• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I have some random questions after playing though BBSFM after 4 years! (Spoilers!)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TKTheKid

Hi guys,

See below please:

1.) In Destiny Islands after Xehanort pretty much discards Ven and his keyblade appears in his hand, what exactly does it unlock?
2.) What does the meteor shower Terra, Ven and Aqua see in the beginning mean exactly?
3.) In the scene where they show how Master Xehanort was trying to get Ven to use his darkness, those aren't Hearless, are they?
4.) Why does Vanitas tell Aqua that it never hurts to have a backup? I guess Master Xehanort was going to try to use her as a vessel in case things went wrong with Terra?
5.) What does that black feather by Zack in the credits symbolize?
6.) What is drawing/why are Terra, Ven and Aqua being drawn to Destiny Islands exactly? Is it just the light of Sora and Riku?

Thanks for the help all!

12kez90

Sorry for not being able to answer all of them but I can answer a couple.
3. Yes those were heartless. Neo-Shadows to be exact.
6. Yes it's implied that TAV were attracted to Sora and Riku's light as shown later in the series that they have a connection with them

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
1) Nothing, as far as I can tell. It's the only time in the series we've seen the Keyblade shoot a beam without a target. I actually think it looks kind of silly.

2) It's probably there to parallel the meteor shower imagery from the rest of the series, which often foretells a journey. Of course, it usually "foretells a journey" because it shows the protective wall around the world is gone and it's about to be destroyed by the Heartless. My friend and I were having a laugh about that when we were playing BBS the other day.

4) Bingo.

5) Sephiroth. See also: Crisis Core and FFVII. Who knows what's going on between them in the Kingdom Hearts universe?

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Hi guys,

See below please:

1.) In Destiny Islands after Xehanort pretty much discards Ven and his keyblade appears in his hand, what exactly does it unlock?

I don't think it unlocks anything, it's more of a display of power showing that Ven's heart is still active.

2.) What does the meteor shower Terra, Ven and Aqua see in the beginning mean exactly?

It's pretty curious and I've always wondered about it myself. Meteor showers usually either have plot relevance, are symbolic, or both. Meteor showers are said to be the scattering pieces of a fallen world's barrier, so perhaps someplace far away a world fell for some reason. It could also just be a regular meteor shower which seems to symbolize change and the start of a new journey (see: the night Kairi landed on DI and the night DI was destroyed).

3.) In the scene where they show how Master Xehanort was trying to get Ven to use his darkness, those aren't Hearless, are they?

They are, someone with an adept proficiency in darkness can summon them at will. They don't usually pop up by themselves during that time, but someone like MX can summon them.

4.) Why does Vanitas tell Aqua that it never hurts to have a backup? I guess Master Xehanort was going to try to use her as a vessel in case things went wrong with Terra?

Close. In the case Ven failed in his fusion with Vanitas, Vanitas would try and use Aqua as a substitute.

5.) What does that black feather by Zack in the credits symbolize?

I'm not savvy when it comes to Final Fantasy lore, but I think it's meant to imply that Sephiroth did something to him.

6.) What is drawing/why are Terra, Ven and Aqua being drawn to Destiny Islands exactly? Is it just the light of Sora and Riku?

Thanks for the help all!

DI seems to be a special place for inexplicable reasons. A lot of Keyblade wielders come from there as well as already established and potential Keyblade wielders. In Terra's case, he said he was drawn by Riku's light. Aqua landed there by chance I think and Ven was taken there, but never went their willingly.

BigBubba

DI seems to be a special place for inexplicable reasons. A lot of Keyblade wielders come from there as well as already established and potential Keyblade wielders. In Terra's case, he said he was drawn by Riku's light. Aqua landed there by chance I think and Ven was taken there, but never went their willingly.

I didn't know that more keyblade weilders apart from Sora, Riku and Kairi came from Destiny Islands! Can you tell me where they mention that please? I'm pretty interested on what's up with Destiny Islands... I love that world and it means the begining of all the KH journey... Plus, there seems to be a weird connection between The Realm of Darkness and Destiny Islands, since Kairi's message in a bottle reached Riku and Sora at the end of KH2...

Ruran

Awards
I didn't know that more keyblade weilders apart from Sora, Riku and Kairi came from Destiny Islands! Can you tell me where they mention that please? I'm pretty interested on what's up with Destiny Islands... I love that world and it means the begining of all the KH journey... Plus, there seems to be a weird connection between The Realm of Darkness and Destiny Islands, since Kairi's message in a bottle reached Riku and Sora at the end of KH2...

