• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Huge Xemnas Theory, Including Why He didn't use a Keyblade (spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Nomura has said in an interview that Xemnas MAY have been able to use a Keyblade but chose not to. Here's my theory about how that could be true.

300px-Xemnas_Days.png

SPOILERS AHEAD

Let's start by defining who Xemnas is. He's Terra's body and soul. TERRA'S. In other words, although he's the Nobody of apprentice Xehanort, he has none of the elements that make his existence.

Now what does lacking a heart do? It deprives you of emotions. And Xemnas is definitely emotionless. Which is why he is able to do such cruel things and turn people into Heartless to achieve his goal of completing Kingdom Hearts.

That brings up another question: what was Xemnas trying to achieve. Here are the hints we've heard in the series so far:

*Xemnas said he was creating a brand new world.

*Xemnas in his secret report said he must become a "higher existence" (I'll discuss this later)

*Xion said he couldn't have Kingdom Hearts but never said why. She just said he couldn't have his way. For all we know, she may have just hated him to the bone for making her and didn't want him to have his way.

So in other words, everyone just ASSUMED he wanted world domination. But did he really?

Let's look at a quote from the secret report he wrote:

I must become one with Kingdom Hearts. I will become a higher existence. All of my true ambitions begin there.
What's a higher existence? Well, what's an EXISTENCE?

Complete Existence = Heart, Body, and Soul

Incomplete Existence = Body and Soul, or just Heart.

Xemnas is an incomplete, or lower, if you will, existence. He wants to become a HIGHER existence. He wants to be COMPLETE.

So why was everyone worried he wanted to destroy the world or something? Well, because he wanted Kingdom Hearts, and with that power he COULD.

But why DID he want Kingdom Hearts? Is there more to it than just being complete? There is actually.

Xemnas is, again, TERRA'S body and soul. It is very possible that the mind is a part of the soul. Think about it. Heartless are just corrupted hearts and have no minds of their own. Nobodies, however, are able to THINK and PLAN. Because they DO have minds due to having both a body and a SOUL.

So Xemnas, since he has Terra's mind, thinks like Terra. And all Terra wants is to be with Aqua and Ven again. This is why he called Aqua's armor "friend". But Xemnas doesn't know how to find them, so he needs the power of Kingdom Hearts, the greatest power in the world, to help him do that. He IS creating a brand new world: a world where he, Aqua, and Ven can finally be together.

Let's sum up why he wants Kingdom Hearts:
*To gain a heart of his own
*To be able to track down Aqua and Ven (Kingdom Hearts is capable of changing the world; surely it could locate two people).
*To be able to peacefully be with Aqua and Ven

Thus, Xemnas spends his life searching for Keyblade wielders who can collect hearts to form Kingdom Hearts.

But, if Xemnas could wield the Keyblade, as Nomura has hinted, then why DIDN'T he? And if the Lingering Sentiment, merely the armor of Terra, could wield one, why couldn't he? Why not just use it himself to accelerate the process of completing KH and reuniting with Aqua and Ven?

As of now I cannot think of an answer as to why. I'll try to soon though.

Thank you for your time. There are tons of counter arguments to the points I've made, and I'll be happy to discuss.

At least consider this though. I'm certain that there's more to Xemnas than meets the eye.

Besides, doesn't anyone else find it strange how Terra said "Whatever the cost I'm ready to pay it" to MX?

Note: This theory has been updated in light of recent evidence.

Last edited:

LadyScythe

in a chair wrapped in thee most comfy blanket ever
Website
www.youtube.com
Nomura has said in an interview that Xemnas MAY have been able to use a Keyblade but chose not to. Here's my theory about how that could be true.

300px-Xemnas_Days.png

SPOILERS AHEAD

Let's start by defining who Xemnas is. He's Terra's body and soul. TERRA'S. In other words, although he's the Nobody of apprentice Xehanort, he has none of the elements that make his existence.

