• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Huge Plot Hole

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Youniquee

Awards
It might be possible to send a consciousness back in time, it might be not. This is pure speculation and the game never hints anything in this direction, additionally Riku and Sora travel with their bodies, because how would they appear in real The World That Never Was without it?

Xigbar outright states that Sora was able to go back in time because a past version of him existed there, so it may be the Robed Figure after all that put Sora and Riku back in the past, but this would leave me wondering what Yen Sids original plan was exactly.

I don't think they travel with their bodies. When Sora's heart was lost in the darkness, he was still sleep in the tower with his body there...I hope I'm not misunderstanding you. But that's a good point. The cutscenes there did show Sora's older model...but there's the question: How did his body get there?
This game is slightly confusing. *yay time travel*

Awards
I don't think they travel with their bodies. When Sora's heart was lost in the darkness, he was still sleep in the tower with his body there...I hope I'm not misunderstanding you. But that's a good point. The cutscenes there did show Sora's older model...but there's the question: How did his body get there?
Exactly how I feel xD but my point is that even if their consciousnesses were sent back in time, how is that supposed to fix worlds that need fixing post kh1 before the worlds were even restored. Time travel is a mind kupo

Blobbit

Awards

I thought that that part where Sora was in his KH2 clothes was just in his dream. The only part that was REAL was when Riku was trying to wake up Sora, right? But if that's true, and Riku and Sora are in the real TWTNW, then how are their bodies still at Mysterious Tower? I think I may need to rewatch the final scenes again.

Also something I didn't understand, is why did Yen Sid need to change Sora and Riku's clothes? I feel like I've read the explanation somewhere, but I forget.

iLeen

Awards
— In the latter half of The World That Never Was, despite returning to the real world, why do Sora and co. stay in that form and why do Dream Eaters appear etc?

Nomura: Sora and co.’s form is due to Yen Sid’s magic, so the way it works is that they can’t turn back until they return to the Mysterious Tower, and Dream Eaters were appearing because Sora was still asleep. Also, ever since Organisation XIII was defeated in KH2, the The World That Never Was’
existence as a world has become uncertain. In the first place, the worlds in the rift between darkness and light have different rules than other worlds. The Mysterious Tower isn’t always standing in a fixed place. Traverse Town too reforms its shape every time, which is why the version that appears in this title is clearly different than the version in KH1.
I think I interpreted this statement as Yen Sid transforming Sora's and Riku's bodies since Nomura uses the word "form," but I'm not so sure anymore, Probably meant their conscious form???? I'm so confused more than ever now.

Nomura should do another interview with more answer...a lot more answers...and no suggestion of imagination! Cause I have no imagination when it comes to all this time-travelingXD

Original Sin

I was under the impression that it wasn't Yen Sid who changed their clothes, but rather Xehanort. Sora and Riku just assumed it was Yen Sid.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
For starters, Sora and Riku's KH2 bodies could have been kept somewhere else in the tower, I doubt he would have left them in a bent over slump behind his chair like some pedophile for the whole duration of the test <_<

Also something I didn't understand, is why did Yen Sid need to change Sora and Riku's clothes? I feel like I've read the explanation somewhere, but I forget.

Remember that the point of this exam was so that they could learn how to wield the keyblade properly. Sora's KH2 clothes were imbued with the powers to change into the different forms a la Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, so Yensid had to ditch his clothes in order for him to start fresh and not be able to use those powers. Perhaps he took precautions for Riku as well, I'm not sure about him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I was under the impression that it wasn't Yen Sid who changed their clothes, but rather Xehanort. Sora and Riku just assumed it was Yen Sid.

