• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Huge Xemnas Theory, Including Why He didn't use a Keyblade (spoilers)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
Personally, that always seemed the most logical to me, and it even has basis being that, in the beginning of KH2, Roxas couldn't summon the Keyblade because he couldn't remember ever summoning it (he had to go through a new awakening). That always made the most sense to me as for why Xemnas wouldn't be able to wield, but, it kind of seems like there might be more to it. I'd be satisfied with that being the answer.

Also, on the topic of Nomura's comment on Roxas having Ven's heart, this kind of says enough:

In the end Roxas is able to use two Keyblades. Is this because he now has Xion’s?
NOMURA: Well, it isn’t that Roxas has physically inherited Xion’s keyblade, but more that Xion has awakened one within Roxas. [...] At the present I can’t say more than that, since it would go into whether or not Roxas has a heart.

Translation: Roxas has Ven's heart and Xion awoke his Keyblade inside Roxas.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Maybe Xemnas didn't use a keyblade because he couldn't recall his memories, the amnesia he had while as Terranort?

SoraKing3

Banned
Lol, it's Word War I on this thread.

Anyways, I agree with this Xemnas theory. I never really viewed him as evil, I viewed him as a person longing for something, or someone.
I also want to add a tidbit of a question idea here. After merging with KH (and having a lot of KH's power) and being defeated, could this be the result of No Heart's creation?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
I never really viewed him as evil, I viewed him as a person longing for something, or someone.
Technically, without a heart, he shouldn't be able to long for anything.

I also want to add a tidbit of a question idea here. After merging with KH (and having a lot of KH's power) and being defeated, could this be the result of No Heart's creation?
No Heart is just a non-canon boss fight, don't worry too much about it.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Technically, without a heart, he shouldn't be able to long for anything.

See, THAT would make sense. But I think that in the KH universe, wanting something or desiring something does not express emotion.

I mean, all the Org members desire to have hearts and be complete, yet they have no emotions. So since desire itself isn't really considered an emotion like compassion or hatred is, the Nobodies can in fact have it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
See, THAT would make sense. But I think that in the KH universe, wanting something or desiring something does not express emotion.

I mean, all the Org members desire to have hearts and be complete, yet they have no emotions. So since desire itself isn't really considered an emotion like compassion or hatred is, the Nobodies can in fact have it.
Or, they simply 'know" they should desire hearts, so they act like they do. It doesn't mean they actually -feel- that desire or longing, just that they know it should be there.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Good theory. I'm going to look further into this when I play BBS FM :)

Thanks!

There are a few holes in it, but I think there are still concepts you can take from it.

Personally, that always seemed the most logical to me, and it even has basis being that, in the beginning of KH2, Roxas couldn't summon the Keyblade because he couldn't remember ever summoning it (he had to go through a new awakening). That always made the most sense to me as for why Xemnas wouldn't be able to wield, but, it kind of seems like there might be more to it. I'd be satisfied with that being the answer.

But the way Nomura said it made it sound as if Xemnas was fully capable of summoning the weapon at any moment yet willingly and consciously chose not to use it.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
But the way Nomura said it made it sound as if Xemnas was fully capable of summoning the weapon at any moment yet willingly and consciously chose not to use it.
Well, actually, the extent of Nomura's comment on the matter was basically just "I don't want to say'.

Light

faster than
Awards
I think that this might be why. He released his heart from his body to Terra right. Then Terranort is formed and uses MX keyblade. Maybe this is why Xemnas can't use a keyblade. I don't know but that might be why.

Crystal

Silver Member
I think that this might be why. He released his heart from his body to Terra right. Then Terranort is formed and uses MX keyblade. Maybe this is why Xemnas can't use a keyblade. I don't know but that might be why.

But Xemnas is part of Terranort right? I mean Apprentice Xehanort.

Ulicies

Holy shit. I just have to say that Kingdom Hearts is one freaking complicated series. Which is why I love it so much ^_^

Chase, I love your theory! Perhaps I shouldn't have delved too far into these conversations before beating BBS (I'm still on Aqua's storyline), but I'm still eager to find out about these hints and clues first-hand that are scattered throughout the games. That's why I love playing all of them. I'm thinking of getting Re:Coded, but other than the end scene with finding out about the letter in the bottle, is there any real canon to discover from playing the game?

EDIT: Oh and Heartseam, I totally sympathize with you. I have a brother who's EXACTLY like you, so I know where you're coming from. You really don't mean any offense personally toward these guys; you're only taking the fight to the theories themselves.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I'm thinking of getting Re:Coded, but other than the end scene with finding out about the letter in the bottle, is there any real canon to discover from playing the game?

Actually there is...nearly all cutscenes taking place in Disney Castle between Mickey, Donald, Goofy and Jiminy are holding some hints, the conversations with Data Riku a.k.a the Journal are very enlightening as well and it gives new information on Maleficent and Pete, Sora's heartless and actually glimpses on one of the main tasks that will have to be done in KH III, starting with the last world of Coded and the "real" final boss.
Anything more would be spoilers though...;)

Ven-Dono

Website
naruto-chronicles.net
Apparently, it's not well known - or just incorrect. Read up to page 7, but wasn't it confirmed by Nomura a long ass time ago that one of the conditions for wielding a keyblade is a strong heart? I forget which interview that was, but I'm pretty sure it came out after KH2's release. If one does not have a heart - forget "strong heart" for a second, one can't wield. Roxas had a heart; he could wield. Xion had a fake heart; she had a fake keyblade. Xemnas did not have a heart; he had no keyblade. Iuno, someone correct me maybe?

EDIT: Or is it the general opinion that Xemnas does have a heart? Because that's ridiculous to me.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Apparently, it's not well known - or just incorrect. Read up to page 7, but wasn't it confirmed by Nomura a long ass time ago that one of the conditions for wielding a keyblade is a strong heart? I forget which interview that was, but I'm pretty sure it came out after KH2's release.

You're thinking of this:

VI - Could you please give an explanation for the new keyblade "Way to the Dawn" that Riku obtained and the keyblade Kairi has as well as what the conditions for using a keyblade are?

There isn't necessarily one keyblade for the dark side and one for the light side, just as many as there exist people with qualified hearts. Concerning the conditions to wield one, at this stage, "Those with strong hearts" is the only obvious one. However, less obvious conditions still exist and there are still plans for an opportunity to reveal those. Riku's "Way to the Dawn" and Kairi's keyblade are naturally the same type of keyblade as Sora's. However there is no particular explanation for the Soul Eater's transfer and occurrence, as well as Riku's handing it to Kairi. When there isn't a normal process of acquisition, I think its ok to think there is some deeper meaning there.

Or is it the general opinion that Xemnas does have a heart? Because that's ridiculous to me.

Well, it's a possibility...Not a really good one, but it's there. There's also the possibility that Xehanort's heart resonated within Xemnas, much like how Sora's heart resonated within Roxas. I mean, how else could he have wielded Sora's keyblade and dual-wield with only one heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back