• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I need help on my career!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-keyblade

I live in the dark the dark lives in the shadows a
Ok people ever since i first played kh1 i was a big square enix fan and ive decided to work for square enix by going to japan can you guys give me any hints on what classes or courses i should take to work there?????? Im going to high school in a year and i dont know what classes or clubs or extra curriculum i have to take can you guys tell me cause i think too much for a almost 13 year old and i must know!!!

x3pic

S-E Japan..doesn't let people from America work for them i don't think..or so ive heard..not sure
umm..you can try S-E USA

Kingdom2917

Im so cool, I can STILL receive rep
Website
www.myspace.com
Math is a must, art classes, if your school has a class take a 3d animation course. mainly stay with computer classes. and of course you will need to learn Japanese.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Oh boy. Fun fun. I apologize if I come off as mean, but it's really the truth, my dear.

1. Square is a whore and probably wouldn't let Americans work over there else than like...translator or something.
2. Have fun learning Japanese.
3. I had the same dream in 8th grade and look at me now.
4. Your high school, if it's actually a cool one should have computer classes, clubs and all sorts of things for aspiring game designers. Your school should also have guidance counselors to help you through the school to find what you want to do and what you should do to acquire it. They may point you straight to Computer I though, so good luck. Just push through it. The cool classes come after that usually...
5. You're better off trying to find a company in America...Hell. Make your own company. Go big. No one wants to mop the floors of some Japanese building for the rest of their life.

-Arcana-X-

I can see right through all your empty lies
I'm interested as well. And yeah, I'm entering high school as well. I'm felt what you're feeling right now when I was doing scheduling.

But first, you have to start off small and start learning some programming. You have to decided whether you aim for designing the game or coding the game. I'm aiming to be a programmer.

You should learn some computer languages, like HTML, which is used for making websites, and C++, the main video gaming coding language. You could learn HTML on your own, C++ you might need a little help. There's tons of websites on the internet. Game Programming, An Introduction - GameCareerGuide.com

If not, go into the designing field. Would you like to design the box, characters, etc.? Be familiar with programs like Photoshop, Paint Shop etc. If there's any drawing, graphic design classes, take them.

For clubs, take anything computer or art related. Maybe a Digital Photography club etc.

Don't go off to Japan yet. There's still lots to worry about, like SATs O_O.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
I thought the branch over here was called SE NA, as in North America.
Really, all advice at this point is useless until you tell us what exact part of game making you want to do.

3. I had the same dream in 8th grade and look at me now.
Because you're clearly as good as it gets, and dreams of not being as inept as you are plain balderdash, isn't that right?

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
When I buy out S-E I'll hire you there if you bring good resources to the table.

Oh yeah... Laugh now.... heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back