• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Roxas can be brought back by darkness, what about Namine and Xion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Roxas, Namine, and Xion will likely come back with the Key to Return Hearts that SDG will be searching for. No one has to succumb to anything.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Roxas, Namine, and Xion will likely come back with the Key to Return Hearts that SDG will be searching for. No one has to succumb to anything.

Sora heart is connected with every lookalike to him there is. What Xemnas tells Sora could all fall into psychological warfare, and not more of a solution. For whatever reason, it's possible that the 'norts don't want Sora bringing into life anyone that needs saving with the Key to Return Hearts.

Hallowseve

I'm pretty sure anyone connected to Sora can be brought back, and they will be brought back. It will be interesting to see how their revivals/reformations unfold though in KH3. Really interested to see how Xion will be brought back. All I know, is that when they get brought back, I guarantee you we'll all be filled with tears of joy (or at least those who like the idea of reviving those connected to Sora).

Echoecho6

Awards
I do think everyone will be brought back, but if everyone is brought back and KH3 ends with no real sacrifices or loss I am going to be a little upset with that. Also when I say everyone, I mean everyone, including Eraqus.

Hirokey123

Awards
Why? This is at its core a disney fairy tale and the heroes have already suffered enough and gone through so much. Why does KH3 need to end with sacrifices? I think if anything it's the opposite KH3 shouldn't end with any sacrifices at least not on the good guy side. The heroes have done NOTHING but sacrifice and sacrifice and give for a greater good. They've paid with tears, pain, heartache, having their memories screwed with, having their beings ripped in twain, and their very existences stolen away. They've MORE than earned their happy endings and KH3's story is literally based around them finally getting those happy endings. If KH3 a story whose plot is focused on rewarding their sacrifices, of breaking this perpetual fated cycle of sorrow, ends with sacrifices and sorrow that just...that just is flat out irredeemably stupid.

The only one who should be suffering and sacrificing in KH3 is Xehanort, he's cheated endlessly to get away practically scott free from every failure. He's managed to always avoid having to truly suffer for his actions because everyone he hurt were always either put in places where they couldn't get revenge or they've been stuck just trying to recover from what Xehanort did to them. Even now with a wave of his fingers here are all those past selves of him we destroyed back who will get to witness their end goals come true, witness the end of the story. It's messed up and wrong. Xehanort needs to pay and suffer, if there is to be true loss then it needs to be experienced by him.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I think only Roxas will come back (if anyone). Sora actively wants to bring him back, and hasn't shown interest in doing the same for Naminé.

As for Xion, it would be a narrative disaster to bring her back. Her entire purpose is to be a tragic character--undoing the end she was written to fulfill would betray her existence as a narrative element. It'd simply be a bad idea.
Also, I think Xion's rescue in particular would wind up feeling forced and convoluted, since nobody remembers her. So first you have to make Sora and friends aware she existed, then to care enough to bring her back, then find a way to bring her back (since her existence is even more complicated than Roxas or Naminé). It's just kind of a mess, y'know.

I also feel like Naminé and Xion's ultimate fates have already been confirmed. Of course, seems nobody but me took notice because it was in Re:coded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcSkq9R5PQ
10:20
"But when you pass my message on to the other Sora, just remember to tell him the things that you've seen, and that you've felt. If you do that, then we'll be at rest--her, and me too."

I can't be the only one that feels like this means Data-Sora will show up in III right

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Of course Xion and Namine will return. They were mentioned among the ones in Blank points and DDD that are waiting to be rescued by Sora. To claim that only Roxas will be saved and not the other two feels a bit ridiculous

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I do think everyone will be brought back, but if everyone is brought back and KH3 ends with no real sacrifices or loss I am going to be a little upset with that. Also when I say everyone, I mean everyone, including Eraqus.

I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen anyway. Nomura loves to revive fallen characters. Even Ursula was revived out of all characters.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
It actually bothers me that no one seems to care about Namine. Xion makes sense since barely anyone even has any memories of her ever even existing, but Namine? Hello? She has just as much of a right to be her own person as Roxas, if Sora doesn't want to bring her back as well I'll be upset. And it won't make much sense. Why wouldn't he.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Sora heart is connected with every lookalike to him there is. What Xemnas tells Sora could all fall into psychological warfare, and not more of a solution. For whatever reason, it's possible that the 'norts don't want Sora bringing into life anyone that needs saving with the Key to Return Hearts.

Isn't there another keyblade that could be used the Xehanorts to fight off anyone brought back Sora's potential sacrifice?

Echoecho6

Awards
Why? This is at its core a disney fairy tale and the heroes have already suffered enough and gone through so much. Why does KH3 need to end with sacrifices? I think if anything it's the opposite KH3 shouldn't end with any sacrifices at least not on the good guy side. The heroes have done NOTHING but sacrifice and sacrifice and give for a greater good. They've paid with tears, pain, heartache, having their memories screwed with, having their beings ripped in twain, and their very existences stolen away. They've MORE than earned their happy endings and KH3's story is literally based around them finally getting those happy endings. If KH3 a story whose plot is focused on rewarding their sacrifices, of breaking this perpetual fated cycle of sorrow, ends with sacrifices and sorrow that just...that just is flat out irredeemably stupid.

