• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I just got a GC...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

Hmm...I recieved the Gamecube three weeks ago (the black one). I found my receipt and returned it in exchange for an $80 discount for a new platinum one. Now, I have two games only:

1) Super Smash Brothers Melee
2) Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Of course, being extremely adapted to FF, I beat the game in a day and a half...actually...only 14 hours in total...all artifacts and junk...it wasn't hard at all so...basically, I only have ONE game that I still need to complete with 100%...but I need more games. There aren't any more Final Fantasy games on GC so I'll just have to get more games. What games should I get? I'm thinking on some Legend of Zelda games and I really think WindWaker looked amazing but...Twilight Princess is to be released soon...hmm...what a conundrum...

I'm into RPGs but I have not played Tales of Symphonia for ages that I don't even remember if it was good or not. I'm an RPG person. Anyone here able to recommend any games on the GC to me?

PS: I'm not good at Resident Evil 4 -_-...

yado

I taste delicious
Mario kart Double dash is fun and wind waker is cool played it before AND GET TWILIGHT PRINCESS if your into that stuff.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Here's a tip for RPGs: DON'T GET LoTR: THE THIRD AGE. It sucks all things that one ever could suck.

There's no story at all. Nada. It's basically all three movies set in the place of different characters, and you're always just behind the fellowship, which is retarded. At one point in the game, you fight this warg rider (he's an orc) and after you beat him, you suddenly have a new party member. What the hell? They don't even tell you that you got him, either. Not that it matters, they all suck. All in all, the game is excessively boring.

Baten Kaitos is pretty neat, though. It's a card-based battle system, but I actually like this one. Battles are extremely addictive. The story's kinda boring at first, but I've heard that there's a plot twist that makes it intriguing. I've only borrowed a copy from my friend, and I haven't gotten that far in the game yet (It should arrive through the mail anyday now).

I hear good things about Paper Mario all of the time, so you might want to check that out.

There's also a new Fire Emblem game coming, so keep your eyes peeled. There are a lot more good titles, but I only put RPGs. Well, two at least.

Heartless1990

Thanks. And Master T, I'm a serious gamer and I already knew LOTR games wouldn't be so great...Movie games will NEVER be good...That's why when I heard they're making Godfather or Scarface on PS3, I knew they wouldn't be good. In general many TV, Movie and Anime games aren't good.

I played Paper Mario on N64 (two months ago) and I don't really like it...It's too slow...and it's boring to level up. Is Thousand year door better anyway?

OOOoooo Fire Emblem...wait...it's a strategy RPG...hmm...unless the battle system is like Final Fantasy Tactics, I won't know how to play well -_-

Thank you all, any other games?

Coffee Lover

Bronze Member
Awards
Here's one excellent game for the GC you need to get: Super Mario Sunshine. I got this game two weeks ago for 15 bucks and it's really good but most of the episodes are really hard so not only is it a good game, but it'll be a challenge to you.

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
The Third Age is the only game in the franchise that's actually sucked. Return of the King and the Two Towers kick ass.

What else... Uh, Pikmin. Yeah, Pikmin. I've always wanted that game. Maybe Mario Tennis, too. I suffered shock after I played Mario Tennis 64, it was awesome. Viewtiful Joe, Harvest Moon, but no Star Fox games.

Blue Mage

Bearer of the True Rune.
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. It's a strategy RPG. It is a lot like FFTA. There are 2 phases. The Player Phase & The enemy pahse (also the other phase if there are any neatrul NPC's). On the player phase you move your characters around the map & esecute commands. Instead of having certain abilaties you equipe everyoen with either weapons or magic or both. Each chracter can cary uup to five items. You may equip Sowrds, Bows, Lances, Axes, Anima (Elemental) Magic Tomes, Light Magic Tomes, Dark Magic Tomes, Staves (That heal HP, cure status ailments ect.), & of course, items. Its a lot more tactical then most RPG's but if you want a good cgalenge then I suggest The Fire Emblem series. PM me if you want more info.
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance > http://cube.ign.com/objects/001/001982.html
Fire Emblem:The Sacred Stones > http://gameboy.ign.com/objects/666/666790.html

PS: For a great RPG series on the PS2, check otu Suikoden, it is great!
Suikoden III > http://ps2.ign.com/objects/016/016992.html
Suikoden IV > http://ps2.ign.com/objects/574/574393.html
Suikoden Tactics > http://ps2.ign.com/objects/753/753601.html

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Ikaruga- If you fancy yourself a fan of the "old-school", get this game. It's the greatest 2D shooter since Galaga.

Resident Evil 4- This game was so incredible I needed towel to clean myself up afterwards.

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- To this day, I still don't see why the fanboys were so flustered over visual style. It looked incredible.

Soul Calibur 2 (or if you can wait, 3)- This is the fighting game I recommend to anyone just getting into fighting games. Forget Super Smash Bros., anyone and their dog can get good at that without too much work. Soul Claibur 2 is accessible while still retaining a good amount of depth (a must for a fighting game).

