• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Melody of Memory got a sequel what non-music features would you like to see?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Zackarix

Awards
My ideas:
  • More boss battles. Ideally there would be a battle for every boss theme included, but I'd settle for one for every game represented. But thinking on it, are there enough Organization XIII battle themes that it would be possible to do a Garden of Assemblage/Data Battles section?
  • More teams. Team Kairi with Sora and Riku for backup so we can finally see the Destiny trio in action. Hayner, Pence, and Olette armed with struggle bats. Young Xehanort, Eraqus, and one of their classmates. There are a ton of options.
  • New outfits. Give me the option to play with RAX in their street clothes and TAV in their armor or dark forms. Dream eaters are designed to be easy to recolor so Riku's team could have plenty of options. And SDG have a ton of pre-existing outfits.
  • More flexibility with the computer opponents in versus mode. A person should have the ability to adjust the difficulty to their liking.
  • The ability to use one-button mode without having to beat the song in normal mode first. I have no idea why they added an accessibility feature only to reduce its usefulness. "Just beat the song on easy!" is an option for everybody but the people who genuinely need the accessibility feature. I remember reading about a blind gamer who bought the game based off the demo only to discover that in the full game the feature that made the game playable for them was locked away.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'd like more options with the teams. Outfit changes for characters like Sora, Riku, and Mickey that have multiple outfits, like you said, but also being able to make your own team out of a set list of available characters. For example, a team of Riku, Aqua, and Mickey.

Zackarix

Awards
Another potential new feature: the ability to start a fresh game without have to delete your data or start a new profile. I'd like to see see how many of those world tour missions I could knock out in a single try now that I know how to play the game.

Here's a potential alternative to having more boss battles: more cinematic boss battles. Just think about how epic KH2's final battle is and how the Darkness of the Unknown battle in MoM doesn't even come close to recapturing it. It would be cool to have the boss battles be interactive movies that show all the cool parts of the fights they're based on. Some compromises would probably need to be made like not being able to chose what team you use (IE you can only use Sora and Riku for the Xemnas battle) and they would take more work to animate so there would be fewer of them. But given that we only have four boss battles as is amping up the coolness factor could go a long way.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Little dialogue blurbs for each character as you load into a level, and after you complete it. Goofy and Donald could reminisce about how tricky it was to go through Wonderland, Axel could complain about how disgusting it is to be inside a whale, Sora could express some curiosity about Stitch's origins in Deep Space.. If we stick to the four playable teams in the game, this is a pretty achievable amount of text dialogue to write.

Helionus

Awards
More boss battles.
But not like, every single Org member or something, just a little more. Young Xehanort in DDD section is must have for me. Maybe Marluxia for CoM section.
I wish Armored Xehanort fight also, but maybe that would be too much

Zackarix

Awards
More boss battles.
But not like, every single Org member or something, just a little more. Young Xehanort in DDD section is must have for me. Maybe Marluxia for CoM section.
I wish Armored Xehanort fight also, but maybe that would be too much
This is a thread about what you'd like to see, it doesn't have to be limited by what you think is too much! If you wish for an Armored Xehanort fight feel free to talk about it!

Helionus

Awards
This is a thread about what you'd like to see, it doesn't have to be limited by what you think is too much! If you wish for an Armored Xehanort fight feel free to talk about it!
I just thought that I might be stray too far from rhythm genre.
But anyways, what I wanted IS more boss battles. Particularly Yound Xehanort, since L'Impeto Oscuro is my favorite boss theme. Also would be cool to include the Data Remixes. Some sort of special section like in KHIIFM and Re:Mind but, you know... with music

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra soundtracks. The tracks are distinct enough to warrant their inclusion in a Melody of Memory sequel.

