• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

idea for getting Wreck it Ralph into kh4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Sonofjafar

Awards
picture this: Sora, Donald, and Goofy arrive in Game Central Station where characters from various games gather to board the next train to Litwick Arcade's latest game, a fighter game where all characters are welcome to fight for the title of Ultimate Smasher. Sora and co get on the train to this paricular game world and meet Ralph and Vannelope. they talk for a bit and soon arrive at the Ultimate Colosseum. After some exposition, Sora realizes that this place is just like the Colosseum in Olympus and quickly enters. From there, you are free to enter cups that will feature special crossover bosses that are different depending on whether you are playing on Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo.

Edit: and for added fun, throw in indie game bosses in the PC version

Soldier

Awards
A good idea on paper, but not so much in execution.

Bear in mind, the original Wreck-It-Ralph is effectively this generation's Roger Rabbit (that is, at least in terms of intellectual properties crossing over, Bowser and Eggman are just like Mickey and Bugs Bunny in that regard, you never see them separately). While most of the IP owners (Nintendo, Capcom, etc.) were largely okay with their inclusion as they were constantly updated on how the movie is going, their characters, their designs, their speaking roles (Zangief in particular, as he's portrayed as a drunk since he allegedly frequents Tapper's). As such, the process went by rather smoothly compared to Warner Bros's strict demands of every Warner character has to have the exact same amount of screen time as Disney characters, hence why most of the background characters in toon town are of Disney origin).

Kingdom Hearts on the other hand, is another matter. Square Enix itself is very difficult to work with, as evidenced by Cloud, Sephiroth and recently Sora's inclusion in Smash. Whereas a lot of IP owners are generally thrilled to work with Sakurai and his team and are willing to remix a lot of music, update their characters and provide whatever Nintendo needs, Square Enix is less inclined to do so. Cloud being available in Smash Ultimate from the get-go is a good example of this, where many characters have multiple spirits from their respective IPs (even Castlevania provides multiple spirits based off of enemies, past characters and even obscure titles like Kid Dracula) Cloud didn't have any of that.

He had fighter spirits, one of his FF7 attire, and advent Children attire, that's it until Sephiroth came into the picture.

So while your idea shows creativity and a way to add a colosseum mode WITHOUT adding Olympus again (which I wholeheartedly support mind you) it's not entirely feasible given the reputation Square has amassed.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Wreck-It Ralph should be a re-telling of the first film's plot (ignore KHUX a la Atlantica in KH2). They can skip all the other real video games (or replace them with Square Enix games or Verum Rex) and focus mainly on Sugar Rush/Fix-It Felix/Hero's Duty.

And throw in a King Candy fight and Kingdom Karts mini-game.

They could do something ridiculously over-the-top though... maybe have Fix-It Felix be a video game in the "real world" and have Sora visit Game Central Station/Fix-It Felix while he is in Quadratum. Then whoever sees Fix-It Felix in the "real world" will notice Sora in the game and try to reach him.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They're probably adapting the sequel for the next time the world appears. Granted, how you would adapt Ralph Breaks the Internet is a mystery to me. So many internet, pop culture & Disney references that it would be a nightmare to make sense in KH lore but it's probably the intention.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
They're probably adapting the sequel for the next time the world appears. Granted, how you would adapt Ralph Breaks the Internet is a mystery to me. So many internet, pop culture & Disney references that it would be a nightmare to make sense in KH lore but it's probably the intention.
They could probably do the internet world and include fake websites that resemble real ones. Then they can do the DISNEY section which can show that all the DISNEY characters are from films/TV shows in Quadratum.

Sonofjafar

Awards
They could probably do the internet world and include fake websites that resemble real ones. Then they can do the DISNEY section which can show that all the DISNEY characters are from films/TV shows in Quadratum.
Then Kingdom Hearts would be The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for Disney. Everything’s canon no matter how much it doesn’t make sense

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
They did it in KH2 with no explanation whatsoever for Atlantica.
It wasn't really a reboot then because they didn't tell the film's plot the 1st time around.

And also the writing in KH2's Atlantica was dumb and should never be an inspiration to anything.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
They did it in KH2 with no explanation whatsoever for Atlantica.
Atlantica was a skippable world in both games and didn't house the climactic scenes of either games, or, you know, a death scene where the main character seemingly dies and reincarnates into the series' antagonist.

I know KH2 Atlantica didn't actually ignore KH1 completely and you're probably suggesting that WiR should only ignore the world's plotline from KHUX and not the entire thing, I just find that unlikely given everything that happened in those tubes.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It wasn't really a reboot then because they didn't tell the film's plot the 1st time around.

And also the writing in KH2's Atlantica was dumb and should never be an inspiration to anything.
Yeah, but either they wrote Ariel to be extremely dumb or they just pretended KH1 never happened (which is impossible since Ariel remembers Sora). How can they have Ariel not remember basically giving Ursula the trident in KH1 and that being bad?

If you look at it from a gamer's perspective, we did that plot 3 times - KH1, CoM and KH2 with no issue whatsoever.

