• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I bet BbSv2 will be at E3

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
So a little while ago, when some people were saying that we probably wouldn't get anything for KH at E3, I remembered this little tidbit:

E3 Famitsu Nomura Interview Translated : HEARTSTATION.ORG

Nomura said:
Our goals behind coming to E3 this time wasn’t just for the announcements, but also in order to have some business meetings. We plan to go to E3 again next year, and there are still some hidden treasures.

Nomura is showing up at E3 2011. Considering that he said this in a KH interview, I figured we would be getting something new for KH at E3.
But just because KH3D has now been confirmed doesn't mean that BbSv2 won't show.

When I was trying to find that quote again, I actually found this:

Nomura Interview Reveals KH3D Details and New Title! : HEARTSTATION.ORG

Nomura was originally hoping to announce 2 new titles at E3, one other than Kingdom Hearts 3D, but due to business plannings they were unable to.

Bear in mind that this second title was not Re:coded, which had already been announced (even for an English release) prior to E3 2010.

So, put two and two together.
There was a second presumably Kingdom Hearts title that they didn't announce at E3 2010 but had planned to. And Nomura is showing up at E3 2011. The last time he did this, KH3D was announced. I would say it's not only plausible but likely that BbSv2 will be announced at E3 2011, as the "hidden treasure" that he mentioned.

Consider this interview released in February 2010 in the BbS Ultimania:
Now that Birth by Sleep is complete, we’re interested in the future titles to come in the Kingdom Hearts series…
Nomura: Kingdom Hearts III can’t be started if the goals for Final Fantasy Versus XIII are not concluded, however development of the next title(s) in the series has already begun. There’s one I plan to release within the year. After that, there’s another one I’m thinking I want to release from next year onwards, and I think there will be more than one main character again. By the way, the scene “Blank Points” in Birth by Sleep in which Sora ends up setting off on his journey is planned to connect to Kingdom Hearts III.

-- In about two years we'll hit the 10 year anniversary. So how about KH3?

Nomura: No no, that's still a secret (laughs). The title with a connection to the mystery series that I mentioned before will come out first.

The game Nomura is talking about in the bolded sections is NOT KH3D.
He says so himself, a year later, in the Re:coded Ultimania:

When we were discussing in the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Ultimania, you mentioned that there were 2 new Kingdom Hearts titles other than Kingdom Hearts III coming up. One coming out in 2010, and one more being announced in 2011. It seems the title releasing in 2010 was Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded, but what about the other one? Were you referring to Kingdom Hearts 3D or Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix?

Nomura: No, at the time of that interview I intended to hint toward a different project. However, focusing my energy on Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix comes first. Since a new Secret Episode is revealed in the Birth By Sleep Final Mix, I definitely want it to be seen. I think when you see it you’ll be excited for future developments.

So, what we gather from all this is that the mystery title is supposed to be announced in 2011. But there’s more...

Moreover 2012 will be the 10th anniversary for Kingdom Hearts, it seems that you are planning something.
Nomura: Yeah. Actually, the real reason I went to E3 this year was to speak with the chairman of Disney Interactive Studios. The things we discussed are confidential, but our discussion had everyone’s interests in mind. From within that conversation, I’m considering whether there was something about the 10th Anniversary that I could announce.
For the 10th anniversary there is talk of remaking the original Kingdom Hearts, what do you say to that?
Nomura: I recently had a some interest in making an HD remake, but right now there simply isn’t time to make it. Although, before Kingdom Hearts III releases, I do have to consider the notion that the series has become too long and that it’s difficult for any new players to enter it in the middle of the story.
In other words, Nomura had gone to E3 last year considering what he could announce about the 10th Anniversary special. Now, remember what I said earlier? It also said that Nomura had gone to E3 last year to potentially announce another game. Connect the dots. BbSv2 is likely the part of the 10th Anniversary that Nomura was going to announce (and will announce this year).
What makes BbSv2 so special? Because it isn’t a normal game, as we’ve seen from the trailer. Its time spans from the end of BbS all the way up until KH2. This is Nomura’s attempt to catch the player up before KH3 on the plot and to fill in any holes, tie up loose ends, and examine the “mysteries” of the series. It’s what Nomura was talking about in December 2009, when they were wrapping up production of BbS:
- A connection to Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: What to say…? The story thus far has extended too much; I think that it’d be good to bring it together plainly for a moment. Though I can’t speak about those developments.

