• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Melody of Memory got a sequel or DLC what new tracks would you like to see included?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
I love that MoM has 150 tracks, but even with that extensive list there's a lot of music that didn't make it in. So if we ever got more of this game what should be included?

I'll start with the low-hanging fruit: more music from KH3, with Face my Fears being the top priority.

Zackarix

Awards
More boss stages is the other obvious answer, 4 is too few.
I absolutely agree, but this thread was supposed to be about the music specifically. Now you've ruined my plans for a companion thread about what new features you'd like to see that aren't new tracks :p

Zackarix

Awards
Here's an off-the-wall suggestion:

It's A Small World
Blast Away!-Gummi Ship II-
Dessert ★ Paradise
Swim This Way
Under the Sea
Ursula's Revenge
A New Day is Dawning

That's right, give the music from Ice Cream Beat and KH2 Atlantica a second chance. Those were the frustrating minigames that made me think that I hated rhythm games, so now that Melody of Memory has made me realize that rhythm games can be great when designed by people who know what they're doing why not give these tracks a chance to redeem themselves?

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Hm I'd actually like it if they included more of the musical numbers from the movies as well. Love to have them feature stuff like:

- Reflection From Mulan
- Mother Knows Best from Tangled
- Be Prepared from Lion King
- Prince Ali from Aladdin
- Be Our Guest from Beauty and The Beast

As for KH original songs, I think mainly ones from KH3 would be nice, like:
- Aqua (-Dark Dive-)
- Aqua (-Mirror Illusion-)
- Nachtflügel
- Scala ad Caelum
- Roxas' Return
- Replicas

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I would include what is missing. KH3 comes to mind first and foremost. I would have loved actual field tracks of the KH3 worlds seeing them demade in the old style along with their enemies. The ReMind DLC songs of the Data Org and Yozora's theme. More boss battles, more unlockable teams, alternate costumes, seriously this was a really fun game that died off way to quickly.

Zackarix

Awards
Hm I'd actually like it if they included more of the musical numbers from the movies as well.
I actually have a theory about the Disney songs in MoM. Beauty and the Beast, A Whole New World, and Circle of Life are completely new to KH, and even Part of Your World is the one song from KH2 Atlantica that is more-or-less unaltered from the film version. These songs are enough to give the audience a taste of playing Disney songs, but nowhere near enough to satisfy. They weren't even used in advertising much, so why bother to include them at all?

We know that Indieszero was planning DLC (it's a staple of the genre) before Nomura told them to put everything in the base game.

I think that the Disney songs were among the tracks originally planned to be DLC. There are a lot of people who would have paid extra to play those iconic songs. But thankfully they were in the base game instead :cool:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Team Kairi consisting of KH3 Kairi, Pluto, & Lea. Lea would have his keyblade & new clothes to differentiate him Axel on Team Days. Pluto is (kinda) the closest thing Kairi has to a Disney companion in KH2. Which of course was something Square never even remotely tried to follow up on.

I actually have a theory about the Disney songs in MoM. Beauty and the Beast, A Whole New World, and Circle of Life are completely new to KH, and even Part of Your World is the one song from KH2 Atlantica that is more-or-less unaltered from the film version. These songs are enough to give the audience a taste of playing Disney songs, but nowhere near enough to satisfy. They weren't even used in advertising much, so why bother to include them at all?

We know that Indieszero was planning DLC (it's a staple of the genre) before Nomura told them to put everything in the base game.

I think that the Disney songs were among the tracks originally planned to be DLC. There are a lot of people who would have paid extra to play those iconic songs. But thankfully they were in the base game instead :cool:
B&tB actually did play for a few seconds in KH2 though.

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Unpopular opinion, I want more versions of Dearly Beloved and more music from the mobile/online games. I actually love the sound of a LOT of the music in KHUX and it got NO LOVE.

sephydark

Awards

That makes a lot of sense as an explanation! It was really weird to me that the Disney songs were used so little in advertising given that they would be a great hook to bring in non-fans of KH. It was enough that I thought they were a fake rumor until the game actually released with them in. It would make sense if they were originally planned as DLC before Nomura made his no DLC mandate.

As for my desired tracks, I'd love to be able to play some of the UX music, particularly the Niceland field/battle themes and the Daybreak town field/battle themes.

Katsagu

Awards
KH3 songs, as a rythm game that kind of celebrates the xehanort saga, this feels incomplete with the lackluster KH3 roster of songs. So this is the biggest priority. I kind of hate the idea of needing to buy a new game just to get more KH3 songs, DLC would be perfect.

