• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I think KH2 would've been more interesting if...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
I was playing KH RE:COM when i realized KH2 wouldve been more interesting if they completely dropped Maleficent as leader of the heartless and brought in a new leader.

Thoughts? Agreements? Disagreements?

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
LOL, I dun understand how playing RE:COM made you realised that.

I disagree with you. Maleficent will always be one of the major villians of the KH series,and besides, we have enough new villians in KH2, don't you think? Besides, she is rather important. It is her pride and enormous ego that drives her to do the things she did and hence affected the events in the game. A new character with different traits would have driven the story into another direction.

No, KH2 won't be any more interesting if Maleficent is dropped. Heck, the Horned King from the Black Cauldron could have been the new villian and it still won't make a difference. The true villians of that game is the Organisation, and what we got from KH2 was crap because we don't get to see much of them until the very end. Having a new Heartless leader won't change anything. The Organisation's appearance would still be minimal and the worlds will still be detached from the overall plot. Maleficent is not the cause of KH2's failure, unless you count the method of her resurruction as a plot hole.

pokepotterkhkids

Website
www.freewebs.com
LOL, I dun understand how playing RE:COM made you realised that.

I disagree with you. Maleficent will always be one of the major villians of the KH series,and besides, we have enough new villians in KH2, don't you think? Besides, she is rather important. It is her pride and enormous ego that drives her to do the things she did and hence affected the events in the game. A new character with different traits would have driven the story into another direction.

No, KH2 won't be any more interesting if Maleficent is dropped. Heck, the Horned King from the Black Cauldron could have been the new villian and it still won't make a difference. The true villians of that game is the Organisation, and what we got from KH2 was crap because we don't get to see much of them until the very end. Having a new Heartless leader won't change anything. The Organisation's appearance would still be minimal and the worlds will still be detached from the overall plot. Maleficent is not the cause of KH2's failure, unless you count the method of her resurruction as a plot hole.

auctually i was battling dragon maleficent when i realized it

I for one was rather upset at the fact that maleficent was resureccted. I only meant it wouldve been more interesting as to, there would be a new bad guy with new intentions. As much as I love Organization XIII, they did get their time as new villans in Chain of Memories. I only meant it as to, looking at it that way, there really werent any new main villans in Kh2. Theres Pete, but he's so dumb i dont think he counts.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
I for one was rather upset at the fact that maleficent was resureccted. I only meant it wouldve been more interesting as to, there would be a new bad guy with new intentions. As much as I love Organization XIII, they did get their time as new villans in Chain of Memories.

Only half of the Org did in Chain of Memories. Basically, only three to five Org members played major roles in Sora's and Riku's stories individually, which gave them ample screentime and more time for us to see their personalities. The Org in KH2 did not have that privilige, since they did not appear much. Yes, the Org members in COM served their purpose as villians already, but not the KH2 ones since we barely know anything about them. Hence, the need for Days for us to truly delve deeper into their individual personalities.

I only meant it as to, looking at it that way, there really werent any new main villans in Kh2. Theres Pete, but he's so dumb i dont think he counts

I meant there were many new villians as in the individual Organisation members. We must not look at the Organisation as a whole as the villians, but the individual characters that make up the Organisation. It'll be much more interesting if we gain insights into each individual member's personalities and motives instead of a new villian whose motives would remain the same as Maleficent's. We can't get a new villian with new motives aside from world domination, since the Org basically covered that, what with them intending to use Kingdom Hearts only to become whole. That isn't something you would expect a normal villian to do, would you? Having a new vilian with completely different motives from the Org or aside from world domination would make the story too convulted.

K

KHLover89

didn't we already have a thread like this, where people wrote what they thought would of been better for the KH2 game.

plus Malifecent will never be gone, she's to good to be gone. I like her laugh XD

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
I actually wish that they would have used Maleficent more in KH2. There was potential there, and I don't think it was used to its full extent.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
I actually wish that they would have used Maleficent more in KH2. There was potential there, and I don't think it was used to its full extent.

Maleficent was actually rather important in KH2. Most of the events in the first visits to all the worlds were indirectly caused by her, she initiated the Heartless War onto Hollow Bastion and she provided safe passage for Sora- twice.
KH2 also showed how delusional she can get with her pride, and that is good as we know more about her personality.
The thing is, she took a backseat to Pete, whom we see in almost every world before the Heartless War while she herself interfered in only Halloween Town and Disney Castle. Not to mention the fact that she completely disappeared after the Heartless War, only to suddenly appear in the World that Never Was. More details should have been given to explain how she came to find the castle, and what was she doing during the 2nd visits to all the worlds.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
Maleficent was important, that's definitely true. But, like you said, she completely disappeared. I still don't understand where her castle was, it would have been interesting to at least have been able to explore that area.

I didn't really want to fight her, but confrontation would have at least been nice.

Like you said, she was gone forever, then like "hai guize, thats a nice castle. i wants it"

D:

Axelmarmar

Why fight her again for the forth time. I mean it would get a little redundant unless her powers increased and she would be more of a challenge and had different abilities.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I was playing KH RE:COM when i realized KH2 wouldve been more interesting if they completely dropped Maleficent as leader of the heartless and brought in a new leader.

Lol, Maleficent was barley shown in re:CoM, I fail to see how playing that made you just realize that.
Although Ansem SoD was leader of the Heartless(but I guess after he "died" she took over) I disagree with you. Maleficent is one of the most important antagonists, and she's obviously playing a bigger role in future games(BBS and KH3)

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I say Maleficent should've been seen more in KHII, not dropped completely. As The Lionheart has stated, she had some real potential there.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Man truthfully we could dwell on subjects like this into forever. I could compare KH2 to Yu-gi-oh GX and Pokemon Advanced that's how bad it was. Really the best part of the game was Roxas part after that it sucked till the end.

In fact with KH: BBS they better come with it or this series will be dead. I don't need no more of the gayness KH2 was.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Unrealised potential, didn't need to be dropped, like <insert name here> already said, etc.

anti-form137

Maleficent did suck in KH2, but I would've liked it if she recreated that whole villains alliance from the first game. so then all the worlds other than Twilight Town, The World That Never Was, and Radiant Garden wouldn't have been useless

A

Azrael

Kingdom Hearts II would be more interesting if they had more interesting leaders fighting on Maleficent's side like Mozenrath, etc.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I thought Maleficent was alright. I didn't mind battling her again. What villian would you have in mind if you didn't want Maleficent in the second game anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back