• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I JUST VOTED!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Essence of Elegy

How long shall you delve into time?
Awards
Think about it this way: When more than 1 million people think "my vote doesn't matter", just like you, and believe me, many people think the same way, that's one million people not voting.

That's what I meant.

Just what I was thinking. One day we'll have about a couple dozen people voting, likely biased citizens who have no clue what they're doing.

Cissy

Bronze Member
True, that really depends on the state. Ignoring the fact that when I said "million" I was using it as a numerical example, every state and city has a different population count, so "1 million" could, perhaps, only count if it were 1 million people collectively living in a large city that had a great effect over the outcome of a state's loyalties. However, what I really meant to say was that if you publicly assert that one's single vote doesn't count, and, let's say, perhaps 90% of the country believed that, then you would have a big problem on your hands.

But I digress. It doesn't work that way. Enough people take the time to vote.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Well the reason why my vote doesn't matter is because I am indecisive. I don't care about the presidential canidates or pretty much any canidates on the ballots. And I didn't bother to learn to much about the propositions to know to vote no or yes. My vote wouldn't matter because it would be just a guessing vote. I think if your going to vote and exercise that right, which I think everyone that can vote should, you need to make sure you vote as an understanding individual.

Cissy

Bronze Member
That makes a great deal of sense, Blink. (mind if I call you that?) If you don't want either, there's no point in randomly choosing. It was a smart choice.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
people call me blink all the time so no big deal.

But yeah I feel that if your a voter make an informed choice. That could be why I don't like this election much. Obama could be a great president so no one get me wrong, but my problem lies with the race. When I say that I mean there are going to be so many voters on each side (Obama/McCain) that are going to vote for one because of race. I hate this idea. If you want a bigger change go with Obama, and if you want slight change go McCain.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
people call me blink all the time so no big deal.

But yeah I feel that if your a voter make an informed choice. That could be why I don't like this election much. Obama could be a great president so no one get me wrong, but my problem lies with the race. When I say that I mean there are going to be so many voters on each side (Obama/McCain) that are going to vote for one because of race. I hate this idea. If you want a bigger change go with Obama, and if you want slight change go McCain.

Exactly. People are voting for Obama just because of him being a black man. And others are voting for McCain for the exact same reason. voters are not paying attention to each of their campaigns, they are just worried about race. Black or White, it doesnt matter, so long as they are a good president.

RuffPuff

Filthy Turnip
Awards
I just voted..

Lol, everyone knows that is a lie XD 12 year old Aussie.

But if I could vote.. I wouldn't know who to vote for..

If I voted for Mcain...

And he dies..

FEMALE PRESIDENT!! (I got that right, right?)

Sweet Genocide

NICE!!
with your vote, you brought America one step closer to its inevitable demise!

As Ive been saying....
Remember the tagline for AVP?
"No matter who wins, we lose"

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
I performed my civic duty and voted. LOL, out of the five people who could vote in my family, only four did (my bro-in-law didn't- too lazy. Psh, the voting area was five minutes up the road in a church), and it was a tie. Two for Obama (my sis and I) and two for McCain (my parents).

Personally, I'm glad that Obama won, not because he's the first black president, but that I want change; even if he won't be able to do much, at least he'll try, which is more than McCain was going to do.

It's kinda sad that only 64 percent of the eligible populace voted in the election- and that's a higher number than usual! Kinda pitiful that American Idol gets more votes from that same target group than the election for the next leader of our country.

angelbabe74006

I'm glad that I was able to vote this year. Although the candidate that I voted for did not win, I'm happy that I was able to enjoy the experience of really voting. It made being a legal adult really set in.
I am happy for Obama, though, and the people who voted for him. Though I did not, I can't help but smile at how excited other people over this news. America voted for him, and I trust this country so I remain faithful and see what happens.

keybladelegacy

~*Youll be my Living Legacy~*KBL
Website
www.landofdeparture.webs.com
Barack Obama is the first African American president obama has won even though i disagree with some things obama says but now will see if he does a good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vin

Bronze Member
meh.... i know I am gonna get flammed to hell for this but.. I wanted McCain =[

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Nigga for president. ORDER THE CHICKEN!
Chicken Noodle Soup. Chicken Noodle Soup. Chicken Noodle Soup with a soda on the side.
~

With that niggotry out of the way, I can say I was proud to vote for Obama.

Not only because he was black, but because I elieve he really does believe in what he stands for, which inspires me to hope for a better future for humanity. My faith in humanity has raised to 2.

Back