
Finally did the Hades Paradox Cup. Spammed Limit Form in rounds 41-49 (apart from 48). Limit Form is a lifesaver. Especially with the combined attacks of Cloud, Yuffie, Leon and Tifa coming at all. Limit Form just got them all in the space of two minutes.

Still need to do the magic carpet mini game goal... Got to 64 this time. I will have to keep on trying. Did the Marluxia Data battle. That was easy when I equipped Fenrir. Think that will be my standard keyblade for these battles I think! I also attempted The Lingering Will... Got him down by three bars of health before being killed using Final Form. But he kept locking my commands and I wasn't quick enough to get out of it. He started the battle with the big ball of light the several times I tried the fight. I gather his technique changes occasionally? so there is no set pattern to the battle? Still, I hope I'm able to defeat him at some point... but for now I will focus on finishing everything else up first.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I fracking took Him down. After icing AoE with the chaos ripper, 5 thunder surges and 3 curagas, I took the same loadout to YMX's pad and creamed him in 3 minutes. My surges took out 3/4 of a bar of health at a time, and when he turned invisible, all I had to do was surge in his direction and when he turned back up with half a bar of health, I knew I had him.

really sort of wish I got a gold trophy instead of silver but I'm not complaining. No name isn't that great of a keyblade but its now a part of my collection. Onto the mirage arena, once I collect 9,999 medals I'll have unlocked no heart

ill be back in the aftermath

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Finally did the Hades Paradox Cup. Spammed Limit Form in rounds 41-49 (apart from 48). Limit Form is a lifesaver. Especially with the combined attacks of Cloud, Yuffie, Leon and Tifa coming at all. Limit Form just got them all in the space of two minutes.

Still need to do the magic carpet mini game goal... Got to 64 this time. I will have to keep on trying. Did the Marluxia Data battle. That was easy when I equipped Fenrir. Think that will be my standard keyblade for these battles I think! I also attempted The Lingering Will... Got him down by three bars of health before being killed using Final Form. But he kept locking my commands and I wasn't quick enough to get out of it. He started the battle with the big ball of light the several times I tried the fight. I gather his technique changes occasionally? so there is no set pattern to the battle? Still, I hope I'm able to defeat him at some point... but for now I will focus on finishing everything else up first.

Limit Form is the only other form in the game that could be considered god tier. It's so disgustingly broken that you love it. :p

Anyway, congratulations on beating the Hades Paradox Cup! Match 49 is downright brutal without the right setup.

As for the Lingering Sentiment, yes, he does indeed have different patterns that he starts out with. There is an in depth guide that was extremely useful for me when I was tackling him earlier this year. It details everything that he does, the patterns that follow depending on what particular attack he starts out with and, most important of all, how to effectively dodge his Desperation Attack.

I fracking took Him down. After icing AoE with the chaos ripper, 5 thunder surges and 3 curagas, I took the same loadout to YMX's pad and creamed him in 3 minutes. My surges took out 3/4 of a bar of health at a time, and when he turned invisible, all I had to do was surge in his direction and when he turned back up with half a bar of health, I knew I had him.

really sort of wish I got a gold trophy instead of silver but I'm not complaining. No name isn't that great of a keyblade but its now a part of my collection. Onto the mirage arena, once I collect 9,999 medals I'll have unlocked no heart

ill be back in the aftermath

Congratulations! IMO, that battle as Terra is far and away the single most difficult battle in the game. No Heart (and, by extension, No Heart's keyblade) has been nerfed from the original version of Final Mix (wow, that's an oxymoron), so he is much easier to handle. That being said, though, he can still bring the pain and only rarely lets up. He's still more fair than Young Master Xehanort, but not as much as one might think. Keep the setup that you already have. If you can take down Young Master Xehanort, there is no reason why you can't beat No Heart on the PS3.

