• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I like [x], where do I go with this?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
BASICALLY, this idea is to either help people who are new to an artist, and want to hear similar sounding stuff, OR to figure out where to start with an artist, due to an expansive discography.

For starters; David Bowie. Where should I start with this legend? What albums are a "must-listen", in your opinion?

I'm friends with some super big bowie fanatics. Personally, I've always liked some of his stuff, but I've never been anywhere near as fanatic as either of them, haha. But anyways, most of his albums are super different from one another. I'm taking his discography slowly, personally, as I don't want to overload. It looks like you have the same idea. Ziggy Stardust is an easy place to start, as it's pretty 'normal' compared to lots of his other stuff. I'd consider it a pretty classic 'rock' album, to use a super general term, and I know quite a few people agree with me. Some pretty rad songs on it.

Hunky Dory and Aladdin Sane are considered some of his greatest works, from what I've heard. I've never actually listened to them yet, but sputnikmusic generally votes the same way I do, so eh. The only other albums I've listened to are Young Americans (which I originally found hilarious to listen to, as it sort of hits an old funk chord, but now thoroughly enjoy) and Scary Monsters (which there isn't a lot to say about. It's good, but I wouldn't start with it).

That's about all my knowledge about Bowie, really. A bigger fan could point you in a clearer direction, I suppose, but I figure just start with Ziggy Stardust and you'll be fine.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Have you tried using Pandora? I haven't used it in a long time, but it's a great for what you're asking.
Use a combination of Pandora and Last.fm. Last.fm is better IMO because while Pandora offers similar music, it tends to repeat said track while offering little variety. Last.fm also has no limits/restrictions when it comes to skipping songs.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Thanks for the suggestions, Informal.

I have Last.FM, and last I checked, Pandora isn't working in Canada. Maybe that's changed, though. Either way, though, this is more of an idea of having members of the community help out others in regards to starting to listen to an artist/branching out from one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back