Now what does lacking a heart do? It deprives you of emotions. And Xemnas is definitely emotionless. Which is why he is able to do such cruel things and turn people into Heartless to achieve his goal of completing Kingdom Hearts.

That brings up another question: what was Xemnas trying to achieve. Here are the hints we've heard in the series so far:

*Xemnas said he was creating a brand new world.

*Xemnas in his secret report said he must become a "higher existence" (I'll discuss this later)

*Xion said he couldn't have Kingdom Hearts but never said why. She just said he couldn't have his way. For all we know, she may have just hated him to the bone for making her and didn't want him to have his way.

So in other words, everyone just ASSUMED he wanted world domination. But did he really?

Let's look at a quote from the secret report he wrote:

Xemnas is an incomplete, or lower, if you will, existence. He wants to become a HIGHER existence. He wants to be COMPLETE.

So why was everyone worried he wanted to destroy the world or something? Well, because he wanted Kingdom Hearts, and with that power he COULD.

But why DID he want Kingdom Hearts? Is there more to it than just being complete? There is actually.

Xemnas is, again, TERRA'S body and soul. It is very possible that the mind is a part of the soul. Think about it. Heartless are just corrupted hearts and have no minds of their own. Nobodies, however, are able to THINK and PLAN. Because they DO have minds due to having both a body and a SOUL.

So Xemnas, since he has Terra's mind, thinks like Terra. And all Terra wants is to be with Aqua and Ven again. This is why he called Aqua's armor "friend". But Xemnas doesn't know how to find them, so he needs the power of Kingdom Hearts, the greatest power in the world, to help him do that. He IS creating a brand new world: a world where he, Aqua, and Ven can finally be together.

Let's sum up why he wants Kingdom Hearts:
*To gain a heart of his own
*To be able to track down Aqua and Ven (Kingdom Hearts is capable of changing the world; surely it could locate two people).
*To be able to peacefully be with Aqua and Ven

Thus, Xemnas spends his life searching for Keyblade wielders who can collect hearts to form Kingdom Hearts.

But, if Xemnas could wield the Keyblade, as Nomura has hinted, then why DIDN'T he.

Well, think about what Keyblades are. Here's how Master Xehanort, who spent decades studying them, said:

In other words, Keyblades are counterparts to Hearts. They are LIKE hearts. They too give emotions and personalities to an extent. And Nobodies seem to be able to use the Keyblades of their former selves ONLY (Roxas used Sora's, and he dual wielded probably because of Ven it seems).

So, if Xemnas uses Master Xehanort's Keyblade, he'll gradually turn into him. He doesn't want that. That would ruin everything.

So why not use Terra's Keyblade? Well, Terra's Keyblade, for some strange reason, can't be summoned, as if someone else has it...

300px-Terra-Armor.jpg

Thus, Xemnas chooses not to use MX's Keyblade, the only Keyblade available to him.

Then why didn't Xemnas just use Eraqus's Keyblade? Wasn't he part of Terra's heart when it turned into a Heartless?

Well, for one thing, the Eraqus sentiment might be canon for all we know and could be currently holding on to it like LS is. And besides that, we don't know if ALL three hearts formed Ansem SOD or if only some of Terranort's hearts formed him.

Thank you for your time. There are tons of counter arguments to the points I've made, and I'll be happy to discuss.

At least consider this though. I'm certain that there's more to Xemnas than meets the eye.

It's an interesting thoery,

Terra did say to MX, He do "ANYTHING" for his goals which would be, Aqua, Ven and ME

Well dont forget He also had Aqua's keyblade, but he locked it away with her armor. i mean he could have used it at one point. he opened the door to Radient Garden some how and he other 5 apprentices released thier hearts somehow.

they couldnt do that without a keyblade.

K3ybladespartan

Then why didn't Xemnas just use Eraqus's Keyblade? Wasn't he part of Terra's heart when it turned into a Heartless? Well said:
Doesn't Aqua have Eraqus's Keyblade? Also I like the theory, it makes sense.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Doesn't Aqua have Eraqus's Keyblade? Also I like the theory, it makes sense.

