• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

if you could change One thing in KH what will it be?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
So no one else picked up on the subtleties of the Disney Worlds and what they represent to RAX and their relationship to Org.13?

I mean if we can find meaning for the Disney worlds in 3, then Days should be a breeze because of how often we revisit the worlds.
I did a review on what the Disney Worlds meant to Roxas and his character growth and even how worlds like Halloween Town foreshadowed the ending of the game, last year. I found the meaning for them. It's why I like them despite how repetitive and tedious it gets. When Disney World's can provide character growth I won't criticize them. It's why I don't criticize the story portion of Port Royal in KH2. First visit is not really relevant but I felt Sora was fleshed out a little with his pirate fanboying, something that would continue in future games.

Chie

Awards
I mean, I think most Disney worlds contain some kind of thematic resonance or exploration of such and such in the series in general. But the story it's telling doesn't necessarily need them, and if it does then it doesn't need to be with Disney in particular, especially as (being a Disney product) it can't really comment on the original works to an extended degree.

This is my problem with Donald and Goofy as well, they were fine at first but now they're unable to really have any sort of characterization because they're "mascots". They're just Sora's weird adult friends. I honestly can't think of any time in KH3 they contributed to the story, even though I think they did much more in 1. Lots of modern Mickey scenes don't really have any personality either, especially egregious when you go watch actual Disney cartoons and see Mickey + co. being way more emotional than they're ever allowed to be in KH anymore.

D

Deleted member 246005

I never liked the replica origin for Xion. I would've just had her be a normal nobody who had a falling out with Roxas. She's replacement for one of the dead members post CoM and the only one who cared about her death was Roxas.

This is more of a pet peeve than a genuine critique. I don't think this version of Xion would've automatically worked better than the canon version. Her problems were more conceptual as I don't think a Roxas-centered Days was a good idea in hindsight. I liked Roxas but 2 had summed up his arc pretty well with a beginning, middle and end. With or without Xion Days just felt like diminishing returns and I get why some of my friends called it "filler".

As for why I don't like replicas, I don't know. Maybe because i never played CoM? I think i just prefered the series's fantasy elements over the sci-fi. If Shibuya turns out be a data simulation I'd be cross.

Plus there are tons of great Nobody ocs on deviantart so I'm like "yeah give me more".

Last edited by a moderator:

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
I did a review on what the Disney Worlds meant to Roxas and his character growth and even how worlds like Halloween Town foreshadowed the ending of the game, last year. I found the meaning for them. It's why I like them despite how repetitive and tedious it gets. When Disney World's can provide character growth I won't criticize them. It's why I don't criticize the story portion of Port Royal in KH2. First visit is not really relevant but I felt Sora was fleshed out a little with his pirate fanboying, something that would continue in future games.

I'd like to read it, I can't find good reviews or analysis about Days online. At best I found a Tumblr post.
It maddens me how Days is full of dialogue and scenes rich with meaning but because it was repetitive people never gave it a chance to see past the missions.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
For the story to committed to its choices, and for those choices to be thought out before the last possible minute where it has no chance of proper development and just comes off like a random blurt after being forced into a corner.

If you're gonna decide to have a character exist, if your gonna decide a bad guy wants to do good, if your gonna decide X character is connected to Y character, etc., etc., then you need to consider what these things mean, how they would function in the narrative, and actually use the evergrowing material to build the evergrowing story instead of going out of your way in making things harder by ignoring it, while adding even more things that you'll just do the same thing to.

disney233

Awards
First off, I'm surprised how many people are saying they'd get rid of Disney. You know what Kingdom Hearts is, right? You're asking for a completely different game by saying that. Besides, everything original in KH is Disney's IP, so technically if you took Disney away, you'd be left with nothing but a handful of Final Fantasy characters. Sounds like that's what a lot of people here want anyway, though.
Does anyone really know what even is Kingdom Hearts at this point? I get that, but let's just pretend for a second that all the main characters aren't Disney characters. As the Disney worlds begin to dwindle and dwindle down in importance, if you'd honestly get rid of the Disney worlds, hell even Disney as a whole, then what would really change? KH is at a point where it's more about the original worlds and characters while the Disney aspect became nothing more than a mere shadow.

Hell, Birth By Sleep is a PERFECT example. Exactly what will change if you get rid of the Disney aspect? The loss of two characters. TWO.

ANYWAY, rant over. Two changes that stems from this.
1: Make Disney and Final Fantasy meet the middle ground. At this point, they're basically ghosts. One is merely just a shill of play-by-play of your favorite Disney movies, while the other literally just about disappeared from the game as a whole.

2: Make Kairi earn her Keyblade in Hollow Bastion in KH1. I'm still salty about how she 'earned' her Keyblade. SHE WAS HAND-GIVEN IT AS IF IT WAS YESTERDAY'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Then Kairi story development should've started in Castle Oblivion just like Sora and Riku......also make Pluto her partner.

That's more than one thing. I noticed

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'd like to read it, I can't find good reviews or analysis about Days online. At best I found a Tumblr post.
It maddens me how Days is full of dialogue and scenes rich with meaning but because it was repetitive people never gave it a chance to see past the missions.

