• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

i think i know who this new boss is....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swordsaint

Well to be fair, the video you posted could also very well be a mistranslation. :/ I've seen more translated vids on that scene that said "So you are harboring another's heart inside yours... Eraqus."
see i read this as him talking TO ERAQUS as if he's harbouring terras heart, albeit he said that while terra is around.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Wasn't the translation of that line something like "Well played, Eraqus"?

Swordsaint

just to be clear i did think terra harboured eraqus. im just stating that the way fox wrote it sounds vice versa to me.

Z

Zulkir

I looked at Heartstation's, it was really strange and hard to understand. Looks like the only way I'll know is to see scene in the NA release :s

Swordsaint

something i thought of was that terra's BODY harbours eraqus' HEART but Eraqus HEART is shielding/harbouring Terra's heart from MX.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Nomura said:
-- "Also" referring to Braig!? You're holding something back there... And then there was the scene where Master Xehanort says to Terra, "It seems there is another heart already residing in your own. Well well, Eraqus."

Nomura: We've put in all kinds of foreshadowing (laughs).

That is a quote from the Famitsu Interview in February 2010. The dude asking the question links Eraqus to Terra's heart or visa versa and Nomura doesn't shoot down the idea so I doubt there is a mistranslation with both the interview and that scene and the scene that just happens to say against is the right translation. Unless thats what you want to believe.

i don't think so, if that were true then we would have had more than one heartless
Namine and Roxas just needed one heartless to come into existence. The only way I see Apprentice Xehanort having another nobody is if it is a nobody similar to Namine, seeing how Xemnas seems to be like Roxas. Other than that it doesn't work out.

Plus MX didn't release Eraqus's heart. MX attempted to kill him if not did kill him. Somehow and indicated by Nomura in an interview, the scene where Eraqus falls into Terra and disappears is an important scene. Thus hinting at Terra recieving Eraqus in some shape or form.

Nomura Interview said:
-- Was Master Xehanort the one who delivered the final blow to Master Eraqus?

Nomura: Because it was necessary to avoid showing such a cruel scene, it's difficult to tell from the presentation, but that's right. Terra saw this happen right in front of his eyes, so when he realised at the Keyblade Graveyard that Master Xehanort intends to harm Ventus and Aqua, this drives him to anger, saying, "Not only my father Eraqus..." As an aside, although he says "my father", and we see from Eraqus' words that he thinks of Terra like a son, Terra and Eraqus are not actually father and son. Also, in his final moments Eraqus falls towards Terra - an important meaning is hidden in this scene.

So I think its safe to say that the video from youtube just posted was more of a mistranslation than Heartstations's. Unless you wanna say all these interviews are mistranslations :/

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
the one in youtube make more sense. i thought heartstation were confirmed to be inacurate

No, Heartstation's is more more accurate than that other person's. There should be a more updated translation somewhere...

Originally Posted by Nomura
-- "Also" referring to Braig!? You're holding something back there... And then there was the scene where Master Xehanort says to Terra, "It seems there is another heart already residing in your own. Well well, Eraqus."

Nomura: We've put in all kinds of foreshadowing (laughs).

Totally forgot about that interview. Well, that clears everything up.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Namine and Roxas just needed one heartless to come into existence. The only way I see Apprentice Xehanort having another nobody is if it is a nobody similar to Namine, seeing how Xemnas seems to be like Roxas. Other than that it doesn't work out.

Plus MX didn't release Eraqus's heart. MX attempted to kill him if not did kill him. Somehow and indicated by Nomura in an interview, the scene where Eraqus falls into Terra and disappears is an important scene. Thus hinting at Terra recieving Eraqus in some shape or form.

So I think its safe to say that the video from youtube just posted was more of a mistranslation than Heartstations's. Unless you wanna say all these interviews are mistranslations :/

uhmmm...can you show how that interview directly contradicts the other translations?

Namine isn't composed the same way roxas is. and again, i call it both master eraqus and terra's nobody because although it belongs to master eraqus, it actually belongs to a heart (master eraqus) that is connected to another (terra's). again, Roxas is a perfect example and why he fained in castle oblivion.

no it's more technically master eraqus nobody, but since his heart is being harbored by terra. Also it's not even necessary for MX to attempt to release his heart, the point is, master eraqus heart is no longer in his body and soul.

I'm assuming nomura made this boss to explain the scene better. but not necessary to understand later on.

as for sign, heartstation is usually accurate, but as for the secret ending scene, no they aren't. i'm sure there is amore accurate cutscene, but not so sure right now

Wintertide

Sp00ky GuRl
Awards
Pshh. You mom's the new boss. I think its Ansem the Wise. Just Because.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
uhmmm...can you show how that interview directly contradicts the other translations?

Namine isn't composed the same way roxas is. and again, i call it both master eraqus and terra's nobody because although it belongs to master eraqus, it actually belongs to a heart (master eraqus) that is connected to another (terra's). again, Roxas is a perfect example and why he fained in castle oblivion.

no it's more technically master eraqus nobody, but since his heart is being harbored by terra. Also it's not even necessary for MX to attempt to release his heart, the point is, master eraqus heart is no longer in his body and soul.

