• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► Huge potential plot hole

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Curiosity1031

Awards
So I’m new around here. My name is Mike. But you can call me Curiosity1031. I actually have thought of a huge thing almost no one has mentioned. Be warned… there are spoilers in my thought process. So for those of us who have played both DR and KH3.. Ephemer was Xehanort’s Great-great-grandfather. He also appeared to Sora in a spiritual form during the “Light from the past” part of the final battle in 3. My question may be something no one else has thought about… why would Ephemer help Sora defeat his great great grandson? Did he know that he had the best of intentions in wanting to find balance but went about it in such a messed up way? Or was there something else? Did I miss something?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Hi Mike! Welcome to the forums!

The only comment the devs ever made about that scene was that the main KH team and the UX team wanted to collaborate, and that was the result. I don't think they meant for us to really look into it, but you're free to entertain any ideas. Perhaps they'll expand on it and give a proper explanation in the future.

Last edited:

LoneFox

Awards
Wouldn't you take action aganist a relative who is doing something obviously wrong and illegal? Also, the Ephemer scene in KH3 is mostly an advertisement for UX, so don't give it too much value.

BTW, you are missing a couple of greats there. Xehanort is the seventh generation counting from Ephemer: the Missing-Link folks are four generations after him (this comes from Nomura himself), and then two more to Xehanort (from the idea that Brain is Eraqus's grandfather, and the Player's age at the end also matches this). The great-great-grandfather would be Ephemer's grandson and presumably the Player's mentor in Missing-Link.

Chie

Awards
Why would this change Ephemer's actions at all. why would you think this is a plot hole

Back