D

Deleted member 246005

If we had to get rid of Disney, I'd rather try it with a new character than Sora. He's more charming in the Disney worlds than on his own to me.

Granted I'm more with @SweetYetSalty, I rather just use Disney more and better than get rid of it completely. FF I'm on the fence and could take it or leave it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Violet Pluto

Awards
As he tries to hand Roxas, Lea and Xion ice cream, Isa falls off the clock tower and his body splats all over the ground.
I was laughing so hard until I noticed you said Isa fell off and not Axel/Lea.

Personally I would like original Disney worlds, have the Disney crew work and make something that really fits in with KH and can have FF characters too if they want. Something that really feels like it belongs and not just a commercial for a random property. Also a Halloweentown world. Please.

Soldier

Awards
Only one thing needs to go, and that's Arendelle from future KH games. I swear if they make Olaf's Frozen adventure into the game I'm going to lose my mind. It'd be fine if Maleficent just kidnaps the 7 princesses again and the two from Arendelle lost their world to darkness. Frozen representation without the annoying locale, everyone's happy.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
No Nomura. The manga, novels, & whatever other official material he doesn't write highlight how much he is his own worst enemy, because KH always seems to be better written by anyone except him.

Last edited:

Mexican Sora

Awards
Get rid of everything that has to do with Gummi Ships and unnecessary minigames. I don't want to look for Olaf, I don't want to do a training course before heading to the city in San Fransokyo, I don't want to dance with Rapunzel. I'm glad they made Winnie the Pooh optional this time around. Disney Town in BBS though was a waste of my time.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I would erase DDD from the timeline and make KH3 a sequel to what was set up by BBS and Coded. I think KH3 would have been a stronger entry on its own if MX had returned, set up his plan, and been stopped in one game rather than the set up being in DDD and the payoff only happening in the final hours of KH3. I don’t think the story would have been nearly as convoluted as what we ended up getting.

Grey Skies

Awards
I think it might have been a cheap answer for me to just say to get new writers when I could have given a more concrete answer.

I would also have changed the storyline starting with 3D. After BBS, I was very confident that the way the story was headed, Terranort was going to be Recompleted with his memories and skills from Terra and Xehanort intact and with Xehanort in control, and this most powerful form of Xehanort would be the final villain of the series. I certainly did not expect the 500 Xehanorts and time travel that we got in 3D.

I expected the plot from 3D on to revolve around the heroes gathering data and trying to bring back Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Aqua, and Terra while Terranort built an army to defeat them. RAX, TAV, Naminé, Ansem the Wise, and Organization 13 members are brought back, and most of the Org 13 members simply give up on being villains because they have their hearts back. Terranort discovers inconsistencies between his ideals and actions and after a good fight he is eventually convinced to stand down after talking to the heroes, specifically TAV and Eraqus. All loose ends tied up and the revived characters undergo character development, all without 10,000 Xehanorts or time travel or delaying the plot until the very end of the last game in the Dark Seeker saga. It could have been great.

Mexican Sora

Awards
I think it might have been a cheap answer for me to just say to get new writers when I could have given a more concrete answer.

I would also have changed the storyline starting with 3D. After BBS, I was very confident that the way the story was headed, Terranort was going to be Recompleted with his memories and skills from Terra and Xehanort intact and with Xehanort in control, and this most powerful form of Xehanort would be the final villain of the series. I certainly did not expect the 500 Xehanorts and time travel that we got in 3D.

I expected the plot from 3D on to revolve around the heroes gathering data and trying to bring back Roxas, Xion, Ventus, Aqua, and Terra while Terranort built an army to defeat them. RAX, TAV, Naminé, Ansem the Wise, and Organization 13 members are brought back, and most of the Org 13 members simply give up on being villains because they have their hearts back. Terranort discovers inconsistencies between his ideals and actions and after a good fight he is eventually convinced to stand down after talking to the heroes, specifically TAV and Eraqus. All loose ends tied up and the revived characters undergo character development, all without 10,000 Xehanorts or time travel or delaying the plot until the very end of the last game in the Dark Seeker saga. It could have been great.

The Mysterious Figure throws a wrench into all of that.

Grey Skies

Awards
The Mysterious Figure throws a wrench into all of that.
That's true. To get around that requires some extra special speculation that so many Kingdom Hearts fans are so good at.

The Mysterious Figure wasn't 100% confirmed to be a Xehanort until 3D, and may not have ever been in the main timeline, but even within BBS it was very obviously implied to be a form of Xehanort given the black cloak, laser blades, and similar music to what Xemnas had. If it weren't confirmed in 3D, I'd suggest it's a Recompleted Luxord investigating the whereabouts of TAV. He allegedly has time-related powers, not that we ever got to see what that means. It requires a tin foil hat, but I sometimes prefer the tin foil hat to what we actually get.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards

Loved it, I never thought of Neverland like that. I do think Halloween Town has a good message with finding meaning and purpose in what you do(Jack).

Cumguardian69

Awards
Simpler rules for time travel that actually makes sense.
Time travel currently makes sense in KH though. We know three methods to tt:

Method One: Dissect your heart from your body and travel from point A to point B.

Method Two: Jump in a giant time machine (this method may or may not cause amnesia)

Method Three: Disney method (not tied to KH)

Back