• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Huge Plot Hole

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So as I was pondering this whole thing about time travel and how Sora and Riku traveled back to before the islands were lost to darkness, something occurred to me. If Sora and Riku's quest was to restore worlds that were sleeping Post KH1, then why in the blazes did they start their journey in the past? Like. How are they supposed to restore worlds that were sleeping post KH1 if the worlds that were restored in KH1 hadn't been restored yet? Oh time travel :/

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
From what I understand they went back in time so they can enter the RoS as DI was destroyed which sent them back to the present in their KH1 forms... I think...

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Because magic does what ever the fuck it wants.

Well the going back in time thing was always meant to be a temporary fix. I'm not too sure how the time travel thing works entirely myself but I'm sure someone's worked it out and is more adequate in explaining it.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No no no, the obvious plot hole is that they haven't shown what Sora's dinner was gonna be that night. At all.

Awards
Weren't those moments from the past the world was reliving as they were stuck in their slumber? In other words, a dream the worlds were having of an earlier experienced so to speak. Or maybe I don't get it at all.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Sora and Riku are in their KH1 forms because of Yen Sid's magic; something to do with "relearning how to use the keyblade." I don't know the specific details about their journey into the RoS, but it most certainly doesn't involve time traveling.

Narukami

ᴋɪɴɢᴘɪɴ &#743
Awards
Website
stormdiver.tumblr.com
No no no, the obvious plot hole is that they haven't shown what Sora's dinner was gonna be that night. At all.

757.gif

impart

Climb The Sky
Kh has its share of plot holes and allot of them are in grey areas, but they are there none the less

Whenever time traveling is involved in a story it never goes well, UNLESS the initial plot was already about time traveling

Im just going to go out and say it, I dont think anyone here would say Nomura is a super good writer, when I heard DDD was going to involve time traveling I thought to myself 'oh no'

as if Kingdom Heats weren't already complicated enough

Time traveling all of a sudden, kinda makes me think he just sort of ran out of ideas for his 6 billion side games
I lost my faith in the quality of this story a long time ago

Xammag

Kh has its share of plot holes and allot of them are in grey areas, but they are there none the less

Whenever time traveling is involved in a story it never goes well, UNLESS the initial plot was already about time traveling

Im just going to go out and say it, I dont think anyone here would say Nomura is a super good writer, when I heard DDD was going to involve time traveling I thought to myself 'oh no'

Time traveling all of a sudden, kinda makes me think he just sort of ran out of ideas for his 6 billion side games

I think time in regards to dreams make sense, like if a world fell asleep in KH1, obviously it would be behind what we know from KH2. The way Joshua described it to Riku, though, parallel worlds aren't really parallel, they are more like if I fell asleep and had two separate dreams in the same setting with the same characters. I think that's kind of a cool way to do it, since dreams can be about the same place and entirely different.

On the Xehanort side of time travelling, though, I would have liked to see more dream connections to the way they time travel. I think it makes sense to a certain degree right now, but using the dream world to travel would have made more sense to me, like pulling the different versions of MX out of dreams of worlds he's visited throughout his journey rather than the incarnations we already know about. But, it is what it is, and I respect Nomura's decision to take the story this way.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Well why are you bitching about it, just leave.

No writer is perfect, as a Fanfic writer and critic, I'm proof of that. The story is not that hard to understand, I'm a college student and understand it perfectly. The reason I am sane is I don't take it so seriously. And we have seven games, no side or spin offs. Time Travel doesn't make the story worse, seeing as every series has done time travel.

Rant over.

Key Wielder

Awards

...In my opinion, Mr. Nomura is a super good writer and this version of time travel is relatively straightforward. But back to the topic at hand:

Appearing in their KH1 forms was due to Yen Sid's magic, but as far as I understood it, Sora and Riku didn't actually travel through time. According to the logic presented in the game, they would have had to leave their bodies behind to do that, which they obviously didn't. It says in the reports that they were sent back to the islands at the point shortly before they were destroyed, but Young Xehanort says that events destined to happen cannot be changed when you travel through time. That being said, the islands were destined to fall into darkness and sleep, but Sora and Riku just took the raft and left.

I'm wondering if Yen Sid was able to use magic to recreate the conditions of the island at the time in the same way that he sent them back to the beginning bodily, and by unlocking that first sleeping keyhole they were able to enter the realm of sleep. The Robed Figure was able to become a "portal" himself by being there at the exact time the real islands fell into sleep, but they didn't necessarily use the same portal.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Awards
Yen Sid? You mean Xigbar? And I know this. This is another reason that if they did go back in time as he said, is a plot hole.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I doubt Yen Sid meant they were actually going back in time, rather a dream version of DI back in the days instead. Actual time traveling involves someone that's a floating heart.

You don't have to be a heart to time travel...... you just can't have your body.

Sora and Riku's consciousnesses were sent back in time. In the present time after Yen Sid delivers his speech to Sora and Riku, they are both asleep. Unconscious.

Yen Sid did send them back in time. He sent their conscious state of mind back in time and they went into their KH1 bodies.

Making them relearn how to use the Keyblade, was done by sending them back in time before their KH1 story happened.

It's also said within the story that Sora and Riku went back in time to start this journey. Yen Sid sent them back in time.

iLeen

Awards
You don't have to be a heart to time travel...... you just can't have your body.

Sora and Riku's consciousnesses were sent back in time. In the present time after Yen Sid delivers his speech to Sora and Riku, they are both asleep. Unconscious.

Yen Sid did send them back in time. He sent their conscious state of mind back in time and they went into their KH1 bodies.

Making them relearn how to use the Keyblade, was done by sending them back in time before their KH1 story happened.

It's also said within the story that Sora and Riku went back in time to start this journey. Yen Sid sent them back in time.

I thought I read somewhere that Yen Sid transformed Sora's and Riku's bodies into their younger form...but if that is false, then your above statement makes total sense. I was confused about the whole time traveling thing because I thought they were transformed then sent back in time (which doesn't fit in with KH time-traveling logic of body=/=time travel)

And if it's true that only their consciousness was sent back in time, then what happened to their present day bodies?

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
I thought I read somewhere that Yen Sid transformed Sora's and Riku's bodies into their younger form...but if that is false, then your above statement makes total sense. I was confused about the whole time traveling thing because I thought they were transformed then sent back in time (which doesn't fit in with KH time-traveling logic of body=/=time travel)

And if it's true that only their consciousness was sent back in time, then what happened to their present day bodies?

Asleep within the Mysterious Tower.

That is the way that I have always seen it so far, it's made the most sense to me. If it's been said somewhere else, then forgive my previous statement.

All I've heard about Yen Sid transforming them, is that he used his magic to change Sora and Riku's attire.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
It might be possible to send a consciousness back in time, it might be not. This is pure speculation and the game never hints anything in this direction, additionally Riku and Sora travel with their bodies, because how would they appear in real The World That Never Was without it?

Xigbar outright states that Sora was able to go back in time because a past version of him existed there, so it may be the Robed Figure after all that put Sora and Riku back in the past, but this would leave me wondering what Yen Sids original plan was exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back