• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

idea for getting Wreck it Ralph into kh4

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
How hard is it to say that Sora encounters a different version of Game Central Station in another arcade and the film events play out again? That would actually be pretty thematic to the "destiny" theme of KH since no matter where Wreck-It Ralph goes, he always wants to be a hero and Vanellope always gets glitched due to Turbo.
Remarkably hard given that Square has no incentive to go so far out of their way to do such a thing other than to appease you specifically.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I have no idea why you're making it that personal, Matsgy. Did WIR scar you as a child or something?

I'm not sure why this is a hill worth dying on, but if you people haven't learned by now that KH will wipe and repeat things at will any time it pleases, then you've missed half the series. The only thing that might stop the same thing happening with WIR is that (of their recent films) it's not as popular as Frozen, Encanto, Moana, Zootopia, etc.. Most of the reasons given here about why it shouldn't be used again, I doubt would make much difference.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
EXACTLY. I hate that people complain about fighting Jafar or Ursula again or going back to iconic films like The Lion King or Beauty and the Beast.

With all the inconsistencies and stretches of disbelief the KH series asks for, I honestly cannot believe people are so wound up and pissed off at the idea of going back to Agrabah or Atlantica in modern day graphics. If anything, people just be MORE excited to see those worlds because those films had such beautiful animation. Not only that, but even to this day they are more iconic than modern day DISNEY films (or at least the string of DISNEY films released post-Renaissance).

I get why Agrabah and Wonderland got bad reps (being used as huge empty boxes in Days/coded), but people can't be that misguided to not realize that they would NOT be that in modern KH games. On top of all of that, a boss fight with actual iconic DISNEY villains would be amazing. Davey Jones was a cool fight and all, but just imagine actually fighting a proper Snake or Genie Jafar or what they could do with Giant Ursula with modern tech.

Not only that, but it would actually be cool to see Sora chat with friends that he ACTUALLY became friendly with and have history with. Sora spent a ton of time with Aladdin and Jasmine was a PoH. There's history that can be used. It would actually be an interesting take, instead of Sora always meeting new people like in KH3 especially when the friendships don't grow like they did in past games (looking at you Elsa).

My sentiments exactly! 💯 Why should Olympus be the only 2D animated classic Disney world to get the enhanced graphics, open world type treatment. I hope Agrabah makes it back, and for plenty of the reasons @Face My Fears stated. Much like Hercules, Aladdin is that other Disney world character that Sora bonded with, and has a genuine brother-like chemistry too. This also gives Jasmine something interesting to do, and she could provide important information about the new PoH since she was one of the originals...and of course I can't stress enough how much I want to have a real challenging, proper boss fight with Jafar. A two part battle, giant snake form and giant genie form. Done right that would look AMAZING in unreal engine.

Referring to Jafar, same can be said about battling Ursula in her giant form. A fight with her in enhanced graphics would make the Rock Titan battle in KH3 look like a joke by comparison. Having Atlantica return also could mean that Ariel could potentially have taken the role as one of the new seven princesses since she wasn't before. Having Atlantica come back with new improved controls for the underwater mechanics similar to Caribbean in KH3 and the beautiful, new graphics may provide some redemption to the world for those who don't want Atlantica back. I for one wish for it to return along with Agrabah. These two need to come back.

Sonofjafar

Awards
As the person who started this thread to simply show off an idea I had for a different take on the coliseum, I feel like the main subject has been pushed aside and shot down just so you can argue about WiR’e role in the series as a whole.

Gandalf-the-Wise

Awards
As the person who started this thread to simply show off an idea I had for a different take on the coliseum, I feel like the main subject has been pushed aside and shot down just so you can argue about WiR’e role in the series as a whole.

I personally think it would be interesting. The only companies I see willing to negotiate a crossover with Disney and Square Enix would be Sega and Capcom. Teaming with Sonic and Ralph against Robotnik and teaming with Ryu and Ralph against M.Bison would go up there in legendary status guest boss battles like Sephiroth.

It would be funny that after each of the boss fights there's a scene with Ralph talking casually to Bison and Robotnik. "Alright guys that was fun, quite therapeutic. See you guys later."

Sora - "you..hang out with them?"

Ralph - "yup we attend meetings together every week."

Sora - "......"

