• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I hate all the things you love

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
This one is probably going to cost me a few rep points, but here it goes: I hate Jon Stewart. Why does everybody adore this hack? He’s not funny and he’s not clever. He’s just a hypocritical bitch. Yes, he eviscerated Jim Cramer, but if you’ve ever seen him with a guest who actually puts up a fight then you’ve seen how quickly he falls back and tries to defuse the situation by reminding everyone that it’s ‘just’ a comedy show. kupo him.

And on the opposite end of the spectrum there's Justin Bieber. I like Justin Bieber. I don’t understand how ANYBODY can dislike him, much less be openly hostile towards him. He’s a good dude. Probably the tamest, most inoffensive person in the world right now. I think his music is trash, but I think that about a lot of musicians, and many are terrible people that are way more deserving of the type of hatred and scrutiny that Bieber’s been receiving over the years.

So, on the topic of holding a different opinion than the masses:

What things do you hate that everyone else seems to love?

What things do you like that everyone else seems to hate?

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I hate Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Beyonce, the film Avatar, pretty much every sport, most first-person shooting games, nearly everything The Rolling Stones ever did (especially Exile on Main Street), Radiohead, Mumford & Sons and blur.

I don't mind J Biebs. His music is shit, but I don't mind him. There's far worse out there. I actually like Final Fantasy XII. It has a large hatedom, I've noticed, but it's my favourite in the series. I also like just about everything Stephen King's ever written, and I don't rage whenever a game gets patched and start screaming " THEY CHANGED IT NOW IT SUCKS!"

Honestly, my list of likes feels underwhelming.

Last edited:

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Taylor Swift.

She's infantile, hypocritical, and I don't care how fucking cutesy she is, but the messages she sends to younger girls? No.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I hate Final Fantasy (Which are fighting words for this forum) It's a decent game, but the game play and story are boring

And I love the 11th Doctor more than the 10th

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
RAWWWWR HOW DARE YOU RAWWWWR

Things I hate:

Old classic games. I know, I'm a terrible gamer. I find Mario dull; 2D Sonic too slow; Tetris pointless; and Pac-Man freaks me the fuck out. On that note, I don't think Gen I in Pokemon is the best, with such sterling examples such as Jynx and Mr. Mime.

Things I love:

Aside from SO3 and CG that you lot seem to hate with enough passion as to link me to yaoi fics... I find Nickelback pleasant to listen to =/

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i like everything and dislike nothing because i'm not a hateful person and i'm kind of ashamed to be on a site with such grotesque minds

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
actually scratch that

things i dislike:
-kingdom hearts: birth by sleep
-first person shooters (not a huge following here anyway, but i have never been able to get into them, even the ones that are well-liked)

things i like:
-twilight
-dubstep
-also justin bieber is fine. i don't love the dude, per se, but i've watched his documentary, and he's a good kid. some of his music is pretty catchy too.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Things I hate:
Not actual hate, but more indifference: The original Star Wars trilogy. I don't think they're bad per se, and I'd watch them again, but I just don't see what the big deal is aside from Vader.
Have the same feeling with early Spongebob. (the later seasons shouldn't have existed at all)

Things I love:
Street Fighter the movie. The writing's bad, the cinematography is sloppy and every actor not named Raul Julia performs terribly. But it's so bad and hammy it just becomes funny for me. Especially whenever Bison starts up one of his mad monologues or Zangief in general. That movie has given me a lot of enjoyment over the years.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Things I don't like/care for:

- The original star wars trilogy. Never understood what the big deal was with all that.
- I think soccer is pretty lame (this is coming from a brazilian), as are most sports. They're just not very interesting.
- Howl's Moving Castle. The plot was so incredibly weak and disjointed I don't understand why ghibli fans like this.
- Celebrity gossip. Occasionally I'll chime in if the subject is amusing, but in general I couldn't care less who got caught with whom, what x wore to the galla, or what else have you. They're just regular people who make a lot more money and/or are a lot more famous than I am.
- The avatar thread on this forum makes me not want to watch the show. Similarly I think the show would not be nearly as successful if it wasn't animesque.

Things I like:

- I think The Fray is a pretty harmless band.
- I think My Little Pony is pretty harmless also, and I don't necessarily think any less of someone if they like it (unless they're a creepily obsessive fan).

DiceKiller

hope I don't rust
I like Dane Cook. I remember listening to Harmful If Swallowed and having a great laugh and liking him from there on. I guess it's just too easy for people for to join in on bandwagon hate.

I don't exactly hate Evangelion, just dislike it. I do hate some of the fandom though. The reason I stopped visiting tvtropes was that so many of the fans don't even try to hide their hard-on for the show, and it starts spreading to unrelated pages.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
I have a strong dislike for:

+Listening to VG music without playing games. Like why.
+Mark Wahlberg
+Rectangular cut sandwiches

+Dubstep, Rap/Hip-Hop, R&B
+Sports, Madden/NCAA Football
+Romantic Comedies

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Hate that people like

I really hate Mario games. They were good like kupoing 10-15 years ago but when Mario becomes an over saturated selling point for any Nintendo console, and sells gangbusters, it irks me.

Dubstep sounds cool sometimes but most of the time it's illegible. RWJ I used to watch but now I can't stand him.

Ships really annoy me, but I won't hate on people that like them. Girls will kupoing FLIP OUT if one person from their favorite ship leaves and finds someone else and that just makes me BLARGH.

Most screamo.

Nicki Minaj's gruff ass voice she does on her songs. Could jam to it otherwise.

Long awaited season finale kisses.

Theories on entertainment mediums. The track on sitcoms that plays when a kid does something bad or some shit.

that people hate

Also I don't hate Jon Stewart but he really isn't funny to me at all. Colbert does what attempts to do better.

Scubasteve

And I kupoing liked US Skins. I watched UK Skins(only the first 2 seasons), and I just don't see it. It was fine but the I don't get the hoopla.

Don't hate Twilight at all. I can enjoy the movies mainly because I'm not so damn judgmental about them.

Naruto(show) is alright. Sasuke Uchiha, also.

Resident Evil post RE4

Donald Glover's nose. Don't LIKE it but its interesting.

The new DmC.

Kanye West post the Taylor Swift shit. He made Graduation.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I have a strong dislike for:
+Listening to VG music without playing games. Like why.
+Dubstep
+Romantic Comedies

this-is-gonna-be-good.gif

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Unpopular things I hate:

- First-person shooters
- Taylor Swift's music
- Most rap music
- Lady Gaga's music
- Disney kupoing Channel
- Batman: The Brave and The Bold (animated series)
- Jon Stewart (Colbert for the win)
- Superman: The Animated Series (not hate, but I never could quite get into it)
- Human interaction
- Sitting around when I could be doing something

Unpopular things I like:

- TRON
- Some G4TV programming
- Eminem's recent music
- Some Daft Punk
- The Batman (animated series)
- scubasteve
- Talking to my animals with slang

I don't know, some things I mentioned may have a bigger fanbase than I think.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Uh, because it's music and people like it?

Hence why this thread exists.

ITT explain some of the things you don't like that most others do. But don't worry, we'll crucify you when you don't like some things most others do.

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Hence why this thread exists.

i didn't exactly understand what you meant, which is why i was asking. but i think i'm just dumb because i forgot what the context of the thread was

that said "videogame music" isn't even a single genre because there's a lot of diversity regarding soundtrack styles so i find this a strange statement, but i'm not going to crucify you for it

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
umm, i like visual kei

i don't know why, i just do

and moeblobs (in moderation)

also i didn't really like the first two seasons of digimon that much

and the akira movie isn't all that good outside of its production values, tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back