• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Idea for San Fransokyo Introduction

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
So, it was recently mentioned in an interview that Nomura may be able to show off Big Hero 6 soon, and having coincidentally re-watched the film for the up-tillionth time, an old idea I'd had since San Fransokyo was revealed to be a world came to mind, and I thought I'd like to share it.

Something that I commend the first Kingdom Hearts for doing was having a few unique introductions for happening upon worlds via the Gummi Ship - crash-landing in Deep Jungle, being swallowed by Monstro, and being rammed by Captain Hook's pirate ship. It's something that I miss in future games, in retrospect, and that they kind of revisited with Deep Space. Seeing as how the Gummi Ship segments are now supposed to be "open world", now seems as good a time as any to perhaps dabble in the concept again.

My idea essentially boils down to having the alternate dimension from the end of Big Hero 6 function as a Gummi Ship route, maneuvering the ship through the Krei-Tech debris, fending off the Heartless as usual, and suddenly encounter the corrupted Baymax, now possessed by the Heartless, who attacks the trio and functions as a boss in the same way that Kingdom Hearts II's Gummi Missions had their own mini-bosses (like the satellite-looking enemy that pops up outside of Agrabah and Pride Lands, or the pirate ship outside Olympus).
The Dark Baymax ends up being too much for the Gummi Ship to handle (perhaps hitting a damage threshold for the boss or the Gummi Ship itself, or surviving for a certain amount of time like wave-based fights in KHII) and the group is forced to enter the world, promptly followed in by Dark Baymax. They could even potentially crash-land the Gummi Ship in the bay beside the docks? If there were any world the Gummi Ship could actually appear in and blend in relatively well, it would probably be here.

I know that it's extremely wishful thinking, wanting this to happen, but I think it would be a fun way to introduce the world.

Any thoughts on the idea? Are there any similar concepts you'd like to see implemented for other worlds, or things you would have liked to see from previous world visits?

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
I actually really like your idea for the introduction for the Big Hero 6 world and to have the Original Corrupted Baymax be not only a Boss but a Gummi Ship Boss is a very genius Idea. I could even envision how the world will play out in my head.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I like the idea! I had a similar idea for a potential Atlantis world where we would arrive in the ocean, using the Gummi ship as a submarine, and immediately be attacked by the Leviathan. I really like the idea of being thrown right into the action like that.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
My idea essentially boils down to having the alternate dimension from the end of Big Hero 6 function as a Gummi Ship route, maneuvering the ship through the Krei-Tech debris, fending off the Heartless as usual, and suddenly encounter the corrupted Baymax, now possessed by the Heartless, who attacks the trio and functions as a boss in the same way that Kingdom Hearts II's Gummi Missions had their own mini-bosses (like the satellite-looking enemy that pops up outside of Agrabah and Pride Lands, or the pirate ship outside Olympus).

The Dark Baymax ends up being too much for the Gummi Ship to handle (perhaps hitting a damage threshold for the boss or the Gummi Ship itself, or surviving for a certain amount of time like wave-based fights in KHII) and the group is forced to enter the world, promptly followed in by Dark Baymax. They could even potentially crash-land the Gummi Ship in the bay beside the docks? If there were any world the Gummi Ship could actually appear in and blend in relatively well, it would probably be here.

I know that it's extremely wishful thinking, wanting this to happen, but I think it would be a fun way to introduce the world.

Wishful thinking? nah, I think that this such a Nomura-like idea that I'd be shocked if something along the lines of this did not happen. Not only does it further emphasise the concept of "different worlds" (with some Disney worlds being harder to access in the Kingdom Hearts universe than others), but with the development team of Einhander dealing with the Gummi Ship sections, we're bound to have an end-level Gummi Ship boss for every world travel.

I always imagined meeting Dark Baymax like this.

Knuxpyro56

You basically said what i had in mind. The only difference i had was instead of crashing at the San Fransokyo docks, they gummi ship would arrive but stay flying in the air. While Sora, Donald and Goofy are trying to figure out what happened they are approached by Big Hero 6 to stand down, which starts a battle with them.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
After rewatching Big Hero 6 yesterday, I'd love to see Abigail Callaghan and Allister Keri have some involvement in the San Fransokyo plot.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
YES! To add on to your idea, maybe Sora's opening a gate ends up being the reason that the corrupted Baymax ends up terrorizing San Fransokyo in the first place! I think this would be really cool, they sorta implied in the newer trailer that we may be seeing gummi ship bosses again, but they have a new team working on just the gummi ship parts so I'm really excited to see how those are going to play out now.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
After rewatching Big Hero 6 yesterday, I'd love to see Abigail Callaghan and Allister Keri have some involvement in the San Fransokyo plot.
Depends IF they are relevant to the plot of this world, the role they play in the plot of the world and IF we get to see them. We barely got to know Abigail in the film other than the brief mention from Professor Callaghan that she has an interest in Technology and wanting to participate in bot-fighting, but I wouldn't mind if she has an expanded role for the plot of San Fransokyo compared to her small role in the film.