O_O

Thank you! You helped me put the missing piece in the puzzle.

I'm glad you like it. I tried to make it seem sensible.

Well dont forget He also had Aqua's keyblade, but he locked it away with her armor. i mean he could have used it at one point. he opned the door to Radient Garden some how and he other 5 apprentices released thier hearts somehow.

Exactly. I'm starting to wonder if most people can only be chosen by a few Keyblades at the most though. Maybe Aqua's Keyblade refused to be wielded by anyone but Aqua.

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com
O_O

Exactly. I'm starting to wonder if most people can only be chosen by a few Keyblades at the most though. Maybe Aqua's Keyblade refused to be wielded by anyone but Aqua.

Or maybe, like i said in that prior conversation, maybe the Terra in Xemnas felt some shame about it. because Xemnas can be a villian one moment then someone you just pity.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That is the most genius and not random fan theory ever. You are truly a genius. And LadyScythe, the video in your signature had the date of my 17th birthday next to it. The day i got BbS.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Xemnas wanting to be a "higher existance" =/= being complete. It's more align with what MX says in his reports that if someone gets Kingdom Hearts they become superhuman. Xemnas didn't want to be complete, he wanted to be -MORE- than complete.

In other words, Keyblades are counterparts to Hearts. They are LIKE hearts. They too give emotions and personalities to an extent.
That's horrendously baseless. There is nothing saying a Keyblade is like a heart, or that it gives emotions and personalities.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Xemnas wanting to be a "higher existance" =/= being complete. It's more align with what MX says in his reports that if someone gets Kingdom Hearts they become superhuman. Xemnas didn't want to be complete, he wanted to be -MORE- than complete.

That's horrendously baseless. There is nothing saying a Keyblade is like a heart, or that it gives emotions and personalities.

The definition of "higher existence" could go either way really. And if he did want to be more than that, he could still be trying to achieve those same goals.

As for the Keyblade issue...if Roxas did NOT have Ven's heart, which is possible, then why did he have emotions unlike other Nobodies? Furthermore, why did Xion have emotions? Did she have a heart? Not necessarily.

I think that the Keyblades literally GIVE its users emotions. Think about it. Initially, Xion and Roxas had no personality, even after they had gotten used to being part of the organization. But the more they used the Keyblade, the more emotions they gained. The more Roxas and Xion used Sora's Keyblade, the more like Sora they became. And they are VERY similar to Sora.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
No Chasespicers, the keyblade doesn't give you emotions -.-

That is why there is a heart, and no they aren't the same thing.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I like the theory itself, but isn't there a semi-contradiction in the fact that Xemnas has no emotions but wants to be with his friends?

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
That is the most genius and not random fan theory ever. You are truly a genius.

Trust me I'm not. But thanks for the compliment.

No Chasespicers, the keyblade doesn't give you emotions -.-

That is why there is a heart, and no they aren't the same thing.

Look at the Nobody argument I made above. Why else do Xion and Roxas, neither of whom are confirmed to have hearts, have emotions? Why do they become more and more like Sora as time goes on?

Besides, MX calls them counterparts. Here's a definition of a counterpart from dictionary.com:

a person or thing closely resembling another

So it's LIKE a heart, but it's not a heart.

I like the theory itself, but isn't there a semi-contradiction in the fact that Xemnas has no emotions but wants to be with his friends?

That part is tough to figure out. Here's the distinction I make: the distinction between desire and feelings.

If you have no emotions, you can still WANT something. You can still DESIRE something. The members of Organization 13 DESIRE hearts.

Thus, although he feels no emotion toward them, Xemnas desires to be with Ven and Aqua.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
The definition of "higher existence" could go either way really.
Not really. MX's report was a direct comment on what Xemnas wanted. He wanted to be more than human.

As for the Keyblade issue...if Roxas did NOT have Ven's heart, which is possible, then why did he have emotions unlike other Nobodies?
Because he DOES have Ven's heart. That's all there is to it.