The only one who should be suffering and sacrificing in KH3 is Xehanort, he's cheated endlessly to get away practically scott free from every failure. He's managed to always avoid having to truly suffer for his actions because everyone he hurt were always either put in places where they couldn't get revenge or they've been stuck just trying to recover from what Xehanort did to them. Even now with a wave of his fingers here are all those past selves of him we destroyed back who will get to witness their end goals come true, witness the end of the story. It's messed up and wrong. Xehanort needs to pay and suffer, if there is to be true loss then it needs to be experienced by him.

Yes but what I meant was, if everyone comes back and they win, and Xehanort suffers, then that means all the sacrifice from the past basically amounted to nothing. You are saying you want every single protagonist character to be alive and happy in the end of KH3, bu that would make the past games seem less emotional.

Rosebudx

Awards
I think only Roxas will come back (if anyone). Sora actively wants to bring him back, and hasn't shown interest in doing the same for Naminé.

As for Xion, it would be a narrative disaster to bring her back. Her entire purpose is to be a tragic character--undoing the end she was written to fulfill would betray her existence as a narrative element. It'd simply be a bad idea.
Also, I think Xion's rescue in particular would wind up feeling forced and convoluted, since nobody remembers her. So first you have to make Sora and friends aware she existed, then to care enough to bring her back, then find a way to bring her back (since her existence is even more complicated than Roxas or Naminé). It's just kind of a mess, y'know.

I also feel like Naminé and Xion's ultimate fates have already been confirmed. Of course, seems nobody but me took notice because it was in Re:coded.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdcSkq9R5PQ
10:20
"But when you pass my message on to the other Sora, just remember to tell him the things that you've seen, and that you've felt. If you do that, then we'll be at rest--her, and me too."

I can't be the only one that feels like this means Data-Sora will show up in III right

The "her and me" mentioned by Data-Namine is Data Namine and the "real" Namine, not Namine and Xion.

I'm fairly confident that they'll both get brought back in some way. If Roxas comes back, so will Namine. They got all paired up nicely at the end of KH2 and whatnot, so I've an inkling that what one does the other will too.

Data-Sora showing up is unlikely. I'd more expect Repliku, but even him I don't think will show.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Yes but what I meant was, if everyone comes back and they win, and Xehanort suffers, then that means all the sacrifice from the past basically amounted to nothing. You are saying you want every single protagonist character to be alive and happy in the end of KH3, bu that would make the past games seem less emotional.
I mean, if whoever's writing was worried about that, I don't think we would've gotten that big reveal in DDD that the entire series was a rigged game completely in Xehanort's favor and almost all the heroes efforts thus far have been meaningless, but here we are.

Hallowseve

It actually bothers me that no one seems to care about Namine. Xion makes sense since barely anyone even has any memories of her ever even existing, but Namine? Hello? She has just as much of a right to be her own person as Roxas, if Sora doesn't want to bring her back as well I'll be upset. And it won't make much sense. Why wouldn't he.

You'll be happy to know that I'm a Namine fan and I believe she should be brought back. I would be pretty mad if Sora has no interest in bringing her back. Her story arc with Sora throughout CoM, I thought was great... stripping Sora of his memories and her ultimate choice to rebel against Marluxia was excellent. She also genuinely felt bad for her actions. I also liked her in KH2.

So yeah, I'd be pretty ticked if she wasn't brought back.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I want Naminé back to see what other rushed "love story" they can make with her.
Seriously, if you ship or like seeing Naminé and Roxas good for you, I think it's actually hysterical how in CoM you witness her and Sora's bond grow, getting through all sorts of hardships and switching from lie to truth and promise, only to see them not interact ever again.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I want Naminé back to see what other rushed "love story" they can make with her.
Seriously, if you ship or like seeing Naminé and Roxas good for you, I think it's actually hysterical how in CoM you witness her and Sora's bond grow, getting through all sorts of hardships and switching from lie to truth and promise, only to see them not interact ever again.

T R I G G E R E D

Here's the thing: What if Soar and the gang are looking for a particular way to bring Roxas back and somehow its more (or in a different kind of way) difficult than saving Naminè and / or Xion and that's why Xemnas doesn't mention them?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
T R I G G E R E D

Here's the thing: What if Soar and the gang are looking for a particular way to bring Roxas back and somehow its more (or in a different kind of way) difficult than saving Naminè and / or Xion and that's why Xemnas doesn't mention them?

Wait, was what I said triggering, or how they dealt with Naminé in KH II?
I can understand both.

Perhaps. Or maybe he wants Roxas, for whatever reason, or only Roxas could trigger (so many triggerings) this whole Sora falling in Darkness shtick?

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I want them to bring Namine back and do something actually good with her! Like for example that "we'll meet again and be friends for real" that I've been waiting for for like 10 years okay. I'm still not sure how much if anything from the whole CoM thing Sora remembers, you'd think Riku would have told him everything about Namine but who really tells anyone anything in KH. I want Sora and Namine to get to properly talk about things while both actually fully knowing who the other one is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back