• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Hmph, that goddamn pile of metal Lingering Will is straight on its way to beat the Mysterious Figure from BBS as my personal most annoying Super Boss of all time.
I've spent nearly every free minute on this weekend to try and beat this rotten bitch, but couldn't actually do it in.

I always manage to get him down to 4 or 3 bars of HP left, but then it starts to get idiotic by just spamming its Desperation move and those forsaken Attack/Magic seal attacks.

You get no more openings to actually take those last 4 to 3 bars away since its invincible all the time and you cannot hit it at all.

Also, speaking of the Desperation move I can easily block the first combo and outglide the second part where it plays giant clockwheel, but I cannot for Etro's sake come out unscathed from the third part.

Even worse is that three, if not even four, trophies are dependent on defeating this stupid armor...<__<

Anagram

Banned
Hmph, that goddamn pile of metal Lingering Will is straight on its way to beat the Mysterious Figure from BBS as my personal most annoying Super Boss of all time.
I've spent nearly every free minute on this weekend to try and beat this rotten bitch, but couldn't actually do it in.

I always manage to get him down to 4 or 3 bars of HP left, but then it starts to get idiotic by just spamming its Desperation move and those forsaken Attack/Magic seal attacks.

You get no more openings to actually take those last 4 to 3 bars away since its invincible all the time and you cannot hit it at all.

Also, speaking of the Desperation move I can easily block the first combo and outglide the second part where it plays giant clockwheel, but I cannot for Etro's sake come out unscathed from the third part.

Even worse is that three, if not even four, trophies are dependent on defeating this stupid armor...<__<
Welcome to the hell that is Lingering Will~ I managed to beat him once and only once on critical years ago. (imported KH2FM at the time)
Now I just rely on the "fenrir strategy" to troll win out of some sense of vengeance for my past aggravations. lol

Gotta say though. The whole fenrir strategy was more legit than I figured it would be. Unlike the rock method of Vanitas Remnant it doesn't rely on a type of glitch. You just take advantage of Lingering Will's stun/dazed window.

Moose

Awards

Try summoning Stitch halfway through the fight, it helped me beat him at least.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Welcome to the hell that is Lingering Will~ I managed to beat him once and only once on critical years ago. (imported KH2FM at the time)
Now I just rely on the "fenrir strategy" to troll win out of some sense of vengeance for my past aggravations. lol

Gotta say though. The whole fenrir strategy was more legit than I figured it would be. Unlike the rock method of Vanitas Remnant it doesn't rely on a type of glitch. You just take advantage of Lingering Will's stun/dazed window.

Lol, I will also only need to beat it once...for those stupid trophies.
Unlike the Org XIII Data battles, this one is not fun for me at all.
In my second Critical playthrough to get the platinum I won't even go near this tin can.

I may also need to resort to the "Fenrir strategy" since trying to beat it fairly seems to be impossible (at least with my level of skill). The last quarter of the battle simply gets too hectic with the Will chaining attack after attack without pause.
Not even the Mysterious Figure is that cheap.

Try summoning Stitch halfway through the fight, it helped me beat him at least.

Stitch?
I've never seen a strategy that involves Stitch, how do you work with him?
Hmm...wait, can it be that Stitch's Ukelele (when Sora is low on HP) which works wonders in the Cups also works on the Will and stuns this pile of metal?

Anagram

Banned
Lol, I will also only need to beat it once...for those stupid trophies.
Unlike the Org XIII Data battles, this one is not fun for me at all.
In my second Critical playthrough to get the platinum I won't even go near this tin can.

I may also need to resort to the "Fenrir strategy" since trying to beat it fairly seems to be impossible (at least with my level of skill). The last quarter of the battle simply gets too hectic with the Will chaining attack after attack without pause.
Not even the Mysterious Figure is that cheap.

Stitch?
I've never seen a strategy that involves Stitch, how do you work with him?
Hmm...wait, can it be that Stitch's Ukelele (when Sora is low on HP) which works wonders in the Cups also works on the Will and stuns this pile of metal?
I never cared for trophies. My cause was sadder one. lol The cause of one just to stubborn to stop after all his frustration.
I didn't even find the data fights fun personally. The only added fight I enjoyed was Roxas but only because I think it should've been there in the first place.

His last quarter really is crazy. I only one the one time because I got a lucky hit in. That's why I loved the fenrir strategy so much. It trolls him like he does you. You attack in a way he can't ever be unstunned. (it's actually a rather brilliant strategy because it's not using a glitch of any kind so respect to whoever first found it)

Stitch is great for a lot of bosses. However to use him best you dont rely on his joint attack with Sora. You just let him roam the screen and he'll restore you mp when it's empty, deflect all incoming attacks (like LW's magic orb things), occasionally shoot what your fighting, etc.
Stitch is the wonder summon of the game so long as you just let him do his thing. He's useful for practically every type of enemy, battle and boss.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
Stitch: Infinite MP, reflects projectile back to enemy, stunlocks enemy, guarantee stunlocks plus hp orb drop when Hp is low.

