• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How's everyone enjoying it?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hlc1988

Awards
I'm replaying Birth By Sleep Final Mix now. On Normal Mode. Trying to get 100% everything. And for the first time ever I managed to get the first three Ice Cream beat songs and get all Fantastics on them for both Beginner and Master.

And then I did Destiny Islands and I failed miserably... Anybody got any tips for that at all? And what are the scores I need to get for that one to get Fantastic in?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I just beat BBS all the way. All three characters, Final Episode, Secret Episode. The Secret Episode really threw me for a loop, because I had no idea that it existed. I guess it was supposed to be teasing for this thing called "BBS volume 2" that never came to be. Now all that weird stuff that I saw is going to drive me crazy... what was that weird castle? Why were there trees in the RoD? What was going on?! The Explanation That Never Was...

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I just beat BBS all the way. All three characters, Final Episode, Secret Episode. The Secret Episode really threw me for a loop, because I had no idea that it existed. I guess it was supposed to be teasing for this thing called "BBS volume 2" that never came to be. Now all that weird stuff that I saw is going to drive me crazy... what was that weird castle? Why were there trees in the RoD? What was going on?! The Explanation That Never Was...

Yeah, questions!

Birth by Sleep Volume II was originally going to be a game, but near the very beginning of it, it was scrapped by the team. Nomura wasn't happy about its cancellation, but he made it clear that it was a thing at one point, and doesn't seem likely to appear again. However, he said it wasn't right to remove the message from the game in 2.5, so that's why you're still seeing it.

The castle was the world Castle of Dreams. It fell to darkness.

Why was there trees? The realm of darkness is basically a world where darkness rules over all, but there's nothing saying that there can't be trees there, I guess.

Aqua sacrificed herself so that Terra wouldn't fall into darkness, and in turn was stuck in the realm of darkness herself. Later, she meets Ansem the Wise, who is revealed to be stuck there without many of his memories after he sacrificed himself in KHII.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yeah, questions!

Birth by Sleep Volume II was originally going to be a game, but near the very beginning of it, it was scrapped by the team. Nomura wasn't happy about its cancellation, but he made it clear that it was a thing at one point, and doesn't seem likely to appear again. However, he said it wasn't right to remove the message from the game in 2.5, so that's why you're still seeing it.

The castle was the world Castle of Dreams. It fell to darkness.

Why was there trees? The realm of darkness is basically a world where darkness rules over all, but there's nothing saying that there can't be trees there, I guess.

Aqua sacrificed herself so that Terra wouldn't fall into darkness, and in turn was stuck in the realm of darkness herself. Later, she meets Ansem the Wise, who is revealed to be stuck there without many of his memories after he sacrificed himself in KHII.

Ohh. Okay, I feel a lot better about this now. Thanks.
It's too bad, though. I could feel the hype behind all of those images. That remix of KH1's final boss theme got me going, too. I'm betting some strange stuff would have gone down if vol. II had become a thing.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Ohh. Okay, I feel a lot better about this now. Thanks.
It's too bad, though. I could feel the hype behind all of those images. That remix of KH1's final boss theme got me going, too. I'm betting some strange stuff would have gone down if vol. II had become a thing.

People like to speculate, but I haven't seen anything revealing any plot from the original game. I'm assuming one of the characters would be Aqua traversing the realm of darkness, and the others might be Mickey and Riku during KH? They could happen at the same time; time flows slowly in the realm of darkness, after all.

And that's not even to say that he guaranteed there would be multiple playable characters; we know practically nothing about it to date.

hlc1988

Awards

In this recent interview Nomura states that he would still like the chance to tell this story. This suggests to me it was an idea that he hasn't had a chance to tell yet and it was never worked on really. Nomura Finally Comments On Birth By Sleep Volume 2 | Kingdom Hearts Union

Where has it been said that BBSV2 was cancelled?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
In this recent interview Nomura states that he would still like the chance to tell this story. This suggests to me it was an idea that he hasn't had a chance to tell yet and it was never worked on really. Nomura Finally Comments On Birth By Sleep Volume 2 | Kingdom Hearts Union

Where has it been said that BBSV2 was cancelled?

We know that there was a KH Mystery Game that was in development before 3D, and we know that it was shelved. The evidence suggests that it was BBS v. II

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
We know that there was a KH Mystery Game that was in development before 3D, and we know that it was shelved. The evidence suggests that it was BBS v. II
I don't agree. He made clear that the Mystery KH was cancelled and that "it was a shame but that project won't start again", but then says that there is still a chance for BBSv2 to happen, just not now. This implies they were separate projects.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't agree. He made clear that the Mystery KH was cancelled and that "it was a shame but that project won't start again", but then says that there is still a chance for BBSv2 to happen, just not now. This implies they were separate projects.

I'm not sold either way, BBSv.2 being the mystery game was always the popular idea but I never considered it to be anything more than a secret movie title.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
If there was another secret mystery title, I wonder what it would have been? Maybe the game showing what Mickey was doing in KH like he wanted? Or maybe it was a version of the keyblade war meant for consoles instead of being just a web game? We have so little information on it that it could literally have been anything that could have been a plot point in this series ;M;

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
It was clearly going to be a do over on Days with the opening image of the game is Nomura saying my bad we'll try to get it right this time.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I just finished my Type 0 run. Going back to finish Kingdom Hearts 2. If I beat the storyline in Critical mode; I automatically get the Proud achievement, right?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If there was another secret mystery title, I wonder what it would have been? Maybe the game showing what Mickey was doing in KH like he wanted? Or maybe it was a version of the keyblade war meant for consoles instead of being just a web game? We have so little information on it that it could literally have been anything that could have been a plot point in this series ;M;
Honestly, it didn't sound like a simple concept. The way he talked about it, and the way his producer reacted, made it sound like it was a pretty experimental game. Both those game ideas are relatively straight forward.

Maybe it was a game where you play as Young Xehanort as he time travels? The could shake some things up (TIME TRAVEL MECHANIC) and playing as the villain would be unexpected. It would also explain why the project wouldn't be started up again, because with KH3D that story is more or less told as far as it needed to be to set up KH3.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I'm rueing the existence of the Mushroom XIII challenge right now, and I'm really wishing that getting the second secret ending didn't count on doing so much stuff.

Ahh! I swear that one at Memory's Skyscraper--that you have to hit with Wisdom Form seventy-five times, or whatever, without it seeing you--will always give me nightmares.

But on the bright side, I finally managed to defeat Xemnas in Critical Mood (he was killing me pretty cheaply before that), so that's good! The ending and first secret ending just looked beautiful on my HD TV, too:)

kuraudoVII

D'oh, I missed!
Awards
I'm rueing the existence of the Mushroom XIII challenge right now, and I'm really wishing that getting the second secret ending didn't count on doing so much stuff.

Ahh! I swear that one at Memory's Skyscraper--that you have to hit with Wisdom Form seventy-five times, or whatever, without it seeing you--will always give me nightmares.

But on the bright side, I finally managed to defeat Xemnas in Critical Mood (he was killing me pretty cheaply before that), so that's good! The ending and first secret ending just looked beautiful on my HD TV, too:)

The one at Memory's Skyscraper was the last one that I finished precisely because the timing for hitting it is a pain.

Glad you managed to beat Xemnas on Critical. The beginning of that final battle is horrible since he always seems to land the first hit every time. It was one of the few instances where I honestly regretted picking the sword route. Thankfully, it all evens out by level 99, which is good since that's the level most of us were at by the time we tackled the Data Organization members battles.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Alright, and here's one final question. Critical mode is basically the same difficulty as Proud but the only difference is the HP bar limit, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back