I would also enjoy more Disney songs. Playing them was one of those "didn't know I wanted before I had it" situations.

Zackarix

Awards
In the other thread I floated the idea of having a Garden of Assemblage/Data Battles themed area to help fulfill the desire for more boss fights. But are there enough boss themes to go around for this idea?
  • Xemnas already has a boss battle in vanilla MoM with Darkness of the unknown, but if he got another one they could use Disappeared, A Fight to the Death, or L'Oscurita dell'Ignoto.
  • Xigbar - Black Powder
  • Saix - Critical Drive
  • Marluxia is another theme hoarder. Lord of the Castle is an obvious answer to which one should be used, but Graceful Assassin and Scythe of Petals are also options.
  • Roxas - The Other Promise
  • The 13th Dilemma, The 13th Struggle, and The 13 Reflection are all used for multiple characters.
So maybe there wouldn't be enough themes for this idea unless some got redistributed. It would probably be easier to use the KH3 Organization, didn't every ReMind data battle get its own remix?

RonaldPoe

Awards
I agree that more classic Disney songs and KH3 representation would be awesome. Why not have a few Disney villain songs in the setlist? Still disappointed about the absence of Nort Court (among other late game tracks). Too bad most the boss themes were already used for stages ("Dismiss", "Rage Awakened", "Black Powder", "Lord of the Castle, the 3D themes, ect) ...

Also "Swim This Way" and "A New Day is Dawning" might be the only tracks in KH history that make "Dark Domination" (worst KH final boss track that's mediocre at best) look like Yoko's finest. Even a sarcastic suggestion is too much.

Zackarix

Awards
Still disappointed about the absence of Nort Court (among other late game tracks). Too bad most the boss themes were already used for stages ("Dismiss", "Rage Awakened", "Black Powder", "Lord of the Castle, the 3D themes, ect) ...
Every existing boss battle in MoM has a corresponding field battle, so it shouldn't be an obstacle to them adding more.
Also "Swim This Way" and "A New Day is Dawning" might be the only tracks in KH history that make "Dark Domination" (worst KH final boss track that's mediocre at best) look like Yoko's finest. Even a sarcastic suggestion is too much.
What, you don't like finny fun?

Anyway, the more I think about it the more I realize that having a bunch of boss fights based off the KH3 Organization is the way to go. It allows a theme while still allowing a variety of music without having to rely too heavily on remixes. That's one of the upsides of reusing pre-existing final bosses So maybe something along the lines of:

• Master Xehanort (rematch): Forza Finale
  • Young Xehanort: L'Impeto Oscuro
  • Terra-Xehanort: Dismiss
  • Ansem (rematch): L'Eminenza Oscura I
  • Xemnas (rematch): L'Oscurità dell'Ignoto
  • Vanitas: Enter the Darkness
  • Xigbar: The 13th Dilemma
  • Saix: Hearts as One
  • Luxord: The 13th Struggle
  • Marluxia: Lord of the Castle
  • Larxene: The 13th Reflection
  • Dark Riku: Forze del Male
  • Xion: Vector to the Heavens

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Well if we're going this route, don't forget those other guys.

Maleficent REMATCH: The Deep End
Hook: Fight for my Friends
Hades: Destiny's Force
Pete: Rowdy Rumble
Jafar: Fight and Away
Ursula: Ursula's Revenge
Oogie Boogie: Squirming Evil
Shan Yu: Vim and Vigor
Scar: The Encounter (KH2 version which I always preferred)
Sark: Sinister Shadows
King Candy: Eye of the Storm

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Well if we're going this route, don't forget those other guys.

Maleficent REMATCH: The Deep End
Hook: Fight for my Friends
Hades: Destiny's Force
Pete: Rowdy Rumble
Jafar: Fight and Away
Ursula: Ursula's Revenge
Oogie Boogie: Squirming Evil
Shan Yu: Vim and Vigor
Scar: The Encounter (KH2 version which I always preferred)
Sark: Sinister Shadows
King Candy: Eye of the Storm
Fight and Away isn't associated with Jafar at all though is it? Wouldn't Destiny's Force fit him better as it's the theme used to defeat him in KH1? You could use the KH2 Hades Paradox cup theme for Hades.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Fight and Away isn't associated with Jafar at all though is it? Wouldn't Destiny's Force fit him better as it's the theme used to defeat him in KH1? You could use the KH2 Hades Paradox cup theme for Hades.
His sorcerer form fights in Re:Coded.

Last edited:
Back