• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If 358/2 Days got the Re:Com treatment it could be a masterpiece

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I knew people hated Days here but not this badly.
Regardless I loved the script. I loved how much subtext is in every Disney world.
I loved how Beast Castle is used to contrast their living conditions.
How Agrabah is about trusting and giving friends their privacy and space.
I loved the buildup and how character focused this game was.

I loved how it didn’t add anything major to the overall plot, it knew its place and kept to itself.

My opinion hasn’t changed, Days has the best Roxas scene in the whole Saga. His last mission in Agrabah where he questions everything is heart wrenching to me. So much emotion is stored in that scene and it’s not even voiced. That’s how great the script was.

The game’s tag line is so fitting for this discussion:
“What mattered the most, was remembered the least.”

You're telling me!!!!

I remember reading the responses to this post 2 years ago with my jaw dropped because I couldn't believe some of the replies about how bad the story was.

Days was the last KH story that managed to really hit me in a serious way (until KH3) It filled in the holes of the original KH trilogy so well and managed to give such a different vibe than any other KH game.

That moment in Agrabah is just another example of why this game needs to be remade. Just imagine that moment voice acted as a real cutscene.

I need to stop... you guys are getting my false hope again lol

Awards
Honestly I rather just give Xion a spinoff set in the present. It's a better way to win people over to her because it allows Xion a clean slate. She can finally be her own person because her future is now her own versus trying to add her into a story we already know how it goes.

As much as I like Xion, I just don't think she has enough It factor to carry an entire game as the lead character. The most interesting thing about her character was her arc in Days and watching her slowly discover her origins and decide her own purpose. Now that that's over with, I think she's best served as a side character.

To me, the most interesting place the KH story can go from here (post Kh3) is to follow all of the other keyblade wielders as a collective and have them try to face a new threat without Sora and see what new chemistry and revelations develop with each other.

The possibility of a conversation/fight involving Terra, Riku, and Axel, or Roxas, and Ventus, or Namine, Xion, and Kairi is mind blowing to me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
(Also, the bitter irony of a remastered/remade version of this game coming out on the switch when that's the one new console I don't own would probably be enough to kill me.)

Well, that's just par for the course when it comes to side games.:p

Back