I'm assuming nomura made this boss to explain the scene better. but not necessary to understand later on.

as for sign, heartstation is usually accurate, but as for the secret ending scene, no they aren't. i'm sure there is amore accurate cutscene, but not so sure right now

I'm not talking about what Namine is composed of because as of now she isn't really composed of anything. What matters is how she came to be. Sora released his heart and became a heartless, in this process two beings were made, Namine and Roxas. One person spawned one heartless and two nobodies. Now Apprentice Xehanort to our knowledge spawned one heartless and one nobody, thus why I said maybe this guy could have been the other nobody seeing how Xehanort and Sora are alike and yet they lack the same trait of a second nobody. unless you stand by the idea of their heart fusing to only make one nobody and one heartless.

Secondly, the interviews meaning more than one source is hinting to Eraqus and Terra's hearts being linked/harbored/connected however way you want to put while the vid that some are claiming had a better translation only mentions Eraqus by saying, "So you're even going against Eraqus." while these interviews and heartstations interpretation are hinting to Eraqus and Terra's hearts are resonating with each other. There's your contradiction right there.

Allister Rose

French Lover
I'm not talking about what Namine is composed of because as of now she isn't really composed of anything. What matters is how she came to be. Sora released his heart and became a heartless, in this process two beings were made, Namine and Roxas. One person spawned one heartless and two nobodies. Now Apprentice Xehanort to our knowledge spawned one heartless and one nobody, thus why I said maybe this guy could have been the other nobody seeing how Xehanort and Sora are alike and yet they lack the same trait of a second nobody. unless you stand by the idea of their heart fusing to only make one nobody and one heartless.

Secondly, the interviews meaning more than one source is hinting to Eraqus and Terra's hearts being linked/harbored/connected however way you want to put while the vid that some are claiming had a better translation only mentions Eraqus by saying, "So you're even going against Eraqus." while these interviews and heartstations interpretation are hinting to Eraqus and Terra's hearts are resonating with each other. There's your contradiction right there.
the last quote really contradicted nothing. Anyways, it took two hearts to create namine and roxas despite using one body and soul. heart's fusing would yes, make one heartless, one nobody. but the nobody recognizes both the hearts (since they are fused) as their original despite one of them being the official somebody of that nobody.

the same would apply to this. but it can be fused and harbored. i hate to call it a namine -like nobody because it's the opposite of her. This nobody is composed of something (eraqus's body and soul) but since eraqus heart is being harbored by terra, it recognizes it as his aswell.

but for now let's just say it's only master eraqus just to not strain to much thought into since this is only an optional boss.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
the last quote really contradicted nothing. Anyways, it took two hearts to create namine and roxas despite using one body and soul. heart's fusing would yes, make one heartless, one nobody. but the nobody recognizes both the hearts (since they are fused) as their original despite one of them being the official somebody of that nobody.

the same would apply to this. but it can be fused and harbored. i hate to call it a namine -like nobody because it's the opposite of her. This nobody is composed of something (eraqus's body and soul) but since eraqus heart is being harbored by terra, it recognizes it as his aswell.

but for now let's just say it's only master eraqus just to not strain to much thought into since this is only an optional boss.

So you're saying that this is Eraqus's body and soul. Not Eraqus heart leaving appretice Xehanort but Eraqus's heart when it left his own body making a perfectly normal nobody? So its strictly Eraqus's nobody, that's what you mean?

Allister Rose

French Lover
So you're saying that this is Eraqus's body and soul. Not Eraqus heart leaving appretice Xehanort but Eraqus's heart when it left his own body making a perfectly normal nobody? So its strictly Eraqus's nobody, that's what you mean?

Sorry if i confused you, but yes. i did make the theory so it was connected to terra and MX. which explains the similar dual blades.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Sorry if i confused you, but yes. i did make the theory so it was connected to terra and MX. which explains the similar dual blades.

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood you. That's possible I guess, and it does help that Nomura said something important happened during the scene when Eraqus fell into Terra so maybe his nobody was made.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well my theory is that when MX used terra's darkness (making him fall into darkness along with eraqus) his heart would be in a heartless state due to his heart being in sleep and surrounded in darkness.

so his heart being in a heartless state could allow his body and soul to turn into a nobody. but the only problem with the theory is timeline issues. so i'm not really trying to convince anyone anymore other than the possibility

Relix

A traveler
Awards
well my theory is that when MX used terra's darkness (making him fall into darkness along with eraqus) his heart would be in a heartless state due to his heart being in sleep and surrounded in darkness.

so his heart being in a heartless state could allow his body and soul to turn into a nobody. but the only problem with the theory is timeline issues. so i'm not really trying to convince anyone anymore other than the possibility

Gotcha. Timeline is kinda of an issue though thats true. He could have been lying in wait, I mean Lingering Sentiment's been doing the same for like 10 years and counting.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Gotcha. Timeline is kinda of an issue though thats true. He could have been lying in wait, I mean Lingering Sentiment's been doing the same for like 10 years and counting.

but then again...it could have happened the moment xehanort took over and fought Lingering Sentiment....oh well. i'm just going to say it's possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back