I don't think the film plot of Wreck-It Ralph should be lost to a mobile game that less than 25% of the KH fandom ever played, let alone cared about.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Maybe we could just have a whole game dedicated to Sora and Co entering worlds based on various Disney video games (Examples: the NES Disney Afternoon games, the of Illusion series, and Epic Mickey) with Game Central Station as a hub area

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, the Disney worlds aren't really about telling cohesive stories from one title to another, they're simply there to involve a popular property most people like. That's why when people say Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin, etc. are "done"--uh, no, they'll never truly be done, because the movies themselves will always be popular properties which make them useful as ways to advertise the series over largely forgotten properties like Atlantis or Treasure Planet or The Black Cauldron.

They can easily handwave an excuse to re-enact bosses that are currently dead. In KH especially, nobody is ever really gone for good it seems....which makes things very flexible as far as picking worlds go.

Sonofjafar

Awards
Yeah, the Disney worlds aren't really about telling cohesive stories from one title to another, they're simply there to involve a popular property most people like. That's why when people say Beauty and the Beast or Aladdin, etc. are "done"--uh, no, they'll never truly be done, because the movies themselves will always be popular properties which make them useful as ways to advertise the series over largely forgotten properties like Atlantis or Treasure Planet or The Black Cauldron.

They can easily handwave an excuse to re-enact bosses that are currently dead. In KH especially, nobody is ever really gone for good it seems....which makes things very flexible as far as picking worlds go.
Tbf, Out if the three examples you listed, Treasure Planet in particular could have been bigger if Disney executives hadn’t sabatoged the marketing due to a particular animation technique being seen as so expensive they could afford to let the movie become successful enough for people to want more of it.

Edit: also Black Cauldron could have been more successful at the cost of being more dark if Katzenberg hadn’tbpoorly edited the film himself, messing up everything

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

EXACTLY. I hate that people complain about fighting Jafar or Ursula again or going back to iconic films like The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast.

With all the inconsistencies and stretches of disbelief the KH series asks for, I honestly cannot believe people are so wound up and pissed off at the idea of going back to Agrabah or Atlantica in modern day graphics. If anything, people just be MORE excited to see those worlds because those films had such beautiful animation. Not only that, but even to this day they are more iconic than modern day DISNEY films (or at least the string of DISNEY films released post-Renaissance).

I get why Agrabah and Wonderland got bad reps (being used as huge empty boxes in Days/coded), but people can't be that misguided to not realize that they would NOT be that in modern KH games. On top of all of that, a boss fight with actual iconic DISNEY villains would be amazing. Davey Jones was a cool fight and all, but just imagine actually fighting a proper Snake or Genie Jafar or what they could do with Giant Ursula with modern tech.

Not only that, but it would actually be cool to see Sora chat with friends that he ACTUALLY became friendly with and have history with. Sora spent a ton of time with Aladdin and Jasmine was a PoH. There's history that can be used. It would actually be an interesting take, instead of Sora always meeting new people like in KH3 especially when the friendships don't grow like they did in past games (looking at you Elsa).

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Yeah, but either they wrote Ariel to be extremely dumb or they just pretended KH1 never happened (which is impossible since Ariel remembers Sora). How can they have Ariel not remember basically giving Ursula the trident in KH1 and that being bad?

If you look at it from a gamer's perspective, we did that plot 3 times - KH1, CoM and KH2 with no issue whatsoever.

I don't think the film plot of Wreck-It Ralph should be lost to a mobile game that less than 25% of the KH fandom ever played, let alone cared about.
Still in the bargaining stage of grief? It doesn't work the same for WiR because it's plotline is more directly tied into UX's story. That story is gonna continue on in future games, it's been setup to be. Therefore it is pretty much impossible to rationalize WiR being resetted when the main plot won't.

You need to let this go already, what's done is done. If anything they're more likely to do a remake or port of UX to consoles and you'll get to play the world that way.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Still in the bargaining stage of grief? It doesn't work the same for WiR because it's plotline is more directly tied into UX's story. That story is gonna continue on in future games, it's been setup to be. Therefore it is pretty much impossible to rationalize WiR being resetted when the main plot won't.

You need to let this go already, what's done is done. If anything they're more likely to do a remake or port of UX to consoles and you'll get to play the world that way.
I don't even know what the hell happened with the "main plot" in that world, so if they just re-did it again, I wouldn't be affected in the slightest. They can easily hand wave it away and say that whatever happened was a dream or it was an alternate dimension or some crap.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Listen, no one has to like KHUX, but it exists and the entire new saga is built upon it. If you don't make your peace with that, you're going to be miserable for more years to come.
I never said that I didn't like KHUX. My issue is the fact that people are so against re-hashing the film plot of Wreck-It Ralph in an actual KH game. If they re-did the film plot of WIR in KH4, most people would not care that "it was done already" in KHUX. It's easy enough to redo the film plot and ignore/explain away what happened in KHUX.

How hard is it to say that Sora encounters a different version of Game Central Station in another arcade and the film events play out again? That would actually be pretty thematic to the "destiny" theme of KH since no matter where Wreck-It Ralph goes, he always wants to be a hero and Vanellope always gets glitched due to Turbo.

Back