Also, Rhythm Mixer is OP. ;)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Just about to ask that. I keep getting to the last two bars with my surges and ultima shotlock but there are two moves he uses, one is where I'm suspended in air and a dozen keyblades impale me (always when I have 1 hp so I die) and another (lol) move that is similar to harvest angel from sephiroth, basically all of my commands are reset except for items. I started equipping potions after that but its as if his behavior changes, and he becomes more aggressive so I die earlier (he acts normal when I switch to three curaga spells).

lol sorry that wasn't what I was asking. My question is, how do I get rhythm mixer? And why are my stickers shy of being complete despite collecting them all, with rhythm mixer appearing as the reward?

on another note is a progress update, three starred all of the unversed missions, melded some new commands and beat YMX again for kicks.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Just about to ask that. I keep getting to the last two bars with my surges and ultima shotlock but there are two moves he uses, one is where I'm suspended in air and a dozen keyblades impale me (always when I have 1 hp so I die) and another (lol) move that is similar to harvest angel from sephiroth, basically all of my commands are reset except for items. I started equipping potions after that but its as if his behavior changes, and he becomes more aggressive so I die earlier (he acts normal when I switch to three curaga spells).

lol sorry that wasn't what I was asking. My question is, how do I get rhythm mixer? And why are my stickers shy of being complete despite collecting them all, with rhythm mixer appearing as the reward?

on another note is a progress update, three starred all of the unversed missions, melded some new commands and beat YMX again for kicks.

You get Rhytym Mixer as a reward from the sticker album, that is correct. You have all the stickers, right, and then in the album it says how many points you have to collect, in order to get the Mixer. It is not enough that you just collect them, but you also have to stick them to the page where the picture is. Furthermore, the stickers have to put in a good position. The stickers will sound differently, and the "right" position/place gives you more points. You recognize it by they sound it makes when the sticker is in the right place. Also more points.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You get Rhytym Mixer as a reward from the sticker album, that is correct. You have all the stickers, right, and then in the album it says how many points you have to collect, in order to get the Mixer. It is not enough that you just collect them, but you also have to stick them to the page where the picture is. Furthermore, the stickers have to put in a good position. The stickers will sound differently, and the "right" position/place gives you more points. You recognize it by they sound it makes when the sticker is in the right place. Also more points.
Oh. God damn it. Thanks for the info, the road to 100% is a perpetual prick.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Oh. God damn it. Thanks for the info, the road to 100% is a perpetual prick.

No problem. I kinda wish they would create something similar for KHIII, but more like KH2FM picture puzzle thing. It was really addicting to collect the puzzle pieces and arrange the correctly. As a reward we would get synthesis materials or accessories, and beautiful Nomura artwork. A really well done mini-game in my opinion.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards

That one attack where he manages to lock you in place can be bypassed completely by using Esuna. It's a spell that doesn't even require any leveling up, so you can use it immediately.

As for the one attack that is similar to Sephiroth's Heartless Angel, study his attack pattern and either use a Curaga or a Thunder Surge (preferably in the air if using the latter). If you are still hit, an Elixer or Megalixer can bring your health back up and/or Drive Gauge back up.

Also, stick with the Cure line of spells. They give invincibility frames if you have Leaf Bracer (which I assume you have).

On a side note, in order to use Rhythm Mixer, you need to already be in a level 1 Command Style (i.e.: Firestorm). Since most of what you are doing as Terra is abusing triangle for Thunder Surges anyway, I suggest that you just spam that and you should get Rhythm Mixer Command Style soon enough. Once you are able to use its finisher, use time your button presses just right for maximum damage.

No problem. I kinda wish they would create something similar for KHIII, but more like KH2FM picture puzzle thing. It was really addicting to collect the puzzle pieces and arrange the correctly. As a reward we would get synthesis materials or accessories, and beautiful Nomura artwork. A really well done mini-game in my opinion.

I actually really loved looking for the puzzle pieces and fitting them together. I really hope that they do that for Kingdom Hearts III as well.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Got rhythm mixer and I admit it was helpful in the fight, with a high potion I managed to get out by the skin if the teeth and took home my best keyblade (and nothing left to kill with it). Now I just have to 100% the journal before redoing the painstaking process twice more (ugh to the max) (is there a way I can platinum without going through all that poppycock with aqua and ven?)

anyway, there is one finisher I need to use, its for a command style but idk which one, two shotlocks (one is fruitball, other is command board), focus block (command board), some d-link finishers, and a few friendship commands but after that I'm golden. Why isn't the unversed entry showing up as cleared for terra? Or the characters? I hope this game didn't glitch me out of a plat trophy I swear to kingdom hearts

hlc1988

Awards
Well I finally beat Axel, Luxord and Lexaeus data battles! That last one was a sheer fluke. I was done to 1HP and I was in Limit Form. And I needed to heal and you can't heal in that form and I didn't have any potions handy. Lexaeus had one and a half health bars left. i was bracing myself for defeat. I was trying my best to get out of Limit Form so I could quickly heal. I have curaga as a short cut but I accidentally activated Infinity, not realising I hadn't successfully come out of Limit Form when I pressed to revert. Infinity killed Lexaeus. I was so astounded that I had done it. It was a sheer fluke.

