• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dark Road ► I don't understand Xehanort's story

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
We see that Young Xehanort is visitted by Ansem SOD who opens him a portal, similarly to how he did with Riku. What i dont get, is where does this Ansem come from? Shouldnt there be an original Xehanort who was never visitted by Ansem but grew up into Master Xehanort to become Ansem later on? From what I have read, both Master Xehanort and Young Xehanort have the same backstory with Ansem visitting them and setting them on a certain path.

So, what is it? Is there a time loop without a beggining? There is always an Ansem appearing out of nowhere to set Xehanort on his journey? Am i missing something or is Xehanort a paradox that completely defies time and causation?

Also, id like to add, Ansem the way we see him in the begining of Dark Road seems to be well aware of who he is and what he is doing. However, the way we see him throughout the games, he never mentions time travel or his true indentity as Xehanort and overally seems to be a continuation of Apprentice Xehanort and a different person from Master Xehanort, with his own plans and ambitions. I dont know about you, but i feel like his character as a brown robe figure isn't consistent with his character once he takes form.

Because as a brown robe figure he has a cryptic, knowledgable demeanor but once he takes form, he starts his darknesses speeches which are very extremistic, compared to Master Xehaort who has a more spehrical approach.

Chie

Awards
You've never seen another time travel story before?

DR is kinda enigmatic still but yes, this is a story where characters (mostly xehanorts) do things because their future self set them up to do the things that would lead to them becoming their future self. That's the whole deal.

Awards
You've never seen another time travel story before?
ik the dragonball one but its more understandable to me

, this is a story where characters (mostly xehanorts) do things because their future self set them up to do the things that would lead to them becoming their future self. That's the whole deal.

so its a loop with no begggining basically. Ansem comes out of nowhere to set thing in motion so that young xehanort will become ansem

Back