• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzales95

Awards
Turned on my PS3 for the first time in ages and was going to play a different game but then I stumbled across one of the KH Mysteries videos that GT did with this website and was inspired to go on 2.5!

Turns out I'm level 93 but hadn't bothered facing Sephiroth - never beat him as a kid so I guess I thought he was going to be impossible, but I went and kicked his sorry backside to kingdom come! Yeah it was on normal so not all that impressive really, but given I never beat him before I was really happy especially when I hadn't played the game for well over a month. Then went and beat Data Saix for good measure (1st data battle I've actually won).

I still haven't even played BBS at all yet, but I think part of me wants to complete KH2 fully (and go back and finish KH1) before I move onto BBS

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Turned on my PS3 for the first time in ages and was going to play a different game but then I stumbled across one of the KH Mysteries videos that GT did with this website and was inspired to go on 2.5!

Turns out I'm level 93 but hadn't bothered facing Sephiroth - never beat him as a kid so I guess I thought he was going to be impossible, but I went and kicked his sorry backside to kingdom come! Yeah it was on normal so not all that impressive really, but given I never beat him before I was really happy especially when I hadn't played the game for well over a month. Then went and beat Data Saix for good measure (1st data battle I've actually won).

I still haven't even played BBS at all yet, but I think part of me wants to complete KH2 fully (and go back and finish KH1) before I move onto BBS

If it makes you feel any better, Sephiroth can go down easy no matter what mode you play in if you know what you are doing, especially in Final Mix where Limit Form can tear him apart. A Level 1 run on Critical Mode is probably the only mode where he's going to be challenging in Final Mix.

Also, congrats on beating Data-Saix. Now you can tell him to "MOVE ASIDE" for a change. :p

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
If it makes you feel any better, Sephiroth can go down easy no matter what mode you play in if you know what you are doing, especially in Final Mix where Limit Form can tear him apart. A Level 1 run on Critical Mode is probably the only mode where he's going to be challenging in Final Mix.

Also, congrats on beating Data-Saix. Now you can tell him to "MOVE ASIDE" for a change. :p

I think if you play normally, but turn off second change and once more, the battle could get harder. I am pretty sure that at least in Critical mode, his ground sword combo will kill Sora, no matter what lv he is. In LV1 depending on stuff, Sora dies after two hits. He is rather deadly in LV1, and I managed to beat Sephy only once on that run( he is still easier than in kH1). Still haven`t beaten Terra or most of the Data-Org. Larxene is insane! If you don`t know what you are doing, the battle lasts like 4 seconds. She one shot kills you with her thunder attack right at the start of the battle.

Gonzales95

Awards
Yeah, that damn guy can move aside at last! Tbh, at least on Standard/Normal Saix is a breeze with Lvl3 Glide, only annoying thing was the Claymores disappearing a lot quicker than they do in the story boss but it wasn't too bad.

Went on a mini-rampage actually, cleared Larxene, Zexion, Vexen and even Xaldin (who was a lot easier than I was expecting) as well so I'm at 5/13 now. Still, I think the 8 I've got left are going to give me a proper tough time. I was trying Luxord and his minigames are so RNG it's pretty much unfair, and don't even start me on Demyx...

itwasmybedtime

beating the data organization was a little easier than I had thought. Spam limits and reflegas, know their attacks and voilá. Luxord was the one who gave me more trouble, and the time I won I actually failed at his first desperation move, still don't know how I got through.

Marluxia is quite easy since the only difference from the Absent Silhouette is the way it starts.

also, I have no idea how people find Sephy that hard, you literally just have to lose a few times to memorize his attacks. much harder on kh1

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah, marluxia was easy. Luxord I almost had until he had cards with bombs in front, I flipped one without thinking and died instantly, bypassed second chance and once more. Lexaeus was actually almost as easy as the absent silhouette battle, vexen is pretty ridiculous. I was careful of the anti sora generator but then he spammed a desperation move where he becomes invincible and drops glaciers, and then the tracker catches me and I'm comboed to death. Data roxas I get to the last bar or two and he always gets me. Smh.

sephiroth was easy. I don't think he even used harvest angel/heartless angel (whatever you call it).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Welp, I managed to defeat Young Master Xehanort as Ventus! Took me a several hours and remembering to properly time my guards so that I can activate Stratosphere every once in a blue moon, but I got him!

