• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If Traverse Town is in Days I have to reasons as to why it is there

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Okay most of us assumed that Traverse Town dissapeared after everyone returned to their home world at the end of KH1. However I was thinking about the ending itself and remembered that Kairi did not return to Hollow Bastion, her true homeworld, but she returned to Destiny Islands because she considered the islands to be her true home.

So what if after living in Traverse Town for 9 years, some of it's citizens began to feel that Traverse Town is now their home. If so they may have remained in Traverse Town instead of returning to their homeworld. Thus Traverse Town did not fade.

Another reason and this one I highly doubt is true but...Surely during the 9 years that people were in Traverse Town there were some babies born. So for the babies born in Traverse Town, would'nt Traverse Town be their homeworld?

Discuss...

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
This is a logical explanation. Of course, the writers can always say that Traverse Town is simply a normal world and it's a coincidence that people who have lost their worlds end up there, although it will probably be a ghost town by Days if this is the case. I like this.

Last edited:

Radon

mofo
Or maybe it could be the ruins or whats left of it? It would be sad to see it empty or ruined. It was my favourite KH1 world. :( But since its making a return I can't complain.

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
Or maybe it could be the ruins or whats left of it? It would be sad to see it empty or ruined. It was my favourite KH1 world. :( But since its making a return I can't complain.
I was also thinking that it could be ruins. But I like the idea of the outcasts returning to what they feel like is their home, thus their still being a population in Traverse town. Who knows, maybe they just started the town all over again after so many people left

anima66

oh yes because im going to miss the random npcs soo much. make it into like....moogle homeworld. moogles ftw.

Xango99

or it could be the fact that we visit the world very early in the game before the Sora defeats Ansem, causing the worlds to return to normal..

You know, we may visit the place right before the events of KH1 ending occurs since Roxas is born before the end of kh1...and didnt Nomura say in an interview that some worlds will not be easily visited as much as we want, as the story goes on?

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
I dont understand why everyone thinks Traverse Town disappeared after the events of KH1.

It was simply a refuge world, no where was ti ever stated it was a world of Darkness (AFAIK)

Awards
So what if after living in Traverse Town for 9 years, some of it's citizens began to feel that Traverse Town is now their home. If so they may have remained in Traverse Town instead of returning to their homeworld.
Everyone aside from Sora, Donald, Goofy, Mickey, and Riku returned to their homeworld by the end of KH1.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Not as far-fetched as an entire world for 14 Nobodies. :'D
Plus their army of minor Nobodies and Heartless...
Anywho, I can't really see the point of Traverse Town. We wouldn't get to interact with any of the characters previously there...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Isn't that sort of the point though? Roxas doesn't actively interact with the Disney characters the way Sora did, Nomura's been saying that from the start.

Anyway, I like the original poster's suggestions, and I've never seen a reason for why Traverse Town couldn't return. Was it ever stated in the canon that Traverse Town disappeared after KH1?

Lunar Sage

Earlier comments aside, Traverse Town, like every other world in KH1 had its keyhole, which leads to a world's heart, sealed off by Sora's Keyblade. After the door to Kingdom Hearts, the heart of all worlds, was sealed, all the world's were seperatedfrow each other everyone, except for a certain few, went back to there own worlds. Just because Traverse Town is empty doesn't mean it isn't there any more.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Isn't that sort of the point though? Roxas doesn't actively interact with the Disney characters the way Sora did, Nomura's been saying that from the start.

No, it's not. Roxas may not interact with them the way Sora did, but he still reacts with them and learns from them. In Traverse Town there is nobody.... and no real point.

WilliamTheWise

Oh right, I can change this....
Website
earltheandroid.tumblr.com
Nope he never interacts with them.
180px-Roxas_Genie.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back