• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I CAN'T DRAW

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
BUT I DID SO ANYWAY. About a week ago I decided to just draw something and I had fun doing it. I'm not any good yet but maybe with more practice I can be??? I dunno but I did some quick sketches. The first few are on lined paper because I didn't think things through, but I bought a cheap sketch pad. Some of the drawings on the pad came out mega light, so I guess I gotta redouble the lines when I'm done. (right click+view image is your friend)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm really impressed by the Dr. Pepper, Hank Hill, Mii Faces, Random house, and Random Jazz you did the most! Those were my favorite ones in that particular order. I agree. The Villager from Animal Crossing is a little bit creepy in a funny way. lol. I actually thought the windmill looked cool. Your jiggly puff is a little bit too light, but looks cool from what I can make out of itQ My only suggestion is to try using a pen as an outline to make certain drawings stand out more, maybe? (I don't know, just take that with a grain of salt.) Regardless, you drew SO MUCH STUFF! That's so awesome! I didn't even imagine you'd draw this many things! And hey, the lmao hand got me to laugh. XD

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I'll give you a lot of credit or actually trying. Most people use the "I can't draw" thing as an excuse to not draw at all. Practice does improve your skills a lot, speaking from experience.

Shawty

Awards
Yes, you can draw! The most important thing about making art is to have fun with it. If you want to get better, just keep on drawing. Practice is key. Remember: art is not about the final product, it's about the journey. Keep it up!

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I'm not used to getting various comments on my creative threads, lmao.

I'm really impressed by the Dr. Pepper, Hank Hill, Mii Faces, Random house, and Random Jazz you did the most! Those were my favorite ones in that particular order. I agree. The Villager from Animal Crossing is a little bit creepy in a funny way. lol. I actually thought the windmill looked cool. Your jiggly puff is a little bit too light, but looks cool from what I can make out of itQ My only suggestion is to try using a pen as an outline to make certain drawings stand out more, maybe? (I don't know, just take that with a grain of salt.) Regardless, you drew SO MUCH STUFF! That's so awesome! I didn't even imagine you'd draw this many things! And hey, the lmao hand got me to laugh. XD

I'll probably either go over my stuff when pen when I'm done or just push harder on my pencil after the finished product. And since I don't have quality, I figured I'd go with quantity. :cool:
The Mii faces remind me of Sora and Kairi when they were little kids.
Ha! You're totally right, I see them too! XD

I'll give you a lot of credit or actually trying. Most people use the "I can't draw" thing as an excuse to not draw at all. Practice does improve your skills a lot, speaking from experience.

I have a few artist friends and they all say the same thing. "If you draw a little bit everyday, you'll get better. Even if you think you can only draw stick figures." I will practice my drawings and create the most beautiful stick figures you've ever seen~ I've been slacking though so I'm hoping to pick up a pencil today and restart my doodles.
At first, you don't succeed, try and try again.
Yes! Gotta keep trying, even if it's just for you!

Yes, you can draw! The most important thing about making art is to have fun with it. If you want to get better, just keep on drawing. Practice is key. Remember: art is not about the final product, it's about the journey. Keep it up!
No I can't; don't lie. :T Srs: I'm finding that it's actually really fun to just scribble. I know I'm not good or as comfortable with this as I am with my writings (I never practiced this before so why would I be?) but if I can laugh at my terrible Dr Pepper can and dopey faces while having fun making them, what else do I need? 8D

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
I can't wait to see your next drawing. You're right about continuing drawing, even if nobody else likes it. You're your own critic!

I haven't been keeping up with my stuff like I wanted to, but here's what I've done so far. I got a new sketch book (my old one kept ripping the pages out when I turned to a new page) but it's so thick I can't scan them properly without a pink outline. Oh well~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

In the KH forums there are members talking about a goatblade. I assume they mean Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) or something, but I still couldn't help but think of a goat-keyblade.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here's the failed prototype. I didn't plan at all for it and wanted it to look really stupid (like a dumb goat) but because I didn't plan it properly, it came out more like a goat-dagger lol. I didn't even bother to re-trace/darken it since I wasn't gonna post it, but it might be good for a laugh.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I haven't been keeping up with my stuff like I wanted to, but here's what I've done so far. I got a new sketch book (my old one kept ripping the pages out when I turned to a new page) but it's so thick I can't scan them properly without a pink outline. Oh well~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

In the KH forums there are members talking about a goatblade. I assume they mean Greatest Of All Time (GOAT) or something, but I still couldn't help but think of a goat-keyblade.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And here's the failed prototype. I didn't plan at all for it and wanted it to look really stupid (like a dumb goat) but because I didn't plan it properly, it came out more like a goat-dagger lol. I didn't even bother to re-trace/darken it since I wasn't gonna post it, but it might be good for a laugh.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Dumb Goat Dagger, looks like an interesting design.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really love the piano you drew, because I have no idea how to draw one. Therefore, you get kudos from me for drawing something tough like that. Then there's the tophat fella. Boy oh boy, do I like him, because it makes me think of a beloved video game. And hey, tophats are cool. Of course, the GOAT aka Goat Blade amuses me to no end. Is there such a thing going around on the forum? I must of missed out on that recently. lol. The pizza and soda look good to me too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back