I think that the Keyblades literally GIVE its users emotions.
It doesn't. Nothing in the world has shown that.

Think about it. Initially, Xion and Roxas had no personality, even after they had gotten used to being part of the organization. But the more they used the Keyblade, the more emotions they gained. The more Roxas and Xion used Sora's Keyblade, the more like Sora they became. And they are VERY similar to Sora.
That has nothing to do with the Keyblade, really. Ventus was like that too when he lost his memories, and it took Terra acting like a brother to him for him to snap out of it. It was about building up new memories to sustain themselves as well as connections to other people. This is why Roxas attributes the first thing he really remembers as Xion entering the Org. It had nothing to do with the Keyblade.

LadyScythe

Website
www.youtube.com
O_O

I'm not to sure on that

Aqua was able to use ME's keyblade for 10 years without a problem, why couldnt Terranort use her's then he had the ability, he didnt lose it, they made it look like he forgot but then his powers started coming back to him. it's questionable.

and then you have days, where Sora(a sleep at the time), Roxas and Xion are in a power struggle over a keyblade, but in the end it 'wakes up' Ven's keyblade? i think somethings missing on that end

[

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Not really. MX's report was a direct comment on what Xemnas wanted. He wanted to be more than human.

Because he DOES have Ven's heart. That's all there is to it.

It doesn't. Nothing in the world has shown that.

That has nothing to do with the Keyblade, really. Ventus was like that too when he lost his memories, and it took Terra acting like a brother to him for him to snap out of it. It was about building up new memories to sustain themselves as well as connections to other people. This is why Roxas attributes the first thing he really remembers as Xion entering the Org. It had nothing to do with the Keyblade.

That part of the Xehanort report doesn't necessarily mean Xemnas wanted to be superhuman. It could have just been foreshadowing that eventually Sora and Xehanort might enter Kingdom Hearts and fight as superhumans or whatever this higher existence is.

Xemnas may not have been referring to THAT as the higher existence.

Okay, again the definition of a counterpart:

a person or thing closely resembling another
Keyblades are LIKE hearts, but they are NOT hearts. And since you're quoting MX, I'm sure you trust his judgment about this as well. He did call them counterparts in his report.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
You're using the wrong definition of counterpart. This is the one they use:

-Either of two parts that fit together, or complement one another

Keyblades are man-made creations that complement Kingdom Hearts. It's not saying Keyblades are -like- hearts, it's saying that Keyblades complement Kingdom Hearts. That is to say, they work together.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
You're using the wrong definition of counterpart. This is the one they use:

-Either of two parts that fit together, or complement one another

Keyblades are man-made creations that complement Kingdom Hearts. It's not saying Keyblades are -like- hearts, it's saying that Keyblades complement Kingdom Hearts. That is to say, they work together.

Although I understand this perspective, I personally don't think he just meant that. I think he was suggesting that Keyblades are literally like hearts.

The truth is that you could be right. Roxas could have Ven's heart, and that could give him and Xion emotions.

However, since Xemnas conciously chose NOT to use the Keyblade for some reason, and since all the other evidence I've found acts as a counterpart (your definition of course) to that point of my theory, I'm standing by my theory.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Although I understand this perspective, I personally don't think he just meant that. I think he was suggesting that Keyblades are literally like hearts.
He's truly not. Translations of the Japanese reports have it more to how I said it than to how you're misinterpreting it.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
He's truly not. Translations of the Japanese reports have it more to how I said it than to how you're misinterpreting it.

I wasn't aware of that. Though considering Nomura said that the English version was intended for easier story understanding, I'm inclined to think that he may have wanted it translated this way.

To be honest, we really don't know what some of these phrases in the report mean. Like when Xehanort said those who join with Kingdom Hearts become something "beyond human", what did he mean? Invincibility? Immorality? A fourth element in addition to body, soul, and heart? All of the above?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back