Would make for neat bonus features. KH1 still had the best variety of secret bosses followed behind by KH2's extra organization bosses.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
My sentiments exactly! 💯 Why should Olympus be the only 2D animated classic Disney world to get the enhanced graphics, open world type treatment. I hope Agrabah makes it back, and for plenty of the reasons @Face My Fears stated. Much like Hercules, Aladdin is that other Disney world character that Sora bonded with, and has a genuine brother-like chemistry too. This also gives Jasmine something interesting to do, and she could provide important information about the new PoH since she was one of the originals...and of course I can't stress enough how much I want to have a real challenging, proper boss fight with Jafar. A two part battle, giant snake form and giant genie form. Done right that would look AMAZING in unreal engine.

Referring to Jafar, same can be said about battling Ursula in her giant form. A fight with her in enhanced graphics would make the Rock Titan battle in KH3 look like a joke by comparison. Having Atlantica return also could mean that Ariel could potentially have taken the role as one of the new seven princesses since she wasn't before. Having Atlantica come back with new improved controls for the underwater mechanics similar to Caribbean in KH3 and the beautiful, new graphics may provide some redemption to the world for those who don't want Atlantica back. I for one wish for it to return along with Agrabah. These two need to come back.
Dunno if it's off topic but Ursula did come back in DDD somehow

She's been back 2 times (3 if you count Chain of Memories), what's one more time?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Now let me jerk my arcade collector brother over here *YOINK*!

If they can't get any licenses; Square Enix owns Taito, so they could use Taito games for the arcade. Would be easy to do and no licensing fees required. And it'd make sense if they used a arcade hehe.

I'm not sure what worlds would be in there yet but who knows?

Soldier

Awards
Now let me jerk my arcade collector brother over here *YOINK*!

If they can't get any licenses; Square Enix owns Taito, so they could use Taito games for the arcade. Would be easy to do and no licensing fees required. And it'd make sense if they used a arcade hehe.

I'm not sure what worlds would be in there yet but who knows?
Taito is most known for making space invaders and puzzle bobble. They have a myriad of other obscure games like sonic blast man.
1663756461042.png
Though i sincerely doubt many people (if at all) are vying for him to enter KH. Though I suppose space invaders MIGHT work, its popular enough.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Yeah it might. Also Square's arcade games might work as well. (If you can believe it, according to one source I googled when my brother Shadowneko (not his real name; I'm just using one of his online handles) Square bought Taito to get into the Japanese arcade business. And up until the pandemic, Japan was really big into arcades, bigger than the US these days.) So any Square Enix arcade games might of been Taito too in a way.

So lot of possibilities for a Wreck It Ralph arcade without having to scrape to get licenses, heck they might even be able to sneak in a demo for Dissidia. ^^

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Wreck it Ralph feels adjacent to Big Hero 6 in the 'well-liked, but not too precious to allow Square to come up with an entirely original plot' camp. WIR fits snugly into KH4's 'disparate worlds/alternate perspectives/fiction vs reality' theme, but I don't think they'd go for the first movie's plot, nor would they go through the licensing nightmare of the second movie's internet-focused story. I think the only reason anyone wants the first movie's story is to fight King Candy/Turbo, which, granted, that'd be really fun, but the rest of the story is so personal to Ralph that it feels like having Sora and friends traipsing along would only undercut the emotional journey.

I don't think ANY licensed video game characters are necessary to sell the concept, nor do I think it'd happen at all. If anything, I could see the KH version of Game Central Station being a smaller, tidier location only featuring generic made-up game characters and denizens from Fix-It-Felix, Hero's Duty and Sugar Rush. As far as a story goes, I've got nothing outside of wanting to see an edgier 2000's version of Felix (with longer limbs and more catchphrases) play the villain.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
If we specifically isolate the WiR property for the sake of a tourney world, which I'll admit was sorely lacking from KH3, then why not? I can see it be as something as simple as Sora mashing the keyboard and *poof*, he's player 1. Sora has been represented as data numerous times, so that's nothing new. Any nods to his recent inclusion in Smash would also be rad.

I don't think it needs to have much of a plot if that's the case. Just the obvious incentives, like Mirage Arena had.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Switch exclusive side game with all Nintendo worlds with GCS as the hub. It would be nice if they did try to get a few existing game properties to flesh out the world. & KH4 is decidedly bigger budget than UX so I can see them going the extra mile. Sonic & Street Fighter do so many cross-promotional stuff already that it hardly sounds too far-fetched to see them in KH (Ryu & Chun-Li are literal Power Rangers now!). And of course Space Invaders is practically a freebie.

Come to think of it, there's multiple Star Wars arcade games, an Indiana Jones one, Tron, Discs of Tron, the X-Men beat 'em up, the Avengers beat 'em up, the Simpsons beat 'em up, & a Spider-Man one. Probably even more based on Disney owned properties.

Last edited:
Back