• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I Just Realized That *Every* FINAL FANTASY Game's Antagonists Use the Seven Deadly Sins Leit-Motif, So It Likely Applies To the First KH As Well

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacan Valeth

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Literary archetypes are interesting and enjoyable, and encountering them and writing them are *fun as heck,* but let's see some originality, people.

Though yes, this is likely a FINAL FANTASY tradition like a number of other FINAL FANTASY traditions, so there's a valid reason for this to be in the first KINGDOM HEARTS.

Ansem/Xehanort's Heartless is Sloth. He wants to waste away his life treasuring knowledge beyond the Door to Darkness and the Final Keyhole without making enough of an effort to benefit anyone else with it - though he does make an amount of effort to this effect - even if it means plunging the entire realm of light into darkness to do so.

Maleficent is Greed. She wants power over the entire realm of light.

Hades is Envy. He's jealous of Zeus' position and wants it for himself.

Captain Hook is Wrath. He wants revenge on Peter Pan for cutting off his hand.

Oogie Boogie is the term I won't say. He values taking the glamour of Halloween Town for himself.

Ursula is Pride. She's the most arrogantly dismissive of all the central antagonists of KINGDOM HEARTS to those beneath her, including Flotsam and Jetsam.

Jafar is Gluttony. He feasts on Genie's power to attempt to acquire what he desires.

What do you all feel and think about this?

Paul

"They called it Sin."-Auron
FINAL FANTASY X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back