• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I don't think I actually dream

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
REM sleep is when you dream. It's often refered to deep sleep. It's what makes sleeping worth it and refreshing.

I have no memory of having a dream when I wasn't almost fully conscious. I'm always fatigued. I can never sleep for more than 6 hours. I'm tired of my mother's farmhouse remedies.

Any advice, or am I worrying over nothing?

Darkness of White

Wow it's been a long time
Website
lighthearts.proboards104.com
Seeing as you are still a teenager, you might grow out of it. Teens' bodys keep changing and our sleep cycles are messed up. If you aren't getting enough rest, see a doctor, if that doesn't help, wait a year or so and it might get better. If not, then again, see a doctor for it.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Wake up for half an hour, and then go back to sleep. You're much more likely to remember dreams then.

afrobutt

Silver Member
I know when people are really stressed out and crash on their beds every night, they tend not to dream. Some over-the-counter drugs have a similar effect (or so people tell me).

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
"Many supplemental melatonin users have reported an increase in vivid dreaming. Extremely high doses of melatonin (50 mg) dramatically increased REM sleep time and dream activity in both narcoleptics and those without narcolepsy. However, one factor that may influence this perception is that many over-the-counter melatonin tablets also include Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), which is also known to be capable of producing vivid dreams."

From Wikipedia.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
I'd look into it a bit more, but it might be helpful.

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
i dont get 8 hours sleep most nights. sometimes six. i sleep very deeply and not much wakes me up when i out . my dog was barking by my face apparently and i never woke. so i just assume i have like uber deep sleep where i get my sleep done in less time by being so incredibly unconscience.

dreams are a funny business and i dont know what to say about that. you may dream just not remeber them. just because you cant remember them doesnt mean they never happened

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
"Many supplemental melatonin users have reported an increase in vivid dreaming. Extremely high doses of melatonin (50 mg) dramatically increased REM sleep time and dream activity in both narcoleptics and those without narcolepsy. However, one factor that may influence this perception is that many over-the-counter melatonin tablets also include Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), which is also known to be capable of producing vivid dreams."

From Wikipedia.

I recently started taking this to help me sleep, I must have like 3 dreams a night. It's insane.

I don't think you need a perscription to get them, so maybe you should try it.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
REM sleep is when you dream. It's often refered to deep sleep. It's what makes sleeping worth it and refreshing.

I have no memory of having a dream when I wasn't almost fully conscious. I'm always fatigued. I can never sleep for more than 6 hours. I'm tired of my mother's farmhouse remedies.

Any advice, or am I worrying over nothing?

Are you crazy?

If you are, then you're not dreaming.

However, if you're perfectly sane, than you're dreaming.

There, problem solved.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
Very much so.

Look, basically, we dream during the time that the brain is filing away and getting rid of the information in it. Therefore, if you don't dream, then your brain isn't doing its job.

Which means that you go nuts. For real.

If you're nuts, then your brain isn't doing its job correctly. If you're... sane, though sane is a relative term, but if men in white coats aren't planning on strapping you to a table any time soon, then you're sane.

Which means that you are dreaming. You may not remember it, and dreams don't have to last all of the time that you sleep, but that doesn't mean that you don't actually dream.

So, sane? Then you're dreaming.

Now, about your problem with sleeping. Have you been experiencing any sudden changes in diet, exercise, or stress levels? That could be the cause of your sleeping problems. It's amazing how changing something in the body can cause you to not sleep well.

During this time, it could be the change in weather that causes it, since it seems like funky weather is happening everywhere.

It could also be that you're stressed out of your ass. If that's the case, then you need to prioritize and figure out why you're stressed, and then find a way to combat the stress.

I take anti-depressents that help to combat my stress. Some people choose to take long walks. Don't necessarily jump to pills to fix your problems or sleep groups.

My mother has a sleeping disorder called sleep apnea. She has a severe case, where she wakes up a lot during the night. When she spent the night at the hospital in a sleep study, she woke up about 32 times, which is an extreme amount. You won't even realize that you've woken up, because you usually fall back to sleep again. But it can truly affect your sleeping patterns. You wake up because you've forgotten to breathe, I believe she said, and the brain jump starts to get oxygen.

You might have some sort of sleeping disorder. If your sleeping problems don't go away even with trying to change your diet, etc. then you might want to check that out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back