As for Krei, it's possible we might see him, not to mention he has a recurring role in the Television series, but like I said before, it will depend on his role for the plot of this world and IF we get to see him. The previous KH games have been infamous (well maybe not infamous just selective) on certain Disney characters from the films they originated which resulted in having them removed or written out, either due to software limitations or their relevance for the plot of the Disney world (e.g. Zazu in Pride Lands;Clopin in La Cité des Cloches; Gibbs, Pintel and Ragetti in Port Royal (KH2 only); The Troubadour, Daisy and Clarabelle for Country of the Musketeers;​ Chi-Fu, Cri-Kee and Khan for The Land of Dragons). Of course, that will be a discussion for another thread, but I definitely would like to see them in some capacity in the game.

Ashton69

Awards
I've got to say, respectfully, that your idea for the world's introduction is unlikely. The Big Hero 6 movie is filled with many epic scenes and heroes and villains. I want to see a bad guy kidnap Donald.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Depends IF they are relevant to the plot of this world, the role they play in the plot of the world and IF we get to see them. We barely got to know Abigail in the film other than the brief mention from Professor Callaghan that she has an interest in Technology and wanting to participate in bot-fighting, but I wouldn't mind if she has an expanded role for the plot of San Fransokyo compared to her small role in the film.

As for Krei, it's possible we might see him, not to mention he has a recurring role in the Television series, but like I said before, it will depend on his role for the plot of this world and IF we get to see him. The previous KH games have been infamous (well maybe not infamous just selective) on certain Disney characters from the films they originated which resulted in having them removed or written out, either due to software limitations or their relevance for the plot of the Disney world (e.g. Zazu in Pride Lands;Clopin in La Cité des Cloches; Gibbs, Pintel and Ragetti in Port Royal (KH2 only); The Troubadour, Daisy and Clarabelle for Country of the Musketeers; Chi-Fu, Cri-Kee and Khan for The Land of Dragons). Of course, that will be a discussion for another thread, but I definitely would like to see them in some capacity in the game.

The thing is though, all those other games did not have direct involvement with Disney Animation. With Kingdom Hearts III, not only does Square Enix have creative freedom to base the game after the events of the movie (partly because they wanted to promote the movie at the time of the world's announcement), but the creative freedom that an original story provides gives the opportunity to develop Abigail and Allister. Let's be real, what other NPC is key to Big Hero 6's narrative outside Aunt Cass and Robert Callaghan?

Abigail can be the bridge character that tells Big Hero 6 about other worlds. She did technically travel to one, so it's a smart plot device to integrate her. Also, if the theory is to be believed that Aqua is the Seeker of Darkness in this world, then it stands to reason that we can have a similar female vs. female dynamic that Frozen is having with Elsa and Larxene.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
The thing is though, all those other games did not have direct involvement with Disney Animation. With Kingdom Hearts III, not only does Square Enix have creative freedom to base the game after the events of the movie (partly because they wanted to promote the movie at the time of the world's announcement), but the creative freedom that an original story provides gives the opportunity to develop Abigail and Allister.

Abigail can be the bridge character that tells Big Hero 6 about other worlds. She did technically travel to one, so it's a smart plot device to integrate her. Also, if the theory is to be believed that Aqua is the Seeker of Darkness in this world, then it stands to reason that we can have a similar female vs. female dynamic that Frozen is having with Elsa and Larxene.
And again, it will largely depend on which characters that are set to appear in the world and their role for the plot of the world. I would be surprised if we see the other characters in the film and not just the Big Hero 6 team such as Aunt Cass, Krei, Yama, and Abigail which you brought up with the latter's possible role for the plot of this world. However, I'm being realistic here even if Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar are heavily involved in the Disney/Pixar worlds in Kingdom Hearts III, I'm not expecting All of the characters from the films to appear especially those from the Monster's Inc. and Pirates of the Caribbean worlds.

Perkilator

Awards
I've got to say, respectfully, that your idea for the world's introduction is unlikely. The Big Hero 6 movie is filled with many epic scenes and heroes and villains. I want to see a bad guy kidnap Donald.
I know I’m a month late, but I don’t think you understand that A. Big Hero 6 is also about friendship and the consequences of blind revenge, and B. The world is confirmed to have an original plot.

Not to mention, you want a bad guy to kidnap someone? And Donald of all people? That’s just super generalizing.

Anyways, on topic; I like this idea! As Alpha Baymax said, this would be a pretty Nomura-esque way to introduce a new world to Sora.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back