I personally consider it a sin to not know Stitch's usefulness. It is way more useful than Final Form in so many situations.
All other summons are very useful as well, to me only Limit and Final form rivals them in certain situations.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I only care for them because I do not like leaving things unfinished, lol.
There's however one case in which the trophy list will remain unfinished though, like for example in Worms: Ultimate Mayhem, Tekken Tag Tournament 2 or Super Street Fighter IV. These games are all examples where there are Online trophies and I never play online.

After another try I did notice that it leaves one opening to attack it even in the last quarter of the fight. The problem is however that this (very short) opening comes right after the third part of its desperation attack, which I personally find to be the hardest move to avoid in the entire game.

Even the Fenrir Strategy needs some timing though or you may get either a) a miss if the LW is too far away or b) have Sora jump over it instead of hitting it.

Maybe not only high jump, but aerial dodge needs to be unequipped as well.

I knew that about Stitch from the Paradox cups, as it helped me gain 20.000 points on the first three rounds on Hades Paradox.
I just didn't knew he works against Super Bosses too.
Seems like Stitch is more of a secret weapon to make Boss Fights easier.

Anagram

Banned
After another try I did notice that it leaves one opening to attack it even in the last quarter of the fight. The problem is however that this (very short) opening comes right after the third part of its desperation attack, which I personally find to be the hardest move to avoid in the entire game.

Even the Fenrir Strategy needs some timing though or you may get either a) a miss if the LW is too far away or b) have Sora jump over it instead of hitting it.

Maybe not only high jump, but aerial dodge needs to be unequipped as well.

I knew that about Stitch from the Paradox cups, as it helped me gain 20.000 points on the first three rounds on Hades Paradox.
I just didn't knew he works against Super Bosses too.
Seems like Stitch is more of a secret weapon to make Boss Fights easier.
It's best to unequip high jump, aerial dodge, glide and any finishing pluses you have. In fact take off all the finishing plus moves and all the finishers as well. What you want to do is basically just jump and slash him repeatedly. So make sure you only doing one slash at a time. (meaning negative combos)
This comes with the drawback that you only have dodge roll and guard to defend with if he gets loose but believe me when I say you can trap him again....if your lucky.

Stitch works on everything. He's the bahumet of Kingdom Hearts. Data bosses, LW, there is nothing he can't be useful against.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
It's best to unequip high jump, aerial dodge, glide and any finishing pluses you have. In fact take off all the finishing plus moves and all the finishers as well. What you want to do is basically just jump and slash him repeatedly. So make sure you only doing one slash at a time. (meaning negative combos)
This comes with the drawback that you only have dodge roll and guard to defend with if he gets loose but believe me when I say you can trap him again....if your lucky.

Stitch works on everything. He's the bahumet of Kingdom Hearts. Data bosses, LW, there is nothing he can't be useful against.

Why glide though? It doesn't get really in the way with the buttons you need for "Fenrir".
Finishing Plus I do have equipped though I realize right now.
Combo minus is by now a standard I have equipped against all super bosses, as the longer the combo, the earlier a boss can counter attack.

So it is advised to summon Stitch even when you're going for Fenrir-strategy (would also have the advantage that Donald and Goofy cannot accidentally get in the way)?

Anagram

Banned
Why glide though? It doesn't get really in the way with the buttons you need for "Fenrir".
Finishing Plus I do have equipped though I realize right now.
Combo minus is by now a standard I have equipped against all super bosses, as the longer the combo, the earlier a boss can counter attack.

So it is advised to summon Stitch even when you're going for Fenrir-strategy (would also have the advantage that Donald and Goofy cannot accidentally get in the way)?

I recommend taking off glide because you'll be hitting jump and attack repeatedly and consistently. You dont' want anything that could potentially interrupt that flow. (such as an accidental but brief glide)
Take off the finisher plus and the finishers themselves. You want only one slash when you jump. Which with everything taken off is just a finisher slash.

I dont recommend using stitch for the strategy because he's automated and could possibly mess you up. Same for Donald & Goofy. Set them to whatever the setting is that they support sora but never attack.

Here's a video of how it should look when done right:

Main link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2WhSKV292s&index=11&list=FLio5DV5eRP892cFj_mb9okA

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Well there is also a way to dodge the final part of Lingering Wills Desperation attack. Either you try your luck and and smash block like crazy, or you glide to the cliff. When you arrive there, turn around so Sora`s back faces the cliff. Now Lingering Will won`t be able to teleport behind Sora, and you can block his attacks with ease. When he does the final rush, just time your dodge roll right, and LW is open for attack. Also his command lock move(where LW turns his Keybade to a bow) can be avoided by dodge roll, but you have to time it right. Also there is a method to loop him with the Explosion finisher, but I don`t think that is necessary for you`r victory.