Viewtiful Joe- It will, to quote Tenacious D, "rock your f***ing socks off!" It hearkens back to the good old days when games punished you for your mistakes and rewarded you with a great sense of accomplishment for your success.

Heartless1990

Square Ninja said:
Ikaruga- If you fancy yourself a fan of the "old-school", get this game. It's the greatest 2D shooter since Galaga.

Not into shooters but I'll give it a shot

Resident Evil 4- This game was so incredible I needed towel to clean myself up afterwards.

I suck at RE games :sob sob:...I died at my first cutscene in the game -_-

Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker- To this day, I still don't see why the fanboys were so flustered over visual style. It looked incredible.

They just expected the game to have graphics like Twilight Princess. WindWaker had the younger appeal to it and it was cartoonish so many didn't like what they saw. I like LoZ anyways so I have considered Windwaker regardless. However, I still drool over the graphics of Twilight Princess. Should I get Windwaker Or TwilightPrincess?

Soul Calibur 2 (or if you can wait, 3)- This is the fighting game I recommend to anyone just getting into fighting games. Forget Super Smash Bros., anyone and their dog can get good at that without too much work. Soul Claibur 2 is accessible while still retaining a good amount of depth (a must for a fighting game).

I have SC2 for PS2. Heihachi...lacks in every way. I don't think I want another SC...SC3 is coming for PS2. That's something to look forward to...But...I just hope...the weapons look more...um...erk...can't complete my sentence! I'm lacking the words I wanted to use!

Viewtiful Joe- It will, to quote Tenacious D, "rock your f***ing socks off!" It hearkens back to the good old days when games punished you for your mistakes and rewarded you with a great sense of accomplishment for your success.
[/Quote]

I beat that at my friend's house. I only stayed at his house for about two hours. It was...easy...Too easy...Like FFCC easy...

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
I beat that at my friend's house. I only stayed at his house for about two hours. It was...easy...Too easy...Like FFCC easy...[/QUOTE]

He probably had it set on Kids mode. You should try playing it on "V-rated" (or "Ultra V-rated").

As for the The Wind Waker vs. Twilight Princess debate, I say get them both if possible. If you're patient kind, wait until Twilight Princess is released and see which oen you prefer. If not, go with The Wind Waker.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
Twilight Princess is still more than half a year away- get Wind Waker, and get it now. Those who claim it's "childish" are not mature enough to realize that a game can be utterly satisfying to mature audiences without gore and sex.

Heartless1990

LordMune said:
...not mature enough to realize that a game can be utterly satisfying to mature audiences without gore and sex.

Thank you so much. I really owe you for pointing that out to everyone. I'm bad with words but I wholeheartedly agree.

Well, if it's decided, I'll get Windwaker by the end of this week. I'm not great with Zelda games but they're still fun. I hate it when I die to bosses because I die constantly, knowing myself.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
The bosses in the Wind Waker are a tad bit easier than the ones in previous games I think, or maybe I just got better...

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
I'm with them, definitely get Zelda Wind Waker. It's got a new aspect that you get to go sailing. (Whee!! Jumping is so much fun..jump...jump...yay). The sailing adds variety compared to the timeless (yet fun) horseback riding which isn't available. I don't even think there are horses....

Meh, definitely get WW. Twilight Princess will also be a fun game.

Let's see, Mario Kart Double Dash is cool too, if you like racing. The idea of using two players is cool, it's really fun to see what two you can pair up and what make the best combos. There's also new characters (you can be Boo..o-o). <_<

Super Smash Bros: Melee is fun if you don't mind beating up the classic Nintendo characters. Though, I must admit, it's a great anger vent. :]

Bleh, and the games they said. Oh, Harvest Moon, good farming game, for some reason this is a fun one, you can get married and have kids..so..cute...>^.^<

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Alright you want games for Gamecube I'd say get these
Super Mario Sunshine
Sonic Adventure 2(hey it was great to me)
RE4
Animal Crossing(people say they love this game)
Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
New Legend of Zelda
Mario Kart Double Dash
True Crime(Don't ask about this one)
NBA Street V3 so you can play as Mario Teams
Midnight Club 3
that's it

I don't know too many games for the GC I don't pay attention to it because I own a PS2 but I do play it sometimes

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Oh, I almost forgot about Animal Crossing. Such a wonderful experiment it was. It's similar to Harvest Moon, but you really don't have any responsibilities. Sure, you have things to do, but you can always put them off until later (unless it's a holiday thing). I wish my life was more like Animal Crossing. Tom Nook is the greatest loaner ever. You really don't have to pay him back...ever.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Congrats... i actually got a GC for 50p on a raffle ticket competition with Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart, and i use a GB Player 2 play CoM... GC's are great, but nothin on an XBOX..lol

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
Resident Evil 4 (good game, but too easy)
Tales of Symphonia (this is great game!)
Resident Evil Remake (This is the best!)
and something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back