• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Idea For A PokeRP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
YouTube - Pokémon Apokélypse: Live Action Trailer HD
The above video is meant to be a reference. Elements from it will/have been applied to the idea, but it is mostly unconnected to the loop in terms of characters.

Basically, a friend of mine showed me the video above, of a more mature, and darker looking Pokemon series. Said friend likened it to Pokemon being regarded as Cock fighting. The first thing that I really thought of upon seeing the video was a "this looks a lot like a fight club sort of deal." And maybe it's not quite a fight club sort of thing, but still, I got an idea for an RP setting, with a definite plot pending. Here are just a few notes to go off of.

- Pokemon rights activists have essentially seized power within the Pokeworld's governments. Most of them being extremists in their views, the new regime was cause for various laws being passed to ban Pokemon battles. Anyone caught battling, or training for battle, is subject to punishment as seen fit by courts.

- Pokemon trainers are considered rogues by the essentially "brainwashed" or rather, "ass-kissing" or "safe-playing" general public, and the government itself. So, for the most part, there are few places where a known trainer can find safe refuge.

- Secret Pokemon battles are held, and all battling has fallen under a widespread mob rule, with a Rocket-esque organization running the show. All battles are held in the undergrounds etc. of the world. Trainers will essentially gather (usually in small numbers) in whatever place they can find that's out of the way.

- Money has become a larger motivator of trainers, as well as the mobs that organize the battles. Not only do trainers put up their own wagers against each other, but spectators as well, place bets on the likely winners of the battles. Occassionally, the rulling mob force(s) plan out fixed fights, with under-the-table payments being distributed to those trainers who take the fall.

- The 'Pokemon Journey' for a trainer in this new world, consists of a more drifting lifestyle, moving from city to city on the basis of where there is money and glory to be had in the rings.

- As stated in some cases (in the games at least), the underground scene has greater capacity for violence than the common battling scene. While being significantly inferior in terms of epicness, Pokemon battles in the underground are, by nature, more brutal and underhanded.

- Due to the strict laws working against Pokemon training, the only trainers that remain are those who started their journey prior to the full effects of the laws being put into effect. Few to no new trainers come into the world.

If anyone has anything to contribute, this is the place to do it, I guess.

Perception╘Truth

Deception is Truth, Verity is Lying
Awards
In and out of what is real and what is true
I'm liking the idea. My only question is, would there be like gym leaders, or in this case, city champions that dominate a certain city's arena? And would they be possible as playable characters? Also, would trainers have multiple or just one pokemon?

Jozi

Du-dun-dananana Calibrations!
Perception╘Truth;5326021 said:
I'm liking the idea. My only question is, would there be like gym leaders, or in this case, city champions that dominate a certain city's arena? And would they be possible as playable characters? Also, would trainers have multiple or just one pokemon?

Something that would be cool to see would be that instead of the characters being 'the new trainers around the block', they would instead be trainers that have already accomplished mainstream success. So they could already have six mid. level pokemon.

The RP could take place in a large Stadium, where everything you have stated takes place.

Shinra

Banned
Awards
sounds good... it's kinda like Pokemon meets the real world...

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
I like it. Though I have suggestions.

1 or 2 pkmn per trainer. (Reason: since battling is outlawed theres no need for 6 but ppl are still able to keep them as pets or something)
I'm guessing that Team Rocket will be the "pokemon gang" that exploits pkmn so have an opposing team (sort of like Team Plasma/PKMN Rangers combined) that wants pkmn rights.
No gym leaders (but the idea of having gym leaders that are old and remembers the old days)

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I rather like the idea of a city champion in place of a Gym Leader. It stays true to the original while going with the flow of the new version.

And I guess with something like the Elite Four, it could be champs that are hired into the organization as execs or something.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Alright. This'll be the condensed response to everything, seeing as my more elaborate rundown was lost with my browser going on the fritz. Hopefully this'll satisfy the questions.

- Considering the nature of Pokemon battles for this RP, "arenas" are pretty much held where ever a secluded space can be found. Sometimes it's in the underground areas of cities (IE - Goldenrod's underground, etc), sometimes they manage to find places out in the wilderness to battle (mountain ranges, deep within caves, abandoned islands, and the like).

- Pokemon trainers have either two or three Pokemon. It's only on rare occasions that someone shows up with more than that, and on that note, they usually got them by some underhanded means. Since spacious arenas are a hard to come by for regular fighting, Pokemon are smaller ones in size (it's not likely that someone will pull out an Onix in a city back alley).

- The "gang" exploiting the trainers and Pokemon is similar to Team Rocket, though not quite the same deal... I'm actually bearing down on more precise nature of what said group will be. I'm personally liking what I've got in mind, if that counts for anything.

- "Champion" will be a term used in a loose sense. There are hardcore trainers in the undergrounds, and basically, within a given area with regulars, a small group has become renowned as such.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
I like this idea. A lot.

Would we start out as experienced trainers since little to no new trainers ever surface?

Chromatic

Become
Awards
I like this idea. A lot.

Would we start out as experienced trainers since little to no new trainers ever surface?

That is the plan. On the whole, trainers that remain active under the new underground methods are the ones who made it significantly far on their Pokemon journeys. Most of them at least got through their home region's Elite Four.

Kiba

Ours is the Fury
Awards
Hm, okay. Well like I said, it looks very interesting.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Alrighty, I've got a full weekend of holding out at home, which should give me time to think up a few plotish ideas. And also, I would like someone to help out as a co-manager, mainly someone to bounce some more detailed thoughts off of, and help keep the ducks all in a row.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
omg the movie looks like ass but the concept sounds great. If you make it or have made it, I'm in!

Dr_Mario64

Luv the trailer! Not sure how I feel about the CG. Best part: they made Team Rocket badass! (Don't understand why Meowth wasn't talking.) I'd gladly sign up for this as it looks equally badass. This is my first roleplay, however. Could someone give me a sort of "Roleplay 101"? Also, I have one suggestion. You all forgot about the Pokemon League. Since battles are now outlawed it would stand to reason that the Pokemon League has been decommissioned in the Kanto region. My idea is that legues from other regions are fighting to have this law repealed and re legalize Pokemon battling. I can see this as another major plot point.

Last edited:

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
The CGI for the trailer was crap. But I'm liking the idea of it. Like we push Pokemon to the edge and only made them tools for fighting just like Team Rocket had planned to do ever since. Like we as humans just use Pokemon for own gain for amusement or for wars. They have a power that we are willing trying to control while others see these guys as living beings with emotions and feelings like we do.

But are we really keeping the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four members? And also the regions for that matter?

Dr_Mario64

The CGI for the trailer was crap. But I'm liking the idea of it. Like we push Pokemon to the edge and only made them tools for fighting just like Team Rocket had planned to do ever since. Like we as humans just use Pokemon for own gain for amusement or for wars. They have a power that we are willing trying to control while others see these guys as living beings with emotions and feelings like we do.

But are we really keeping the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four members? And also the regions for that matter?

At least keep the Pokemon League. I can see it playing a major role.

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Pokemon League could be like the Judges in FFTA or Big shot trainers that rule the streets of Kanto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back