• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► I Stammer...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Masamune

Big Boss
lol! great advice guys thanks! but one things for sure the guy i punched wont open his mouth ever again!

btw, thanx for being there guys! You ROCK!!!

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol! great advice guys thanks! but one things for sure the guy i punched wont open his mouth ever again!

btw, thanx for being there guys! You ROCK!!!

ya see? a punch or two solves everything.

another problem, solved by me teh great urashima

ill be seein ya

Little_Red

betch.
Ohh crap,, i punched someone today at school >.< . they were cracking jokes at me in front of this girl i like :wub: .. so i leapt at them and landed 4 punches straight to the eye...:cursing:

that great for you, did you get in trouble or anything? or did they fight back? at my school, the teachers and administrators wait until the students are done fighting and they just talk to them...

Masamune

Big Boss
well luckily the admin or teacher weren't informed...

ya see? a punch or two solves everything.

another problem, solved by me teh great urashima

ill be seein ya

thanx alot, but a punch wont stop everybody *sigh* thanx anyway!

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thelonepickle, if you have a problem with your back, I highly recommend you see a chiropractor like I do

www.chiropractic.org

No.

"Why fight, when you can negotiate?" - Jack Sparrow

cause r1ku already tried, and the teachers dont give a crap from what it seems, so that was a more of a last resort thing really.

did you even read the entire thread?

Masamune

Big Boss
^ yeah i've managed to shut a few!

cause r1ku already tried, and the teachers dont give a crap from what it seems, so that was a more of a last resort thing really.

did you even read the entire thread?

don't blame him. he has good advice. But Dogen I've tried the jack sparrow way and it didn't work so I'm going for the Keitaro Urashima way.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
lol, I think it's a confidence thing as much as anything else, R1KU. The fact is that you're probably quite nervous when you talk, because you feel pressured to not to stammer. If you build your self-confidence, then you will feel more calm when talking which should in turn help you to speak more fluently.

If it is TOO problematic, then speech therapy is also an option.

I have friends who also stammer, but the best thing to do as a listener is to be utterly patient, making sure that you are giving the speaker your full attention so they feel at ease. The people making fun of you sound totally inconsiderate. I don't think it's a remotely funny thing either, but I think as you grow up, people will tease you less and less about it.

Hope it gets better for you <3

Masamune

Big Boss
^ thank you for the advice ER.

btw, i have used speech therapy, didnt help a lot.

T

the loose moose

its not stammering
its giving your words a little drum roll

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Most therapy is bull anyway. I had a friend who went to counselling, but he's still a madman. A MADMAN!!!
Oh snap. xD

I have a friend who goes to counseling, but she is still insane in the kind of "kill everything" way.

Yes, sometimes counseling actually worsens the problem. The irony.

Joy

Bronze Member
Now thats what im talking about!

If they continue on, dont just not let them live, make them suffer in hell to!

okay maybe not that...but basically just teach them whose in charge

Please get out of this thread. No one appreciates you telling the thread starter to start a fight.

For the stammering, I've never experienced it. I would say tell them to stop, but then you'd probably stutter, therefore them making fun of you more. Hmm, maybe try what others have said. Just keep calm and maybe report it to the principal if it keeps going on.

Masamune

Big Boss
Oh snap. xD

I have a friend who goes to counseling, but she is still insane in the kind of "kill everything" way.

Yes, sometimes counseling actually worsens the problem. The irony.

i hate counselors. there give stupid advice from what i've experienced.

Murasame

Ah, I used to stammer alot too, although I never really got made fun of for it.
What helped me was learning to calm down and talk slower, give my thoughts time to process, and eventually the stammering just went away, maybe it only worked for me but you could give it a try if you wanted. I hope that this helps ^_^.

Lady Aino

While bashing the someone's face in may make you feel better it won't solve the problem, let alone make things better for you.
(it feels good for about a moment and then you're like "oh s**t." Totally not worth it!!)

And I know you've probably read this about a billion times by now but the only possible thing to do is to just ignore them. Trust me I know it is hard. I've gone through something similar to what you're facing. Everyone teasing you about something is so hurtful and not doing anything about almost seems to hurt more, but trust me it's the best thing to do.

Just remember that those people are jerks who probably hate themselves and pick on others to make up for that. Don't talk to them, don't hang around them, just block em' out. Hopefully you've got some close friends you can turn to. Friends are the best when something like this is going on.

Good luck and I hope it all turns out for the best

:thumbsup:​

G

Gear

I used to stutter a lot too, I eventually grew out of it, but, just try to speak slower, and think through what your going to say, it will eventually get better, I had a point in my life, where everyone used to tease me, it wasn't fun, just ignore, they'll get bored and stop. Trust me. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back