• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I dont know what to do in this situation.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Ok so Im a fulltime student.
I get unlimited bus rides due to this and yeah.
Now one class I might fail as of now due to attendence and absenses.
Two of the 4 absenses were due to me getting robbed and being scared.
I traverse a bad neighborhood to go to school.
Anyways I looked at the syllabus and he put nothing about how many absensce equal a fail and I did cal and tell him ahead of time why I wasnt in class he he said wed talk and he told me to do make up work. Then I had to miss another day (personal due to school calling my mother and saying i was barred from "actvities")
Now what Ccan I do if he does drop it is it justified?
Also another teacher is saying I cant miss any more days either...yet id think getting robbed would warrant excused absenses...
I dont know the outcome yet btw just in case.

O

Oberon

Sometimes students who are obviously going to fail are better off just being dropped.

Fact of college.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Honestly, whether it's justified or not is completely irrelevant -- this is college, not high school, 9 out of 10 times your opinion won't matter on cases such as these.

As far as the full-time student thing goes. You can be failing a class and still be considered a full-time student, just don't drop it.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
How many credit hours do you have and how many is needed to be a full time student? If you can drop the class and still be full time I say drop it and retake the class next semester.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Dropping a class is the same as failing -- unless your college has withdrawls and that it's within the allotted time to actually withdraw.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
My college has withdrawals and dropping a class would be the same as not taking it where I go so it doesnt penalize you to drop a class.

You should check that first before you decide what to do.

O

Oberon

go out and play in the middle of traffic
square.jpg

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
Meh to me and my mother it does not make sense how they can expect someone to come to school after a traumatizing event. But its fine. Honestly if thats the way the policy is and there not trying to offer me housing options or be lenent about attendance but ok. I duunno about what theyll do yet. Some exceptions should be made though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back