• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I hate having to ask stuff like this lol

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fallen Prince

Ok, so I've been dating this amazing girl for a month exactly today and she's becoming the center of my life. We've been....a little physical....and after we do stuff like that, she says "I love you." I wanted to know how long it was for you guys to say that. I'm a little worried cuz I've never been in a relationship more than two weeks. It's just been worrying me, because I have no clue how I feel.

I also wanted to know if maybe she only said "I love you" because we'd just done stuff. Kind of a reaction thing for women (Idk how you girls work yet lol)
Thanks
Fallen Prince​

tangerine

Awards
There's no real time span on how long a person should wait to tell another that they love them. If you love someone then there's no reason that you shouldn't let them know.

If you really want to know whether she told you that she loves you just because you had sex (or whatever you did) then you can either ask her if she really loves you, which might seem distrusting of you for her, or you could tell her that you love her (if you actually do) and see if she replies with "I love you, too." She could also not actually be saying that she loves you as much as she's saying that she loves what you did to her.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
Ok, so I've been dating this amazing girl for a month exactly today and she's becoming the center of my life. We've been....a little physical....and after we do stuff like that, she says "I love you." I wanted to know how long it was for you guys to say that. I'm a little worried cuz I've never been in a relationship more than two weeks. It's just been worrying me, because I have no clue how I feel.

I also wanted to know if maybe she only said "I love you" because we'd just done stuff. Kind of a reaction thing for women (Idk how you girls work yet lol)
Thanks
Fallen Prince​

In all. .ideal thought, I would try to avoid 'physical stuff,' somewhat. It's good here and there, but you know, everything in moderation (I.E. not every day daaaaaaaaah). If you haven't already, you could try focusing on other outlets of your relationship - the emotional and/or sort of 'taking her out to places' sort of deal. Depends, but hopefully you get the idear.

But no one likes a clingy, needy person; if all goes well however, try getting her something 'outside of the box' for Christmas or something. Unless she's loves boxes of chocolate, flowers, and a song sung and played by you on a guitar, don't.

Just think on it.

On why she probably said 'I love you' afterward is a rather odd question, but it's debatable. It's 'meant to bring you closer together, in a way,' and on the other hand, there's hormones.

daxter fan

A month isn't much time for a relationship. And yet she already said "I love you". This could mean several things, she acts on emotion rather than thought, which is very plausible for a woman to do after sex, that would not mean a lot yet, and you shouldn't be worried to reply with "I love you" back, well, not THE I love you, a simple "I love you" is okay. It could also mean she hasn't been into a serious relationship before or never met a guy that made her feel the way you make her, so it's very raw. How long does it take me to say I love you? I don't know. Never said that to any girl I dated with . Mainly because I never truly loved any of them anyway. It takes time to fall in love, that's of course, if you ever fall in love. It's special and rare. good luck with your new girlfriend , mate :)

Fallen Prince

Well first off we haven't had sex, just some other stuff. We don't do that kind of stuff every day, I take her around my childhood spots i used to love and we are emotional. We're an emotional couple who is just crossing the physical barrier and I'm not sure. As for the I love you part, I 1/ Feel that after all I've done in life don't deserve love and 2/ I'd talk to my best friend instead of bothering you guys about it, but I've kinda got no one else since he decided he hates me. Thanks for the help, I'm not the best at this stuff.

Btw, Professor, you've been slacking in the Foyer. I haven't seen any posts about the Sentience to any new members lately :p

daxter fan

I 1/ Feel that after all I've done in life don't deserve love
:S Are you serious?
well anyway, yeah, it's clear that you two are an emotional couple, does it suit you? If it does, I don't see a problem. Just flow with it. Don't try to hasten things up, and save your most important places and moments to give her/show her for later on, you can't use your whole arsenal at the beginning :)

Fallen Prince

All right, thanks...that sounds really good and something I can do.

But i was serious, granted I've been in the help section before, I haven't told my whole story and if you heard it, you'd believe me when I said I don't believe i deserve it.

Shadow Key

First: you don't want to center your life around each other, it's bad for the relationship. Trust me, if you do completely, it'll be hell for you and her. I once did that with my GF and we realized it was a bad idea so we gave each other space.

As for physicality, I'm a virgin, and I would assume she said I love you because she felt as if she'd been exposed to a ...gentler... side of you (if that sounds right lol)... I don't know, I'm just as lost as you are with girls. :p

But the centering thing is the only thing I wanted to warn you about.

Arkaria

I don't mean to be cynical and un-constructive, but your girl needs to take a step back and get a dose of reality. A month is nothing. You can't know someone well enough to know you love them in a month, and I don't care what anyone says. If you want my opinion as a girl, she's getting too attached too fast. Either she's saying it compulsively because of what you guys are doing physically(or she feels obliged to), or she really does think she loves you, in which case, she might be crazy. A month sounds like a long time, but really it's only 4 weeks. 28 days. How well can you possibly know someone in 4 weeks? And you're not sure about your feelings. If you haven't said you love her back, then kudos to you for at least not leading her to believe you feel that way about her when you don't.

I don't really have any advice on what you should do at this point. It just sounds like you and especially your GF need to take a step back and really think about how you're feeling.

Fallen Prince

We...at least I have and I really do feel differently about her than any other girl. I've yet to say I love you because I think I'm pretty much a rebound since her ex and her both lost their virginities to each other and she was majorly crushed after that. We're at a month and a half now and I still don't know. I've gotten to a point where I just want to see her smile.

Shadow Key

I've gotten to a point where I just want to see her smile.

Damn you sound like me... that's the point of no return, man.

Currently it sounds like I'm at the same point you are but I don't know what to do either. :p

(Jesus, one month later? I suck.)

_EX

ShadowSoldier V2.0
First: you don't want to center your life around each other, it's bad for the relationship. Trust me, if you do completely, it'll be hell for you and her. I once did that with my GF and we realized it was a bad idea so we gave each other space.

I completely agree with this. I remember I did this with an old girlfriend and it didnt end well. I understand that initially you want to spend a lot of time together, possibly everyday, but this isnt the best thing to do for a lot of reasons. I did it and it alienated me from my friends and my other activities. Relationships shouldnt be your life, especially not so soon.

As for physicality, I'm a virgin, and I would assume she said I love you because she felt as if she'd been exposed to a ...gentler... side of you (if that sounds right lol)... I don't know, I'm just as lost as you are with girls. :p
It is probably a trust thing. My girlfriend says it in similar situations. I think it is because they enjoy the special occasion and the personal attention you are giving them.

Fallen Prince

Wow...I was thinking about this thread the other night. lol. Anyhow, we're almost four months in now, I talked to her and told her I wanted a real relationship. She nodded and agreed with me, we've spent since then an enormous amount of time together and talking. After spending more time with her, we are an amazing couple: She laughs at my dumb jokes, we sing glee duets together, and she is always willing to deal with my family (even the ex-felon, ex-addict of a mother that I have).

@ShadowKey, let's face it, just make the right decisicions and you'll be fine. Just keep in mind that it mind end (that's not pessimistic, just a way of saying "live it up and don't do something you'll regret."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back