I'm also already nearly done with Aqua having already beaten Vanitas' Lingering Sentiment, the four Rumble Races, all of the (regular) Mirage Arena missions, Monstro and Armor of the Master. No Heart and Young Master Xehanort are literally all I have left as her.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Congratulations! 5 surges, three cures, second chance and once more.

that's all you need for both bosses, but I'm sure you know that already. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Congratulations! 5 surges, three cures, second chance and once more.

that's all you need for both bosses, but I'm sure you know that already. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

Thanks man and I will, trust me on that one. :p Considering how he was nerfed in II.5 (I remember not even being able to make it past his key in Critical Mode in the PSP version of Final Mix), it should hopefully only take me a couple of tries. Trollenort, OTOH, will probably take me...more. I did beat him in the PSP version as Aqua once before, so I already know that I can beat him as Aqua, ESPECIALLY after having already beaten him as Terra.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Finished Aqua's story today. Managed to get all the treasure chests and stickers for every character. All the arena missions and extra bosses will come sometime in the near future. Tomorrow I'll play the final episode and secret episode and I can't wait to play the secret episode. It looks awesome.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Good luck, enemies are more powerful than dream eaters. The final boss of the SE is easy if you have time splicer and surges, he really isn't hard at all.

Gonzales95

Awards
Now that I've beaten the Data XIII and Terra on Standard, I've decided it's finally time to take on Critical Mode. Not a Level 1 run, because I'm not a masochist but I'm sure that this is going to be quite the challenge. Just been playing through the Roxas section and to be honest it hasn't been too bad so far - the Reaction Boost and Finishing Plus the game gives you actually makes Twilight Thorn and Axel so much easier, didn't even trigger the RC a second time on Thorn and the second time I did Axel's RC it finished him off.

Still, the prospect of having to face Assault Riders in Land of Dragons isn't one I'm looking forward to...

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Haha. Yeah. It's really all fun and games until you hit land of dragons. The assault riders on critical mode will test your patience beyond what you thought yourself capable of.

would level grind as much as humanly possible before you go to the lod, and once there, go back in forth in between the zones you can go to before doing the mission heading up the mountain.

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
No Heart and Young Master Xehanort are down for the count! No Heart only took me a couple of tries in order to take him down (I made one stupid mistake and it cost me the match). Young Master Xehanort, OTOH...took me a couple of hours. Still, I was able to land the final Thunder Surge handily enough and while he was invisible no less. I honestly never knew that you could beat him while he was invisible. I always thought that he had to be visible for the final hit to "count" like how the floor needs to be free of fire during the battle against Data Axel.

Off to (re)finish Aqua's Episode as well as the Final and Secret Episodes (again).

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Good luck, that finisher rule in kh2 was really kind of dumb but luckily bbs removed it, and hopefully it'll stay gone for III (bbs and DDD were designed as portable games and no one had the time to land a combo finisher on the go, for real though).

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
Good luck, that finisher rule in kh2 was really kind of dumb but luckily bbs removed it, and hopefully it'll stay gone for III (bbs and DDD were designed as portable games and no one had the time to land a combo finisher on the go, for real though).

Thanks. I actually thought that it was still in place during the game, but that was during all the Vanitas battles where what you hit could simply disappear and have him reappear trying to Sephiroth you from above.

Anyway, managed to (re)beat all of the stories. I'll probably update on here at least one last time since it's been tradition for me to beat Aqua's Secret Episode on my birthday since 2013, but in regards to actually playing II.5, I won't be doing that for quite a while since I've managed to do everything that I feel like I needed to do for this compilation and have played nothing but that plus a little bit of Final Fantasy VII on the side.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Congrats man. Did you replay the entire game or just beat the final bosses?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Makes sense haha I can't imagine playing through that entire game a second time, I love it but not for the main campaign, that shits only worth one play through.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Good luck, enemies are more powerful than dream eaters. The final boss of the SE is easy if you have time splicer and surges, he really isn't hard at all.

Beat the secret episode yesterday. I enjoyed it but you were right it wasn't too hard (Mine Square is a great move). I didn't die at all against the normal Heartless, though I died twice against the boss because I got careless.

I've also started to make my way through the arena missions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back