• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hypothetical situation: COM 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Soldier

Awards
Hello,

So this idea dawned on me a while back, and I have yet to actively discuss this with the forum. Let's say in a hypothetical situation that following the events of KH 2, Sora ends up in Castle Oblivion (or a similar place that revolves around the card system) where he must once again rely on cards to fight and explore worlds, this time being the KH 2 lineup. Now of course in keeping with Chain of Memories setup, everything he sees and experiences is a mere fabrication, the Disney worlds are not intertwined with the plot and have moral themes to them (I.E atlantica is about telling the truth, Halloween Town deals with true memories, etc.). So in this case, what would be the themes that the worlds would follow, BEARING IN MIND that everything within the worlds is self contained unless it is overtly expressed that a character appears in that world (an example of what I mean is Auron, he appears in Olympus and thus can be incorporated into the storyline, Pete cannot as he is considered an integral part to the overarching plot of the game). And remember, this is mere conjecture, none of this has any fragment of actually occuring and is just a fun little creative exercise.

I'll start:
Atlantica: Main theme: prejudice.
Well, combat is a no go as this is now a musical world (oh joy). I'd imagine it'd be a minigame based world akin to 100 acre wood in COM. and in keeping with COM's interpretation of the world, Sora and co. don't change form and are able to walk around as they normally would, but every other denizen of the sea would swim as they normally would. Sora and co. would run into Ariel in the beginning observing prince eric from the shore. Because this would be a Atlantica with established human characters in it, Ariel would be wary of Sora and co who would have to chase her around in a minigame of sorts for the key of beginnings. After catching up to her, we get the exposition version of the Disney film and then king triton appears, disappointed that his daughter is in love with a human. In key of guidance, Sora and co journey with Ariel to meet Ursula, and the leg transformation scene occurs. Key to the truth would involve Triton watching Eric and Ariel having a good time, and gradually accepting that not all humans are bad, erasing his preconcieved prejudices. There is no Ursula fight, it's pretty hard to justify it in a world that doesn't have combat.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
The only ones I can think of are:

Pride Lands - Not running from your problems and having the courage to face your fears - They could probably somehow relate this message to what Sora said in the first game:

Sora: “ Sometimes the heart may be weak, sometimes it may even give in, but I know deep down there’s a light that never goes out”.

Land of Dragons- would probably focus around the desire to protect those that you care about - Them probably talking about the strength of Mulan’s heart and how it gave her the courage to be able to protect those she cares about.

Port Royal - Greed and selfish desires - Talking about how the Pirates gave into the Darkness in their heart and let it consume them.

Beast Castle - Hate and anger - Not giving into the Darkness in one’s heart and they would probably talk about how the Beast was almost consumed by it. Although they would probably add a line in about how the strong light in Belle’s heart was able to help save him from the Darkness.

Last edited:

WaltK

Awards
Timeless River could be about not constantly living in the past (with it being the only world where present day Pete shows up, like how Hollow Bastion was the only world where Maleficent showed up in CoM 1).

Agrabah could be about forgiveness, with the Iago stuff.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Does it have to be Sora? With Aqua as the new lord of the castle, it would make a good opportunity for a Kairi game where the memory worlds are her training. Thanks to MoM, she's now got memories of Sora's and others' journeys to pull from.

Soldier

Awards
Does it have to be Sora? With Aqua as the new lord of the castle, it would make a good opportunity for a Kairi game where the memory worlds are her training. Thanks to MoM, she's now got memories of Sora's and others' journeys to pull from.
That didn't cross my mind, interesting. It would certainly branch out into interesting stories from there.

Sean Wheeler

Awards
Kairi and Aqua could have their own Reverse/Rebirth mode like Riku from the original COM.

Back