• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hurricane Sandy is haunting the East Coast

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
It's been raining here for a bit. I don't think it's going to be as bad as everyone has said. No school tomorrow though~

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Considering I live in Texas and have to deal with a hurricane every 1-2 years that threatens to destroy our landscape and economy it's about time you diddlyers got a big one coming too.

Some friends and I commented on this earlier. Those fuckers won't joke about Katrina anymore now, will they? Lol but yeah, I'm in Houston, and I feel like the east coast is just getting a taste of what people in the gulf go through just about every year.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
Last year Irene threatened to destroy the east coast but fell short... This one will probably be now different... Normally in New York our biggest problem is more towards How much snow we are gonna get or, Why the hell MTA keeps raising the price of transit every 6 months....

D

Deleted member 36435

I got two days off from class, probably not gonna be too bad by the time it gets to me.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Working for an airline, this hurricane has cause more than 1,200 cancelled flights. (on JetBlue only) Since Friday I've worked nearly 50 hours. I have 15hrs to work today and each day up until Thursday. Sandy has displaced so many people, all airlines have been forced to cancel flights for the next 3 days until Wensday around the Northeast coast (from Washington DC up to Boston Logan). This sucks, I'm not getting affected physically. But it's just awfully sad to see how this storm has caused alot of people to get stranded. I'm amazed to see how people are reacting, customers are being super patient and understanding it blows me away I haven't gotten someone that has yelled at me yet lol. But still, getting stuck somewhere for 4+ days is definately not an ideal place to be and from the sounds of it and the weather forecasts. It's gonna be bad, especially on Monday afternoon. I love to help people out, but it breaks my heart when I have to tell people "I won't be able to get you out until Friday/Saturday" when they were supposed to come back home on Monday. But we have to do what we have to do to get people home safely!

ugh. I'm too emotionally involved with my job, I hate that sometimes.
My fingers are crossed and my prayers are in. Hopefully mother nature decides for Sandy to not be as bad as be anticipate it to be!

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
It's been raining here everyday but we're not supposed to get the brunt of it until Tuesday.

Zul

Awards
Winds are picking up where I am now(VA), power will probably go out for a few days. Hopefully my neighborhood won't be dealing with flood damage, since were' high up. Main problem is that there are "tons" of trees around here, we usually get the worst of the power outages.

Still, my family has a strong support system, they don't mind taking us in if we run out of juice here.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
HOW DOES HAVING THE ACTUAL EARTH MOVE BENEATH YOU FEEL?

popular misconception. earthquakes don't actually happen that frequently in california and when they do, they're usually pretty harmless considering you get to used to them after a few times. tho i've seen people who are just visiting freak the fuck out at the smallest eq like it's the end of the world so

D

Deleted member 36435

and hurricanes don't actually happen all that often anywhere else on the planet mr. tectonic plate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back