Aside from Sora and Riku, the only other known DI native that became a Keyblade wielder was Master Xehanort. MX mentions DI being his boyhood home and that's part of the reason why he tried to dump Ven there. The kids on DI seems to have the idea that other worlds can be reached by sailing out far enough into the ocean and that somewhat seems to be true. I don't think DI has a connection with the RoD exclusively, but sailing its oceans seems to be a legitimate way to reach other worlds. Although, I think all oceans have that potential.

BigBubba

Aside from Sora and Riku, the only other known DI native that became a Keyblade wielder was Master Xehanort. MX mentions DI being his boyhood home and that's part of the reason why he tried to dump Ven there. The kids on DI seems to have the idea that other worlds can be reached by sailing out far enough into the ocean and that somewhat seems to be true. I don't think DI has a connection with the RoD exclusively, but sailing its oceans seems to be a legitimate way to reach other worlds. Although, I think all oceans have that potential.

Wow, thanks! I missed at some point that MX was from Destiny Islands... But it's an interesting fact :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, thanks! I missed at some point that MX was from Destiny Islands... But it's an interesting fact :)

It's in his reports. I suggest reading them.

Also the young man at the beginning of the game that says "This world is just too small" is Xehanort in his youth.

digimikej

Awards
It's pretty curious and I've always wondered about it myself. Meteor showers usually either have plot relevance, are symbolic, or both. Meteor showers are said to be the scattering pieces of a fallen world's barrier, so perhaps someplace far away a world fell for some reason. It could also just be a regular meteor shower which seems to symbolize change and the start of a new journey (see: the night Kairi landed on DI and the night DI was destroyed).

wait a second, I just realized something. didn't mickey get the star shard (or whatever he called the thing that was just a gummi block) very, very recently, when you meet him in BBS? I think something DID go down. the star shard was a gummi block, a piece of the barriers between worlds. the only time I can remember anyone having those is after the barrier was shattered by the heartless. so, the question is, then: what caused the meteor shower?

Ruran

Awards
wait a second, I just realized something. didn't mickey get the star shard (or whatever he called the thing that was just a gummi block) very, very recently, when you meet him in BBS? I think something DID go down. the star shard was a gummi block, a piece of the barriers between worlds. the only time I can remember anyone having those is after the barrier was shattered by the heartless. so, the question is, then: what caused the meteor shower?

Mickey stole borrowed the Star Shard from Yen Sid which I assume he had laying around for a long time. No idea where Yen Sid got it from though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i think the answer to question #1 is his heart was reaching out to a newly born sora to connect their hearts in order to mend his own. as for #5, nomura said its sephiroth. you answered #4 yourself and i couldn't tell you about the rest.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Mickey stole borrowed the Star Shard from Yen Sid which I assume he had laying around for a long time. No idea where Yen Sid got it from though.

I'd imagine he found it in between worlds. If the gummi routes in KH1 and 2 are anything to go by there's plenty or debris, meteors and the like floating around up there.
Sora also gets gummi blocks during those routes so perhaps some of the meteors and such you see are gummi in nature.

It's always possible Yen Sid himself inherited it from his master. We know he's old friends with Eraqus and Xehanort but there's nothing saying they shared the same master or methods in travel.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
As for number one, remember, Sora and Ven forge their connection by "opening the door." Ven opens his eyes once he shoots his Keyblade into the night sky. He's probably "opening the door" to Sora's heart. And as for TAV being drawn there, don't underestimate Aqua's kindredness with Sora. It's understated but I think it's very important or else it wouldn't have been the defining theme of Blank Points nor would Sora have remembered meeting her in 3D the way he did.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
As for number one, remember, Sora and Ven forge their connection by "opening the door." Ven opens his eyes once he shoots his Keyblade into the night sky. He's probably "opening the door" to Sora's heart. And as for TAV being drawn there, don't underestimate Aqua's kindredness with Sora. It's understated but I think it's very important or else it wouldn't have been the defining theme of Blank Points nor would Sora have remembered meeting her in 3D the way he did.
look below
Thank you all for your responses! I got my answers!

i think the thread should be closed now.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Since the OP got the answers they were looking for, I see no reason to keep this thread open. If anyone else is confused or wants to debate a certain topic, I advise them to create a new thread dedicated to that topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back