• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I FIGURED OUT WHERE MOM GOES?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaebora

So remember how Naminé has really odd powers that are almost inexplicable? Naminé has the power to rewrite Sora’s memories and alter events related to him but only because Kairi’s heart was in him. What if the Master, who can predict the future and arrange events, put his heart within the seven pure lights, like Xehanort has done with the 13? That would explain the odd powers she possesses. Through the strangest events she exists this way.

Its neat too, I noticed Xion gained the memories of Sora’s trip to Castle Oblivion,t
hats why she ran away there saying she came from there, and had met axel there before. Naminé must have known that Sora wouldnt be able to keep a fraction of his memories and thus gave him the decision to choose in CoM. There should have been no reason for him to lose any memories in truth, he could have kept both. But xion was going to steal the memories that Roxas kept safe.

I think Vanitas is interesting in the same way. Perhaps Ven had a pure heart (since we learned that there can be more than the original 7) thats why Vanitas took the shape of Sora who we learned did have darkness in his heart in DDD. Vanitas has the power to create the unversed, like how MoM made the chirithies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Namine's powers are a byproduct of the circumstances of her birth. She is the first Nobody that we know of to be born of one person's heart and another person's body. Though we may not understand the exact science of how it came to be, we do know that Namine's powers came about for this reason. Similar to how the members of Organization XIII have elemental powers that fit their personalities and fighting styles, Namine's powers are an anomaly because she herself is an anomaly.

Ven did have a pure heart in BBS, but only because Vanitas was forcibly extracted from him, leaving him with nothing but the light in his heart. Vanitas looks like Sora because of the fact that Sora connected his heart to Ven's in order to fill the gap left by Vanitas' removal, which caused Vanitas to take on his appearance.

Gaebora

Right, these statements do not disagree with my own, but there could be a greater aspect or influence. Why are there by nature pure hearts untainted? That is not the nature of the heart at all, is all im saying :)

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Namine's powers are a byproduct of the circumstances of her birth. She is the first Nobody that we know of to be born of one person's heart and another person's body. Though we may not understand the exact science of how it came to be, we do know that Namine's powers came about for this reason. Similar to how the members of Organization XIII have elemental powers that fit their personalities and fighting styles, Namine's powers are an anomaly because she herself is an anomaly.

Ven did have a pure heart in BBS, but only because Vanitas was forcibly extracted from him, leaving him with nothing but the light in his heart. Vanitas looks like Sora because of the fact that Sora connected his heart to Ven's in order to fill the gap left by Vanitas' removal, which caused Vanitas to take on his appearance.

I agree with you, BUT Roxas was the same. He was the result of the part of Ven's heart in Sora when he lost his own heart. He sorta had the same kind of connection except his gave him access to two keyblades instead of control over memories. And I always thought that Xehanort took the darkness out of Sora's heart and Ven's to create Vanitas which was why Ventus said he would complete the missing part of Sora's heart at the end.

Leaferian

Awards
I agree with you, BUT Roxas was the same. He was the result of the part of Ven's heart in Sora when he lost his own heart. He sorta had the same kind of connection except his gave him access to two keyblades instead of control over memories. And I always thought that Xehanort took the darkness out of Sora's heart and Ven's to create Vanitas which was why Ventus said he would complete the missing part of Sora's heart at the end.
1.) Roxas can't wield two keyblades naturally. His second keyblade comes specifically from Xion in Days; Prior to her 'death'/fading he does not have that power.

2.) Xehanort took the darkness out of Ven's heart before Sora was ever connected to him. Doing so damaged Ventus' heart fatally, and Xehanort took him to Destiny Islands literally to die. It is there that the newborn Sora's heart connects with Ventus' and heals him by providing the piece missing from the darkness being ripped away.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
1.) Roxas can't wield two keyblades naturally. His second keyblade comes specifically from Xion in Days; Prior to her 'death'/fading he does not have that power.

2.) Xehanort took the darkness out of Ven's heart before Sora was ever connected to him. Doing so damaged Ventus' heart fatally, and Xehanort took him to Destiny Islands literally to die. It is there that the newborn Sora's heart connects with Ventus' and heals him by providing the piece missing from the darkness being ripped away.

According to the Ultimania, it's because Sora can dual wield thanks to Ven's heart but Roxas didn't unlock it until after fighting Xion, but it wasn't because of her from the Ultimania.

It's weird that Vanitas was born from fracturing Ven's heart but he looks like Sora because Sora connected to Ventus AFTER that happened. It'd make more sense if the darkness was taken from his heart BEFORE hand to make Vanitas and they shared light. But Nomura says it's that way so I can't argue that one.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Right, these statements do not disagree with my own, but there could be a greater aspect or influence. Why are there by nature pure hearts untainted? That is not the nature of the heart at all, is all im saying :)

There are pure hearts because of the X-Blade. The lore of the series gets confusing on this bit because DDD explains it differently on two separate occasions. In one scene, Mickey says that the light from the broken X-Blade formed into the 7 pure hearts. In another, Yen Sid says that the light from the broken X-Blade was divided into 7 in order to protect the Princesses.

Either way, a heart untainted by darkness is exceptionally rare and doesn't occur naturally. In Ventus' case especially, he should have died from having his darkness extracted, but it was only due to Sora's intervention that he managed to survive and retain a heart of pure light.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
According to the Ultimania, it's because Sora can dual wield thanks to Ven's heart but Roxas didn't unlock it until after fighting Xion, but it wasn't because of her from the Ultimania.

It's weird that Vanitas was born from fracturing Ven's heart but he looks like Sora because Sora connected to Ventus AFTER that happened. It'd make more sense if the darkness was taken from his heart BEFORE hand to make Vanitas and they shared light. But Nomura says it's that way so I can't argue that one.

Somewhere it says that Vanitas had no face prior to Ventus being helped by Sora. I’d say he probably looked something like a Heartless. It was only after that when Vanitas gained Sora’s appearance.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Somewhere it says that Vanitas had no face prior to Ventus being helped by Sora. I’d say he probably looked something like a Heartless. It was only after that when Vanitas gained Sora’s appearance.

That starts to make a bit more sense. Maybe an unversed, blank faced with that symbol?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back