• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____ , and here's why:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
re: I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____, and here's why:

Final Fantasy II is only broken if you break it.

I think Magic is pretty bad in FFII. I spent a good while with it, played it properly, and found that by the time you've levelled your magic to a decent level the rest of your stats are ridiculous. I remember first time I played it, I didn't use magic much and it was better, but as I say, this time I went for the complete experience and found it broken.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards

VIII. I consider VIII a 'Bad' Final Fantasy.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

If I can literally put down the controller & win the battle, then their is obviously something wrong

You chose to have Gambits automate everything you did; you intended to let the game automate every process. You only have yourself to blame.

BlackBlitz7

Website
burstingenergy.ultimaterpg.org

I find it agreeable that some people didn't like Final Fantasy XIII based on how little exploration the game allowed in the first two-thirds. I personally did not mind, but I believe this is in turn due to the level design choices for many of the Cocoon environments. Eventually the game does allow for plenty of exploration on pulse via the monster hunting sidequest. However, people misunderstand their own argument when they call the game overly linear; all Final Fantasy games are predominantly linear through narrative and exploration.

Just my two gils.

I take your two gils...because I loved what you said about the linear thing.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards

ff sucks because i have to use menus OMG

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards

I fell asleep whilst playing FFXIII.

When I woke up I was on a new chapter.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me

Disregarding spin-offs, VIII is the only title I take a whole lot of issue with; story, characterization, and art direction were all seriously lacking, IMO. And the gameplay, though not at all terrible, wasn't any compensation.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

Final Fantasy X is pretty much the only one so far that I didn't like...

Shallow characters, bad voice acting, annoying story full of holes and lacking in any sort of typical FF goodness. I didn't like but five songs on the soundtrack, the character designs were HORRIBLE (SEYMOUR, Tidus, Wakka, etc) and the gameplay was just average. Definitely one of my least favorites, and I have a friend that agrees with me.

Also, X-2 and XIII are even worse...

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

You chose to have Gambits automate everything you did; you intended to let the game automate every process. You only have yourself to blame.

lmao, we cant argue about this (its not as if you can change my opinon & its certaintly not my intention to change yours) so i intend to make this my last post I realized in 5 minutes that using gambits for the leader isnt very fun, thus i did not (remember this is coming from the guy that yells at everybody to not use auto battle in XIII) I played for up to 8 hours, through either 3 or 4 dungeons thats 4 or 3 bosses i fought (as stated before I made it to the 1st judge on the prison ship) and when not using gambits on the leader you still just sit their & watch the party beat the target with whatever weapon is equiped, until Its neseccary to heal (which half the time my party members did for me) or i decide to use any magic & in this aspect the combat is very lack luster, which is why it was to boring for me to do any grinding, compared to the other FF ive played: drawing in 8 (its the closest thing to grinding in that game) I got excited to find a new spell like tornado or firaga so though it wasnt nessecarily fun to draw It was really cool to get 100 of a new powerul spell & compared to the grinding in 13, well 13's battle system is fun fast & flashy which almost made grinding fun, id compare it to 7 as well but the only grinding i did was morphing Tornberrys to ribbons for the fight with Sephiroth & why after 8 hours am i still using fire even though ive bought 3rd level magic off the liscence board? I found it unessicary too still have to buy it after aquiring it in the liscence board because they made you wait to long to get it. After 8 hours i expect to be using something stronger than fire, not to mention I had only 1 quickening & no summons. tell me Sham am i playing wrong by letting gambits controll everyone but my leader? Believe me id like to enjoy 12 so help me to understand if i did anything wrong,how did you play the game?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

Disregarding spin-offs, VIII is the only title I take a whole lot of issue with; story, characterization, and art direction were all seriously lacking, IMO. And the gameplay, though not at all terrible, wasn't any compensation.

I agree. Although i enjoy some parts of FF8, i just can't get into the junction system. Hating the battle system is inevitable though when in every FF it's something new. Even in FFXIII, i hated the weapon upgrade, because i was so much into finding the next best weapon, rather than synthesizing it. Another reason i mildly hated Star Ocean 3...(don't ever progress through that game without synthesizing, lmao).

lilVon

live, laugh, lobotomy
Awards

I agree. Although i enjoy some parts of FF8, i just can't get into the junction system. Hating the battle system is inevitable though when in every FF it's something new. Even in FFXIII, i hated the weapon upgrade, because i was so much into finding the next best weapon, rather than synthesizing it. Another reason i mildly hated Star Ocean 3...(don't ever progress through that game without synthesizing, lmao).

which is why i didnt do it, i never upgraded my weapons in XIII or VIII. :p

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

s2s3gg.png

Lol Snow always yelling Sarah...

scubasteve

Banned
Awards

aside from the tactics series, ffx-2, and dissidia, most of the spin-offs are pretty ehhhh.

as for the main series, none of them are bad, but they all try something new with each installment, which is something that a lot of ff fans fail to realize and appreciate about the series.

i think they should make a ddr ff mix like w/ ddr mario mix patent it. haha already did brooo.

Crystal

Silver Member

FFXIII, especially the ending D:
And FF7 DC, i don't know what the game is talking about.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards

Final Fantasy X is pretty much the only one so far that I didn't like...

Shallow characters, bad voice acting, annoying story full of holes and lacking in any sort of typical FF goodness. I didn't like but five songs on the soundtrack, the character designs were HORRIBLE (SEYMOUR, Tidus, Wakka, etc) and the gameplay was just average. Definitely one of my least favorites, and I have a friend that agrees with me.

Also, X-2 and XIII are even worse...

uh oh watch out guys he has a friend that agrees with him

Back