I've still got to do Xemnas, Xigbar, Xaldin, Saix and Demyx.

And in my attempts with the Lingering Will, I've got him down to half-way so I'm slowly getting there with him. I will get 100% Journal Completion. Working on the gummi missions too. They are a pain.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Was it confirmed that the Assassin Nobodies are controlled by Axel? I find the attacks that the Assassins use fascinating. If their HP goes severely down, they do this attack were they rush into you and explode, killing themselves in the process. And what does Axel end up doing at the end of KH2:
tumblr_m8lugvyMRO1rb9rueo3_r1_250.gif

Really cool foreshadowing/similarity, if that was their intention. The more and more I look at KH, the more I find all these little hints, symbolic gestures and what not.
Also another thing. When you are fighting Twilight Torn in the Station of Awakening, it does this attack were it goes to the air, and bends it`s body to a circle like formation. Then it starts to spread the thorns all over the arena. If you watch closely you can see a pump like action, and when you listen to Twilight Torn, you can hear a similar sound to a heartbeat. Here you can see the attack, and hear it:https://youtu.be/KquMmotx8Ns?t=355
I know this might nothing new, but these little things they implement in the games is something I really love about the KH-series. A little part of me is tempted to start another playtrough of KH2FM with full analysis mode on.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yes, the assassins are controlled by axel. Sometimes they can be pretty smart with their foreshadowing yet other times it's purely coincidental or fails completely.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Also another thing. When you are fighting Twilight Torn in the Station of Awakening, it does this attack were it goes to the air, and bends it`s body to a circle like formation. Then it starts to spread the thorns all over the arena. If you watch closely you can see a pump like action, and when you listen to Twilight Torn, you can hear a similar sound to a heartbeat. Here you can see the attack, and hear it:https://youtu.be/KquMmotx8Ns?t=355

That's creepy, hemmoheikkinen, nice spot!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
That's creepy, hemmoheikkinen, nice spot!

It is kinda creepy, and even the pump movement resembles what the actual heart does in real life. I actually found this on my first KH2.5 playtrough. I started with critical mode, and the boss was tougher than I had anticipated. So the fight actually lasted long enough that Twilight Thorn was able to use that move. On my earlier KH2 playtroughs I defeated Twilight Thorn before it used that attack. Interesting how it is still possible to learn new stuff about this game almost ten years later.

In other new I finally decided to complete Jimminys Journal. I only had to do the Hades Paradox cup mission and Atlantica. The Hades Paradox cup looked tricky at first, but after spamming Stich and gaining 4000 points in the first round alone, I knew I could make it. After that I had to sing all the songs again in Atlantica, and that experience was almost more horrifying than the Paradox cup challenge. I think the singing is not really that awful(it isn`t fantastic either) but still, that world wasn`t really well implemented. I just had to skip cutscenes when I visited that world in my initial playtrough, otherwise the cringe meter would have trough the roof.
Also I am one those weird people who actually enjoy Osments singing.

hlc1988

Awards
Anyone have any tips on defeating data battles Xemnas, Xigbar and Xaldin?

I've got Xemnas down to his last 5 bars in the second fight... but Riku failed to heal me in time, despite having magic to do so. Though I think he was getting hit as well so that was probably why I died.

Xigbar, I'm having trouble with the bit where he goes up high and shoots you from afar. I know you have to stand there and press triangle to break it. I tend to just stand there, thumping triangle, getting hit and hopefully catching it in time. It works the first time but when Xigbar goes to that attack the second time, it doesn't work... Any tips on how to beat that attack?

And Xaldin... I'm just trying to Jump when I need to but he is proving frustrating... I can get him down to half health before he gets me.

I just have those three data battles to do before I finish them.... I tried the Aladdin Carpet mini game again and still failed.... and my attempts at The Lingering Will are getting there.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Anyone have any tips on defeating data battles Xemnas, Xigbar and Xaldin?