LW counters without a warning when you reach his 5th health bar(it happens two times I think). LW also counters after 3 combo finishers, but if you block his Ultima Cannon back at him, he will counter after 2 finishers.
I suggest using the Decisive Pumpking Keyblade, since the combo boost ability can inflict massive damage.

I have been fighting against LW on level 1 for a while now, and it is crazy how many things can go wrong in that fight. :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I recommend taking off glide because you'll be hitting jump and attack repeatedly and consistently. You dont' want anything that could potentially interrupt that flow. (such as an accidental but brief glide)
Take off the finisher plus and the finishers themselves. You want only one slash when you jump. Which with everything taken off is just a finisher slash.

I dont recommend using stitch for the strategy because he's automated and could possibly mess you up. Same for Donald & Goofy. Set them to whatever the setting is that they support sora but never attack.

Here's a video of how it should look when done right:

Main link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2WhSKV292s&index=11&list=FLio5DV5eRP892cFj_mb9okA

Even "just" hitting jump and attack needs some concentration though as you need to time the two button presses correctly to keep the LW stunned it seems. Also, I noticed that when the LW is bonked against one of the stalagmites littering around the area it always performs the whip attack regardless if stunned or not.

Yea, almost forgot that Stitch sometimes uses Ukelele on his own whim, and that could mess up the string of jump-whopping.
Since I have to go to work now, I can only truly try the Fenrir-strategy this evening when I'm back at home.
For super bosses, I always have D & G on stand by for support stuff. Donald has only Cure equipped and both him and Goofy are stuffed full with Hi-Potions to serve as additional healing help.
Donald dies every second hit anyways, lol.

Well there is also a way to dodge the final part of Lingering Wills Desperation attack. Either you try your luck and and smash block like crazy, or you glide to the cliff. When you arrive there, turn around so Sora`s back faces the cliff. Now Lingering Will won`t be able to teleport behind Sora, and you can block his attacks with ease. When he does the final rush, just time your dodge roll right, and LW is open for attack. Also his command lock move(where LW turns his Keybade to a bow) can be avoided by dodge roll, but you have to time it right. Also there is a method to loop him with the Explosion finisher, but I don`t think that is necessary for you`r victory.

LW counters without a warning when you reach his 5th health bar(it happens two times I think). LW also counters after 3 combo finishers, but if you block his Ultima Cannon back at him, he will counter after 2 finishers.
I suggest using the Decisive Pumpking Keyblade, since the combo boost ability can inflict massive damage.

I have been fighting against LW on level 1 for a while now, and it is crazy how many things can go wrong in that fight. :D

Heh, lol, I actually do know that there must be a way to get through the final part of its desperation move unscathed or otherwise Lv1-runs on critical would not be possible.
Trying to block like crazy was nearly always my approach, but midway in all the flurry of attacks I often mess up the timing and it gets me with the last three or four attacks.

The bow-move is actually rather easy to avoid if you can lock on to him fast enough. Just wait one split second, then dodge roll to avoid all three (or five in the later stages) arrows.

Since I was at it for the entire last weekend (whenever I had free time), I do know how to counter/avoid most of its moves.
The only ones I still have problems with is the third part of its desperation move and the "Seal" attacks (where it jumps and turns the Keyblade into a staff, sealing either your magic and items or your attacks), the latter mainly because it comes so fast out of nowhere and without much signalling.
It's especially nasty if it uses such a seal attack right after a desperation move.

A loop with Explosion? That's news for me, lol, how does that work?

In my case he counters after four finishers though (two guard breaks and two explosions or two Zantetsukens and two Ripple Drives in Limit Form), probably because finishing plus gives you one extra.
Ultima Cannon and poking it with Thundaga both counts as one finisher, so to play things safe I wonder if it would be feasible to try and defeat it with just Thundaga by equipping Photon Debugger, your own Thunder Boost and plenty of Elixiers.

Yep, I just recently discovered that the Pumpkin Keyblade actually beats both Fenrir and Ultima in total damage output per combo especially against super bosses (whose raw damage stat is capped, meaning anything more than 82 strength for Sora doesn't help against Lingering Will or the Data Battles).
The MP Hastga of Ultima is extremely useful though. I already have 3 Full Bloom+ (Marluxia's accessory) for even faster MP reload, maybe I should invest the synthesis materials for a fourth and then forego Ultima?

Indeed, you need to mess up just once (even if it is just hitting a wrong button accidentally or missing one button push due to sweaty fingers) to end up with 1 HP or even worse.
It's especially frustrating if you are skilled enough to get it down to its last 4 or 3 HP bars (like me) and then fail on the last stretch of the battle to get these petty last HP bars down...