Nope, it was Yen Sid, confirmed in the Ultimania and Famitsu interview:

Ultimania said:
— In the latter half of The World That Never Was, despite returning to the real world, why do Sora and co. stay in that form and why do Dream Eaters appear etc?
Nomura: Sora and co.’s form is due to Yen Sid’s magic, so the way it works is that they can’t turn back until they return to the Mysterious Tower, and Dream Eaters were appearing because Sora was still asleep. Also, ever since Organisation XIII was defeated in KH2, the The World That Never Was’
existence as a world has become uncertain. In the first place, the worlds in the rift between darkness and light have different rules than other worlds. The Mysterious Tower isn’t always standing in a fixed place. Traverse Town too reforms its shape every time, which is why the version that appears in this title is clearly different than the version in KH1.

Famitsu said:
— When both of them are in the reality parts, they don’t return to their original bodies. Why is that?
Nomura: It’s because of Yen Sid’s magic that they’ve taken their old forms. If they didn’t return to Yen Sid’s place, their bodies wouldn’t return back to normal. Incidentally, their new outfits were thanks to Yen Sid’s magic as Sora suspected. Only “the mark of heresy” was added by Organization XIII.

It also answers that it were indeed Sora's and Riku's bodies that were shaped, as seen in the second answer in the bolded part.

Youniquee

Awards

That makes me wonder how the heck Xehanort placed the damn 'X' on there that used to track him. I assumed he changed the clothing and put it on there (that makes more sense, right?)
And so their bodies DID go with them, not just their minds? :s

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That makes me wonder how the heck Xehanort placed the damn 'X' on there that used to track him. I assumed he changed the clothing and put it on there (that makes more sense, right?)

How Xehanort did it is not explained, but it is made clear that the clothing change came from Yen Sid, not from Xehanort. The only thing added by Xehanort was the silver "X" on Sora's chest, anything else was Yen Sid's doing as confirmed by the Ultimania.
Going by what is written there it seems that way, which is also more logical since the events in the World that never was (at least on Riku's side and the very first cutscene on Sora's where he talks with Xigbar) take place in the real world, not in the Realm of Sleep.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Simple, remember the brown robed figure (ASOD/Xehanort's bodiless heart)?

The moment they opened the first Keyhole (Destiny Islands), the moment Sora was tracked with the sigil.

In theory, would you walk around with a sigil on your chest?

Blobbit

Awards

It also answers that it were indeed Sora's and Riku's bodies that were shaped, as seen in the second answer in the bolded part.

Sort of off topic, but is there a link to the Famitsu interview?

Awards
The reason that they appear in their KH1 clothes is because of Yensid and the Realm of Sleep. The island is not in the past. They went to the Realm of Sleep where a piece of the island was still sleeping. Coincidentally, that part was when it was destroyed. Its kinda like how past versions of Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Minnie, and Pete are in Symphony of Sorcery and Country of Musketeers and how past versions of Pinnochio, Geppetto, and Jiminy are in Prankster's Paradise. They are all a part of those worlds and their past, but the worlds were destroyed by darkness then brought back at the end of KH1, but some went into a deep sleep. All the people that were present on those worlds have appeared in the series because the dreams of those sleeping worlds were set in the past. The people weren't present on those worlds when they were destroyed. Actually, Jiminy, Pinnochio, Monstro, and Geppetto probably were on there own world, but got blasted off when it was destroyed which explains why Pinnochio was in Traverse Town, Jiminy at Disney Castle, Geppetto in Monstro, and Monstro "swam" the Gummi Routes between Agrabah, Atlantica, and Halloween Town.

Awards
I understand that, but I think your idea about the islands is incorrect. I mean, in game, Xigbar tells Sora that he time traveled. I don't really understand how this thread became about their appearance, but meh. Oh well I guess.

ShailsTDSPT

I understand that, but I think your idea about the islands is incorrect. I mean, in game, Xigbar tells Sora that he time traveled. I don't really understand how this thread became about their appearance, but meh. Oh well I guess.

I think he didn't mean time traveling in a literal way. Only logical explanation but then again, Nomura makes the ilogical seem logical and vice-versa.

Key Wielder

Awards

I'm not so sure he wasn't lying about that, or being entirely honest at the very least. He also told Sora that he was asleep when he arrived at TWTNW, but he was in the real world again and they put him back to sleep afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back