• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____ , and here's why:

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shinjuku

Entrapment
If you liked xii then that's okay. It just wasn't for me personally.

I felt like it had pointless characters that didn't have much of a personality and the story wasn't that all exciting; Vayne was a boring villain to add into the mix. Vaan and Penelo felt like tag-alongs instead of being the leading main character and the MC's childhood best friend. It felt really empty compared to the Final Fantasy games before and after it ( xiii)

This add in half the time you actually got side tracked doing sidequests(which were more fun).

Plus the director of this game forgot who it was, or someone with inside knowledge knew Vaan and Penelo were added at the last second. I forget who the real main character was.

Also FFXIII was the opposite extreme it was also empty as well, but in a different way.

misssheep

I didn't find the side questing fun not compared to the card games in FF8 and FF9 and the massive theme park in FF7 and FF13-2 though the theme park in FF13-2 could be a little better and have more games.

The main character was mean to be Basch but they replace the lead role for Vaan because they wanted a pretty-boy to try and get fangirls which failed because all Vaan did was fade in the background and whine.

I have to disagree with you about FF XIII feeling empty too. It had a deeper story that was closer to the FF style and deeper and more emotional characters.

Coeurl

Demon Dance
The thing I liked about Vaan/Penelo was that they weren't your typical flashy characters in an rpg. They were just your normal people doing their usual stuff and got caught up in the bigger picture of the empire. And how they dealt with the events somehow felt real to me.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
I didn't find the side questing fun not compared to the card games in FF8 and FF9 and the massive theme park in FF7 and FF13-2 though the theme park in FF13-2 could be a little better and have more games.

The main character was mean to be Basch but they replace the lead role for Vaan because they wanted a pretty-boy to try and get fangirls which failed because all Vaan did was fade in the background and whine.

I have to disagree with you about FF XIII feeling empty too. It had a deeper story that was closer to the FF style and deeper and more emotional characters.

Well having owned both usually I'd say FFXII > FFXIII but not by much it's tough to call a story deep in a video game especially when to find out most things within you must read it instead of watching it unfold.

Both main villains were pretty darn bland if I do say so myself.(In fact when I got to Vayne I quit because of how easy he was). I like the fact they chose a different plot vs. the basic one you see in most RPG's, but thing is it's pretty tough to go those routes, and with both games it failed to capture those themes they chose. I know FFXII theme revolved around politics mostly, but I really didn't know FFXIII.

SmilingMuse35

I like "Final Fantasy XIII" because the character design looks great, in my opinion. If they existed in real life, the characters would look--to a degree-- similar to us.:smile:

Cumbii

I've played I-XIII-2 (except XI)

And only have I passed I, II, IV, VII, and X. :eek:
I have III in DS but got bored (not saying it's bad, but I was a kid back then and well, when I picked it up I was lost), V I spent way too much in grinding....and then I lost the file (I played I-VI in an emulator), VI...you know, VI is the only game I din't like.
I got to the part where you had to prevent the monster from entering somewhere (I don't remember), well the problem was that my party was under-powered and I lost interest xD

IX I was in "Game-Depression" and erased my save file when I was 90% done with the story.

And then XII I only played it like for 5 hours, and I LOVED the gameplay but I...I'm not a fan of the characters.
XIII din't like it so much, and XIII-2 I got stuck and lost my will to play it. xD

Honestly, I need to pick up V, XII and XIII-2 and pass them! -.-'

Overall, the FF series is amazing!
95.00% of the time the characters are lovable (atleast for me), the gameplay is also amazing, story is definitely Square's forte.

Nexus

Hmm...Well I like Final Fantasy, because well it's totally different from what I usually like, I'm a huge fan of robot's, mecha's, cyborgs, and transformers. I don't know what made me latched on to FF, but I guess it was so unique and different is what made me fall in love with the series.

I've played.

VII
VIII
X.
X-2
XIII
XIII-2

As well as some of the dissida games.

RENEGADES187

I must say out of all the games I've played and the spin-offs, and any games of similar calibre that FFIX has got to be my favorite.
Hands down my favorite story, my favorite game model with Trance and the Time Battle setup. It also has my favorite FF character ever: Freya Crescent The Dragon Knight, or Dragoon. I have liked all the FF games but to this day I can say this is the only one I've loved.

AIAwesome

Awards
Well Final Fantasy VII being my very first game ever. I tend to say that that is my favorite FF game. But if I were to put some thought into it, I would have to say Crisis Core. Not so much the gameplay but I fell in love with Zack's character and his development as he went on his journey.

I've played every FF game beginning to end except II and XI/XIV(not really interested in the whole online thing). I just never got past the tutorials before I kind of forgot about it. So I can't say that one was bad. Every game had its perks and its downs but a close second would be for me IX (surprisingly not VII). Zidane was such a lovable character but I didn't LOVE him until the ending movie.

As for the FF I hated the most? XII. Hated the battle system cause I liked the little screen change into a random battle. But that is just cause I was used to it. Like some people say, FF is a formula and each one has their own elements so I can't say my opinion is judgement haha.