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
The explosion loop works something like this: you equip only the Explosion finisher, and some combo pluses. You do 3 Explosion finishers, and after that LW will counter with it`s rush attack and after that with the whip. He will just spam these two moves when you get the loop going. All thou he will still do his desperation move at the end of the fight.
You can see the loop performed here:
[video]https://youtu.be/HM-TloyZ3aY[/video]

Also in the video the player evades the Desperation move successfully. I hope this helps! :)

Anagram

Banned
Even "just" hitting jump and attack needs some concentration though as you need to time the two button presses correctly to keep the LW stunned it seems. Also, I noticed that when the LW is bonked against one of the stalagmites littering around the area it always performs the whip attack regardless if stunned or not.]
It does take concentration but no more than it does fighting him straight forward.
That is the big flaw. You cant let him get against any rocks but its easy to avoid. Just use the analog to sort of steer him. Of done right you will eventually loop him in a circle of jump slashes.

Last edited:

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
silently working on the challenges
-getting wrecked on critical being under lv70 trying to get through the final hallway in Caverns of Remembrance. (My drive form runs out right at the last wave, EVERY TIME xD)

Plan on a platinum for this game, it actually seems reasonable compared to a super speed run in 1.5.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Bro

before the last wave use a drive recovery, you can get them by doing mushroom challenges, which you can get easily by grinding with the agrabah mushroom, magnet and thunder when you out of drive is your best friend, for sorcerers just magnet and combo. Its always a good idea to use reflect when shit gets hairy so don't be afraid to make proper usage.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I have to extend my thanks to all those fellows who gave me more tips for the Lingering Will.
Lol, I finally managed to defer that pile of scrap metal to the junkyard with the Fenrir strategy, finally gaining all four trophies related to it (I had all the other tasks in Jiminy's journal already completed months ago).
Something that leaves me a little head-scratching is however that the Lingering Will is only a silver trophy while the Org XIII-Data is a gold one. The Org XIII-Data, while undoubtly hard, is still easier than the Lingering Will.

Now all that remains is to defeat Xemnas again to get the birth by sleep-secret ending and then perform a (story)-playthrough on Critical difficulty for KH 2 FM (I always do my first playthrough on Proud) in order to get platinum.
Then I can finally start with BBS itself...^__^

@Chuman:

Sorry bro, but Drive Recovery orbs can only be used from the menu and I do not think you get a chance to go into the menu between the waves of Nobodies in the Cavern of Remembrance.
If you could go into the menu between waves, you could also fully heal up the whole party by using a tent.

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I thought he meant in-between battles? Like, after hr cleared out one section of the hallway, he could pause where there was a lack of enemies and use a drive recovery/tent? If he meant one battle in-between enemy spawns I am aware, but I figured he meant he was spent at the end of hallway. I must have misunderstood.

LedxirnSimon

I have to extend my thanks to all those fellows who gave me more tips for the Lingering Will.
Lol, I finally managed to defer that pile of scrap metal to the junkyard with the Fenrir strategy, finally gaining all four trophies related to it (I had all the other tasks in Jiminy's journal already completed months ago).
Something that leaves me a little head-scratching is however that the Lingering Will is only a silver trophy while the Org XIII-Data is a gold one. The Org XIII-Data, while undoubtly hard, is still easier than the Lingering Will.

Now all that remains is to defeat Xemnas again to get the birth by sleep-secret ending and then perform a (story)-playthrough on Critical difficulty for KH 2 FM (I always do my first playthrough on Proud) in order to get platinum.
Then I can finally start with BBS itself...^__^

@Chuman:

Sorry bro, but Drive Recovery orbs can only be used from the menu and I do not think you get a chance to go into the menu between the waves of Nobodies in the Cavern of Remembrance.
If you could go into the menu between waves, you could also fully heal up the whole party by using a tent.

Actually, when playing on critical mode, It unlocked proud mode trophy automatically, so it can be stacked. :p

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I thought he meant in-between battles? Like, after hr cleared out one section of the hallway, he could pause where there was a lack of enemies and use a drive recovery/tent? If he meant one battle in-between enemy spawns I am aware, but I figured he meant he was spent at the end of hallway. I must have misunderstood.

Then he would have written "last battle" and not "waves", right?
In the last section of the Cavern, if I recall correctly there are several battles against Nobodies with each consisting of multiple waves of Enemies, with the last consisting of so many waves that it is certainly possible for a Drive form to run out.

But maybe I was the one who misunderstood, lol.

Actually, when playing on critical mode, It unlocked proud mode trophy automatically, so it can be stacked. :p

I haven't played KH 2 for maybe 3 or 4 years, not to mention I never played the Final Mix before, so I did not really want to start off directly with Critical difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back