Really, when you think about it, now's the time to announce it. The 10 year anniversary is next March. That's before E3 2012, even.

What say you? Convinced now that BbSv2 will show at E3? Or do you have something else in mind?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
i bet it will be announced an not mentioned again till 6 months later just ad 3d was to us

Awards
i bet it will be announced an not mentioned again till 6 months later just ad 3d was to us

KH3D had a tech demo.

They might not show a lot, but if they really are intending to release a game by the anniversary, they'll have just nine months to do it. So I would say that they've made substantial progress at this point.
Really, the trailer at the end of BbSFM looked to be more literal rather than conceptual. It was not like an ordinary secret ending with a vague setting but a bunch of specific scenes. These, I would wager, are actual scenes directly out of the game.

Maxyli138

This make sense. Well that was the best news I've heard in a while. I was kinda hoping the 10-year anniversary gift would be something else, but this is good too. Can't wait until E3.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
KH3D had a tech demo.

They might not show a lot, but if they really are intending to release a game by the anniversary, they'll have just nine months to do it. So I would say that they've made substantial progress at this point.
Really, the trailer at the end of BbSFM looked to be more literal rather than conceptual. It was not like an ordinary secret ending with a vague setting but a bunch of specific scenes. These, I would wager, are actual scenes directly out of the game.

since versus isnt doen i dont think they have strted on it

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I hope that you are right Grass. I really do. I just want BBSv2 to finally be official, like set in stone.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
I swear, I could kiss your feet right now.

Not really, but this is some good-ass news/speculation/evidence you've put together. I'm not even all that excited for BBS2 (anticipating 3D more), but the hype for the game will ramp up about 10 fold if we get word that it'll drop by March of next year. Maybe Square will pull an international release, like they're planning on doing with XIII-2 this year? Probably not, but a nigga can certainly dream.

Qiesamuel

So the conclusion is:
-its plausible we will get new trailer and release date on 2011 for KH 3D at E3 this year
-KH 3D will be released this year, maybe at the fourth quarter
-we will get confirmation for BBSv2 and might be new trailer
-later on TGS once again we will get final full trailer for KH 3D and second trailer for BBSv2 with release date on 2012
-BBSv2 will be our 10th anniversary and released on March 2012

Am i hoping too much?

snow_flake40

Awards
...Wow. This is just...wow. Sorry, my mind has been too blown by the awesomeness of it all to function properly. I hope all of this DOES happen so my hopes and dreams won't be dashed, but damn, that is some pretty conclusive evidence you got there. June can't come fast enough! (Too bad that my exams start on June 8th 'til 23rd, though... :C But that's another topic.)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Why do you have to tease me so, now I really can't wait for E3 anymore
I love you man (no homo)
16 days left till ultimate awesomeness

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
So the conclusion is:
-its plausible we will get new trailer and release date on 2011 for KH 3D at E3 this year
-KH 3D will be released this year, maybe at the fourth quarter
-we will get confirmation for BBSv2 and might be new trailer
-later on TGS once again we will get final full trailer for KH 3D and second trailer for BBSv2 with release date on 2012
-BBSv2 will be our 10th anniversary and released on March 2012

Am i hoping too much?
Yes you are. I wouldn't expect KH3D until 2013 personally. But ill be happy if I'm wrong.

sza392

it even makes more sense when you think about the bbsfm ending where everything rewinds - symbolizing that bbsv2 will recap from beginning to end

StVen

While reading this, I had Destati playing on background. It made it more epic. :D Good job on bringing things up together. I certainly hope so that it'll appear on E3. But we'll see, I don't fully expect it since expectations can lead to disappointment and I don't want that to happen lol. We'll see. We're only few weeks left. Time passes by too quickly for me which I consider a good thing lol

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
God Grass I love you. You've given me so much hope for E3<3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back