• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

if i upgrade my ps3...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sdr08

hey, I have a 60gb ps3, I was wondering, if i change it to a bigger hard drive. Can i still play ps2 games? If not, how can I get more memory without erasing data?

thanks

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
As long as you still retain the base PS3, i don't see why you can't still maintain all features by changing hard drives. The only thing is that it would have to be another PS3 one with all the same base framework.

sdr08

Shinkirō;5383522 said:
As long as you still retain the base PS3, i don't see why you can't still maintain all features by changing hard drives. The only thing is that it would have to be another PS3 one with all the same base framework.

I see..so what kind of hard drives does the ps3 use, and what is the biggest size available?

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Not sure on the specifics of the hard drives themselves, but currently 320gb is the largest retail size.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Everything you need to know is here:

PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com

Yes you can upgrade your HDD on your 60GB model. This wouldn't change any features on your system except the size of your drive. You will need an internal SATA drive (and possibly an external one IF you want to backup what is already on your HDD to transfer to the new one).

Anyway, that link I provided gives you a step by step walk through of how to upgrade and what you will need in order to complete the upgrade, straight from SCE.

sdr08

Everything you need to know is here:

PlayStation Knowledge Center | Support - PlayStation.com

Yes you can upgrade your HDD on your 60GB model. This wouldn't change any features on your system except the size of your drive. You will need an internal SATA drive (and possibly an external one IF you want to backup what is already on your HDD to transfer to the new one).

Anyway, that link I provided gives you a step by step walk through of how to upgrade and what you will need in order to complete the upgrade, straight from SCE.

thanks for the info guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back