Sorry, I'll only tell you that I live in Kentucky~
I dislike Final Fantasy when it feels like the story is rushed. I want to sit down and be able to enjoy the characters and plot...not being worried about if the story is going to end soon. I won't say what games, but some of them seem very rushed and feel like money makers more than games. And that makes me sad! :/

BlueKey777

Banned
My favorite FF number title is FF4, My favorite spin off is Crisis Core, My least favorite would have to be FFIX (which really isn't that bad cause there really is no such thing as a bad FF game in my opinion)

morgancb35

I like final fantasy x because the story is so immersing and the character are so relatable

P4L1_B34$T

Re: I like/dislike Final Fantasy ____, and here's why:

I've played about a dozen FF games and I have to say, overall, I've been pleased with all the ones I've played.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I dislike Final Fantasy X-2 because I felt like it destroyed the sad and meaningful ending left to us by FFX. I felt like FFX was conclusive and things just should have stayed how they were, but then X-2 came back along with the classic "Let's bring back the dead!" (or let's find the dead, whatever). I was happy when things didn't turn out how Yuna thought they would, but then here came the sappy true ending that just ruined my vision of FFX's perfectly good ending.

davidXIIIaxel

I dislike Final Fantasy X-2 because I felt like it destroyed the sad and meaningful ending left to us by FFX. I felt like FFX was conclusive and things just should have stayed how they were, but then X-2 came back along with the classic "Let's bring back the dead!" (or let's find the dead, whatever). I was happy when things didn't turn out how Yuna thought they would, but then here came the sappy true ending that just ruined my vision of FFX's perfectly good ending.
yeah i was thinking of buying it again but i decided not. i was gonna get the vita version. but because of X-2 i just cant do it.

noxy

A lot of people don't like FFX-2, but I actually do- even though getting 100% is extremely tedious and I want to rip out my hair over it.

The reason why is because there had never been a Final Fantasy game that focused on a female as the protagonist- much less a set all-female party with no summons. X-2 was also the first direct sequel to a "main numbered" Final Fantasy game. They'd never done that before. And it was a more lighthearted story line. Sure, there are some heavy hits with conflicts of belief and different sects wanting control, but I think that Square did a good job in offsetting that with Yuna wanting to break out of her title and role as High Summoner, figure out what she wants out of life, and going on her own adventures. There's a heaviness, of course, with Shuyin and Lenne, and with Yuna missing Tidus and wanting to fix the wrongs in Spira. But overall, it's a lighter installment. And I think that it was a nice break from the typical heavier stories that remain prevalent in the Final Fantasy franchise..

I loved XII. I didn't love Penelo or Vaan really, but I -love- Fran & Balthier. And I love the game play and the way the voice acting was recorded.. I don't know if anyone will get what I mean, and I can't explain it. But I love it. The music that plays on Ozmone Plains, Salikawood, The Wintery Song (IDK man), and a couple of other places.. But, either way- I enjoyed the game in general. It fascinated me.

ThePumpkinQueen

Hiding inside the surprise Jack-O-Lantern
What I like about the final fantasy games: I love the characters, how each game is diffrent in game play so you don't get bored of the same system rolled over, repeatedly. I also love the music, the storylines. and visually so creative.

What i dislike: all the side games get a bit muddled together and can be rather confusing. I also do not like one recurring theme throughout most the games. The anti-goverment and anti organized religion. I do not mind this really, its the fact that most of the game are based around this, i feel like they need to try somthing new. those are my only complaints and.

I can not stand TIDUS from final fantasy x. he is one character that i just can't grow to love, were i may start out hating some characters, i end up liking them as the story goes along. I love his love story with yuna but he is just so loud and aragant and just Tedious.

Though ten and its sequel are my favorite of the series thus far. ( I have only played, one, two, playing three, eight, ten, ten two, twelve and thirteen)

I know many do not like ten two, i loved it, i also love how they snuck in final fantasy seven refrences, it was clever and well done, and ten two has some meaningful endings as well, depending on which of the five you choose. in one it shows Yuna learning to hold on , yet let go and realize things are bigger than her small world. where as another shows Not giving up can be rewarding.

Bergendorf

Firstly, ffx was not over rated at all! Haha. Best one of the series in my opinion. Secondly, I have played all of them, except for 2 and 3, and mostly they were all good games. However, my least favorite was probably 14 just cuz I don't like mmo's. That's just me though. Also, I didn't like x-2, 12, or 13. But none were terrible. Well.... I might have to say x-2 was bad. But that's cuz I loved x so much and it wasn't what I was expecting. Too much girl power, Japanese pop, silliness going on for me.

Scorseselover

I dislike XI because...I can't play it without some stupid ass HDD cable (Do those still work on PS2?). Whatever happened to playing it like the other games?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Scorse; FFXI actually can be played on PC as well, which will let you play it easily like the other games. Be warned tho.

1. It's a MMO. It also has monthly fees. That may not make you happy. Far as I know it isn't going F2P any time soon.
2. I find it hard to recommend it right now b/c they've made some radical changes and you can solo the whole thing now other than xping; it used to be all about making parties, and server pops are low enough that it was necessary, but it's not the FFXI I fell in luv with. I got tired of having to whine to friends to get stuff done, so I went to XIV.

Also for NA, the hdd was a optional internal one that didn't get a lot of luv this side of the pond. It only works on a fat PS2.

Back