Zackarix

Awards
The Kingdom Hearts Orchestra soundtracks. The tracks are distinct enough to warrant their inclusion in a Melody of Memory sequel.
How exactly would that be a non-music feature?
Here's a potential alternative to having more boss battles: more cinematic boss battles. Just think about how epic KH2's final battle is and how the Darkness of the Unknown battle in MoM doesn't even come close to recapturing it. It would be cool to have the boss battles be interactive movies that show all the cool parts of the fights they're based on. Some compromises would probably need to be made like not being able to chose what team you use (IE you can only use Sora and Riku for the Xemnas battle) and they would take more work to animate so there would be fewer of them. But given that we only have four boss battles as is amping up the coolness factor could go a long way.
Expanding on this. One of the few redeeming values of KH2 Atlantica is how interactive the videos are. There are actually different animations if you fail a note:
Obviously it would be a bit much to do the exact same thing for a track with hundreds of notes, but it would still be cool to implement interactive elements.

One of the reasons the boss battles in MoM don't really measure up to the fights they're based on is that final boss battles in KH tend to be big and have multiple phases while the MoM fights are a lot simpler. It's not the worst thing ever for a feature the was probably last minute, but that doesn't mean that they can't do more in a sequel.

Just imagine these fights:
  • An Ansem battle that uses both the Destiny Islands fight then continues with the World of Chaos
  • A Marluxia fight that includes all three of his phases from ReCoM
  • A Xemnas fight where you can fight his armored and dragon forms in addition to the final one
  • A Xion fight where the battleground changes as you go through her various forms
  • A Vanitas battle where you fight both as Aqua on the outside and Ven on the inside
As I mentioned in my previous post, if these were interactive movies some compromises would have to be made, but I think the trade-off would be worth it.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
One of the reasons the boss battles in MoM don't really measure up to the fights they're based on is that final boss battles in KH tend to be big and have multiple phases while the MoM fights are a lot simpler. It's not the worst thing ever for a feature the was probably last minute, but that doesn't mean that they can't do more in a sequel.

Just imagine these fights:
  • An Ansem battle that uses both the Destiny Islands fight then continues with the World of Chaos
  • A Marluxia fight that includes all three of his phases from ReCoM
  • A Xemnas fight where you can fight his armored and dragon forms in addition to the final one
  • A Xion fight where the battleground changes as you go through her various forms
  • A Vanitas battle where you fight both as Aqua on the outside and Ven on the inside
As I mentioned in my previous post, if these were interactive movies some compromises would have to be made, but I think the trade-off would be worth it.
IDK, I don't think a lot of these really compliment the nature of MoM, which is suppose to be short burst stages that players are meant to replay many times. Is the player healed between phases or did you intend for these multi-phase fights to be done on 1 bar?

Zackarix

Awards
IDK, I don't think a lot of these really compliment the nature of MoM, which is suppose to be short burst stages that players are meant to replay many times. Is the player healed between phases or did you intend for these multi-phase fights to be done on 1 bar?
Like normal stages the damage would be balanced around the length. But I don't see why they wouldn't be compatible with MoM's nature? These boss battles are taking inspiration from KH2 Atlantica which has songs that are a few minutes long, and MoM also has the Utada and Disney songs that are a few minutes long.

Just to be clear, these hypothetical boss battles would be a "greatest hits" version of the fights they're based on. A phase would only last long enough for the boss to display their moves and would end at the same time regardless of what they player does unless the player fails the stage entirely.

Vulpes XIII

Awards
An option to play with people on your friends list since it was disappointing to find out that the only way to play with friends is both of you start a match around the same time and hope you end up getting them as your opponent. They should also make it so that rank doesn’t matter if your playing with a friend as I understand why the points matter when playing with random opponents online but that logic shouldn’t apply to people on your friends list

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
In addition to more boss stages, how they work should be changed. As it is the music still has a preset length and the fight ends when the song does. So long as the player has HP, they win. Obviously this is the case for all stage types but it kinda doesn't work as well with bosses. Mechanically there isn't much of a functional difference between memory dives and bosses, they use the same notes.

A better method would be the boss has their own HP and the song keeps going until 1 side eventually falls.

Back