• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I don't understand.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy

Bronze Member
i'm wondering why.

Why do we care so much? Why do we put people down so much? What's the point? Why should we destroy someone because it makes us feel better? Why should we take a way someone's part of their life and just crush. Why call something stupid just because it doesn't fit with our mindest. Why?

Why can't we just accept each other without saying another is fail, stupid, in need of special help. I don't understand. Why can't we just be ourselves and not worry about everyone else? Why can't we just be we?

And the worst part of all. Even this message will get flamed. And I don't ****ing understand. Please help me understand.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Anything you want to go into in more detail with Time?

It would help the rest of us out.

But I've been there, often, and it sucks.

Joy

Bronze Member
There is nothing else. What I said is the problem.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
There is nothing else. What I said is the problem.

I'll have to get back to you tomorrow then.

I'm going to bed now, and I don't want to give it a halfhearted response.

Adrian

Unfortunately, Kazuma's right. It's human nature. When someone doesn't understand someone or something and it makes them feel 'stupid' or awkward they put it down so they can feel better about themselves.

If people understood, then dealing with people would be much easier and they're wouldn't be wars.

Twilightie

Some people bash other people because there feeling hurt so they take it out on other people. It is nature. Nobodies perferct and that's why it happens. Feeling hurt and learning how to ignore it makes us stronger in the heart. It's a life learning lesson. Again, it makes us even stronger if we learn to face problems. ^^

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Because people feel the need to make up for their own insecurities. At least, that's what they tell us. In all honesty, I don't think anyone knows why, for sure. That's why there are countless theories and religious explanations and whatnot.

HOWEVER, what I think really matters is how to deal with that. My only suggestion would simply to be as good of a person as you can and try to find content in that. Admittedly, I'm a bit at a loss for words, as your strife is a bit vague...perhaps my response can provoke more of a response, in turn? But please, don't despair...D:

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Why do we care so much? Why do we put people down so much? What's the point? Why should we destroy someone because it makes us feel better? Why should we take a way someone's part of their life and just crush. Why call something stupid just because it doesn't fit with our mindest. Why?

Why can't we just accept each other without saying another is fail, stupid, in need of special help. I don't understand. Why can't we just be ourselves and not worry about everyone else? Why can't we just be we?

It can either happen because of the reasons stated in the replies above, or just because of pure boredom or wanting to have some fun. People make fun of/flame/bash others because they have fun doing so or want to look good or strong in front of other people. Or maybe they themselves just want to feel stronger than others.

Take the example of a typical High School Student. I'm sure everyone here has at least once made fun of a class- or schoolmate. Why did we do such things? Maybe you should give it some thought.

I admit, that I sometimes did it just for the sake of looking good in front of others or wanting to fit in a group. Sometimes it was just for revenge for people who did the same things to me.

There are countless reasons.

Q

Banned
Schadenfreude. Or the pleasure taken from the misery of others. It is in our brains to do this, and unfortunately, this is sad.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
People lived for thousands of years in an unstable world. You would have to fight often, for food, for the best women, etc. And the only way to get this was to be stronger then the other person, rise to the top of wherever you are. Back in these primal times, the only way to do this was physical intimidation/ injury/ murder.

This happened so long ago that it has become part of our instinct. Even though, it today's day and age, it may not be necessary, that 'instinct' to hurt others lives on, diluted. This is why we have cruel words and other similar things, because this is now a part of human nature, however small. The need to be better then everyone around us is still present.

It's not all bad though- this same instinct allows us to stand up for ourselves, to tell someone, that, no they are wrong, and that you are right. It is the softer, more rational side of this emotion, the one that motivates us- to rise up in our job, to save up and purchase that bigger TV- it's the more rational side of oneupmanship.

Electropop

What would you do for a Klondak Bar
Website
www.myspace.com
.-. Time.

As gay as this is going to sound.

You need Light vvith the dark. Stuipd people included. =/ You can be nice, but in the end you can turn and backstabb people. Thats vvhy people always vvant more. Thats just vvho humans are. And in the end this vvill be the dovvnfall of us all.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I'm an ass. I'll admit it. I say mean things to people quite often, and not even my best friends are spared. In fact, they are often the brunt of my jokes.
With great satisfaction.
But I, too, have copped my fair share of shit.

And therein lies the trick to it all.
It's how you deal with it.
Make a noise and complain and people are more prone to go on and on. A reaction is the most satisfying thing you can give.
Take no notice and and continue to take no notice and eventually they should move on to someone who will react.

Rix

:)
Awards
you are not the only one that just cn't understand Time...

A

Azanulbizare

i'm wondering why.

And the worst part of all. Even this message will get flamed. And I don't ****ing understand. Please help me understand.

Congratulations, you are now Atheist.

afrobutt

Silver Member
Congratulations, you are now Atheist.

Congratulations, u've spammed yet another thread with your lame, uneducated comments.

Atheist means you believe in science, Time just wants to know why we have to be so mean to each other. Notice how this has nothing to do with science. See how that works?

keybladester

i'm wondering why.

Cause Life Sucks and People like to be cruel, I to ponder on the exact answer to why people do that to one another.

M

Miss Murder

There's no truly significant or satisfying answer to that question, though it's one that many people have asked themselves before.

But there's no way to answer that, save for what has been said before in this thread; that being that actions such as the ones you have mentioned are human nature, and have been happening throughout time. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that you can trace acts like this back to the dawn of free-thinking humans capable of both building and tearing down what they've created.

It won't do asking yourself such things. If you really do feel this way, which it's clear thay you do, it would be far more productive to attempt to take actions against what you've been thinking about. Naturally, you can't alter the way people think, but you are perfectly capable of putting different thoughts in their head.

Speak your mind, a lot, and no doubt after a while someone will listen.

lol inspirationalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back