• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I must be used to seeing it, but...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Re: I must be used to seeing it, but........

His walk is so...PURPOSEFUL. He's all, "I'm gonna pop some tags" when he walks! ;D

And his run? I dunno, fairly normal, I guess. He just...throws all his weight into it, is all. I like it! XD

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

I know... his walking gait is... um, to quote my friend, with euphemistic adjustments:

My friend said:
The way Sora walks is like he had just been circumcised and is trying so that his wee-wee won't rub against that balloony red pants of his!

Jokes aside, this weird gait only happens in KH1 if I'm not mistaken. I don't remember him walking this way in KH2, and certainly not in Re:CoM where he walks relatively normally. I'm glad they fixed it though, it's hard to un-imagine things after hearing what my friend had to say about it.

soranjaxx

I was just think about the way he walks the other day when I was playing. His running looks normal but he walks like he has a stick up his butt ;)

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Sora has a pimp stride~

I just chalk it up to his enormous banana shoes. Have you ever seen Sora cosplayers try to walk when they make their shoes just as big? It can be a sight. His puffy pumpkin pants probably don't help either. His outfit just wasn't meant so much for functionality than it was style.

Light

faster than
Awards

Eh, just poor coding that they didn't have time to fix, I guess. I noticed a few times that people's hair would stick out of bandannas, or like in one of the Deep Jungle scenes... I swear Clayton's head moved through the tent. Things like that bother me.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

Sora has a pimp stride~

I just chalk it up to his enormous banana shoes. Have you ever seen Sora cosplayers try to walk when they make their shoes just as big? It can be a sight. His puffy pumpkin pants probably don't help either. His outfit just wasn't meant so much for functionality than it was style.

Actually yeah. After seeing him walk in recom I think his KH1 walk has more character.

Its not simply poor coding as lightanddark puts it.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I'm not very sure. If memory serves me right, KH1 is the only instance where Sora did that swag-walk. In all of the other games, the characters (not just Sora) walk rather normally. Probably it's just poor coding in KH1.

Well, Roxas' walking gait can actually be quite weird too sometimes, similar to KH1 Sora.

Gram

Banned
Awards
The only time I found his stride odd was in Re:CoM.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm not very sure. If memory serves me right, KH1 is the only instance where Sora did that swag-walk. In all of the other games, the characters (not just Sora) walk rather normally. Probably it's just poor coding in KH1.

Well, Roxas' walking gait can actually be quite weird too sometimes, similar to KH1 Sora.
It's an animation. There was some amount of intent, and they could've fixed it in the original final mix if they felt it was too weird or broken then.

Honestly, RECOM looks a little weird for being *too* normal.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It's an animation.

Not sure why I wrote coding, but yeah, you're right. It's animation.

Well, I personally like the normal gait better, although by no means I hate the swag-walk. Although unnatural, it does look entertaining.

And probably... by this, the devs wanted to show us the, you know, happy-go-lucky personality that Sora had back in KH1 where he was just a boy who liked messing around on the beach with his friends. After what happened to him and his friends, he became more serious, reflected from the more normal gait.

Eh, I don't know. I think that's just me trying too hard to link things. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back