I've got Xemnas down to his last 5 bars in the second fight... but Riku failed to heal me in time, despite having magic to do so. Though I think he was getting hit as well so that was probably why I died.

Xigbar, I'm having trouble with the bit where he goes up high and shoots you from afar. I know you have to stand there and press triangle to break it. I tend to just stand there, thumping triangle, getting hit and hopefully catching it in time. It works the first time but when Xigbar goes to that attack the second time, it doesn't work... Any tips on how to beat that attack?

And Xaldin... I'm just trying to Jump when I need to but he is proving frustrating... I can get him down to half health before he gets me.

I just have those three data battles to do before I finish them.... I tried the Aladdin Carpet mini game again and still failed.... and my attempts at The Lingering Will are getting there.

If you can get Xemnas to his final HP bars, then it shouldn't be much of a problem. His laser phase is so much easier to handle than the first half. Just make sure you properly guard them: Guard 0.5secs after the triple lasers, wait till he surround you with lasers and guard 1sec later, spam guard facing his two clones that are shooting lasers repeatedly, then attack him after this. I can't give much advice for this part of the fight...

For Xigbar, equip all your air combo plus and boosts and Hero's Crest. Just summon Stitch and Reflect his projectiles back to him. After every 2 successful Reflects he should be stunned. Then air combo him like crazy and Reflect again when he teleports away, repeat. He changes the map occasionally but the same method applies. I pretty much never see him use the move you mentioned with this strategy, though Reflect probably works for that as well so just spam it. Stitch is a godsend, the best thing KHII provides us.

Xaldin just needs controller practice. Learn to be able to mash triangle while quick running, air dodging, gliding, etc. To me, the main fight is not Xaldin but the controller. 9 jumps is not necessary, I can only get 7 all the time because I'm bad in mashing and he still dies just as easy. All of his moves is blockable, just need to practice the timing. At 7-8 bars, run to one corner of the bridge when he uses his desperation move. If you can't time the opportunity to dodge the laser, wait till the dragon shows up on the side of the bridge, and glide to the opposite corner of the bridge and the laser won't hit you (eg. bottom left to top right). Afterwards, jump and magnet him when he warps, repeat till the lance rain for the jumps.

hlc1988

Awards
If you can get Xemnas to his final HP bars, then it shouldn't be much of a problem. His laser phase is so much easier to handle than the first half. Just make sure you properly guard them: Guard 0.5secs after the triple lasers, wait till he surround you with lasers and guard 1sec later, spam guard facing his two clones that are shooting lasers repeatedly, then attack him after this. I can't give much advice for this part of the fight...

For Xigbar, equip all your air combo plus and boosts and Hero's Crest. Just summon Stitch and Reflect his projectiles back to him. After every 2 successful Reflects he should be stunned. Then air combo him like crazy and Reflect again when he teleports away, repeat. He changes the map occasionally but the same method applies. I pretty much never see him use the move you mentioned with this strategy, though Reflect probably works for that as well so just spam it. Stitch is a godsend, the best thing KHII provides us.

Xaldin just needs controller practice. Learn to be able to mash triangle while quick running, air dodging, gliding, etc. To me, the main fight is not Xaldin but the controller. 9 jumps is not necessary, I can only get 7 all the time because I'm bad in mashing and he still dies just as easy. All of his moves is blockable, just need to practice the timing. At 7-8 bars, run to one corner of the bridge when he uses his desperation move. If you can't time the opportunity to dodge the laser, wait till the dragon shows up on the side of the bridge, and glide to the opposite corner of the bridge and the laser won't hit you (eg. bottom left to top right). Afterwards, jump and magnet him when he warps, repeat till the lance rain for the jumps.

Thanks for the advice! I will have to carry on and try the tactic you've described with Xigbar.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
This game is actually pretty boring after you do mostly everything. I'm going to drop bbs for a while and try my hand at the data org on II.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Welp, I've managed to get to Arena Level 30 with Ven through beating all of the other events from Keepers of the Arena and Villain's Vendetta to the next two Super Bosses Armor of the Master and No Heart (both of which I beat earlier this evening). Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment was stupidly easy to take down as Ven when you know which attacks to use as well.

Also, on a side note, I swear that the drifting in this game is infinitely easier to pull off. It's probably because the joystick used on the PS3 is just so much more intuitive than that abomination on the PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back