• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If you had to suffer one of the BBS's Fates.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Which fate would you suffer?

• Terra's Struggle with Possession

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Ventus's Eternal Sleep

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Aqua's Fight through the Realm ofDarkness

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

firefiend33

Ventus, Terra & Aqua have all suffered terrible fates (at least for their Universe). They fought for the Realm of Light, all so that one day, Sora could save them from their terrible fates. Today, I bring a question. If you had to suffer one of Terra, Aqua, & Ventus's fates, which one would it be?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Ventus. He gets to sleep for 11 years while experiencing the adventures Sora goes on. It’d be like dreaming.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I guess Aqua. Time goes by really quickly in the RoD and I'd be fully aware of myself.

Who would ever want Terra's fate? Having an old man inside you without consent for ten years sounds horrible..

NeroTrinityX

I'd have to say Ven's fate, Yes he is in an eternal sleep... But his heart is with Sora and he gets to help save the world, I was so close to voting for Aqua's knowing that she's in another realm fighting, I'm guessing aware of what's going on around her. I would NEVER want to suffer Terra's fate of having Xehanort in him for 10 years.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'd say Ven if we only talk about stuff that happens during BBS gameplay. Having one's heart split in half at the age of like 10 after being mentally and physically tortured by a crazy old man, almost dying in the process...yeah that doesn't sound fun at all.
His heart being split again at the end of BBS kinda sucks, too, but he seemed the most okay of the trio there.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
ven - sleeps forever
aqua - goes for a long walk
terra - gets to be a scientist, omniscient wizard AND a robot with a cape

was there even any doubt to choose terra?

Zul

Awards
Ven because I'm having difficulty falling asleep lately, could use a 10-12'ish year nap.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
People all seem to forget that Ventus doesn't just merely "sleep" and that he certainly doesn't experience Sora's adventures like sitting in the peanut gallery and binge watching reality shows for 11 years.
The Kid got his heart smashed again and is more akin to a coma patient on life support experiencing a dragged out healing process. The Ventus we see in the flashbacks when he first came to Eraqus while his heart wasn't fully healed yet certainly wasn't in a very good condition and certainly didn't feel all that cozy and well.
The wounds inflicted on Ven's heart in the finale of BBS were worse than that first time so I very much doubt that him taking refuge with Sora can be painted as just taking a longer nap or "vacation".

Furthermore we have no idea yet how Sora stabbing himself with the Dark Keyblade, Roxas' carrying his heart around and eventually somehow pulling Ven's Keyblade from it to dual-wield or Naminé's whole memory disrupting and later restoring actions affected him.
On that last point, and in a somewhat irking parallel to Terra having Xehanort around without consent, I also can't imagine it being very pleasant having Naminé accessing your memories without your consent and you being unable to do anything about it.

If I had to chose someone's fate I'd most likely choose Aqua's as while she's undoubtedly trapped and in a very unpleasant situation she has one advantage the other two don't have: She is still in control of her own actions and can influence things by herself to some extent.

Veevee

Awards
Despite Ven also having a quite grim fate, as Sephiroth points out, I'd still choose him. Terra's fate would be awful - struggling against a stronger force that takes your body and tries to kill your friends and enslave the world with it while you can't do much more than resent it. Plus, being overtaken by darkness and probably getting your heart split into pieces? (we still don't know what exactly happened to Terra's heart / body in the end) is not so desirable either while your will is so possessed by rage that it blindly attacks people to go to rest again afterwards.
Aqua, well ... yes, she has control over her actions, but it's like in an apocalypse zombie movie: Enemies everywhere, the whole environment wants to kill you, you're slowly getting eaten by your own doubts but if you don't stay sharp every minute, you might instantly die. Plus since basically no one knows you're here, you don't know if you'll ever get help or get out. Awful.
Ven .. can sleep. He got his heart shattered, but he can sleep in a cozy and save place and restore himself in the process. I guess there's better things than having your heart smashed, but nearly no better place to sleep but Sora's heart.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Fighting my dark side, self-sacrificing and maturely go through the consequences of these actions, even if that means prolonged comatose? I'd take this, though I am very well conscious of the actual burden of the situation and don't see it as lightly as some good years of sleepin' and, like Seph said, sitback binge watching Sora's adventures. The thought of an end seems... soothing for me, in a dark, twisted way, and I think Ven also considered it fair enough to put an end to it all, in the context of an all-consuming but ultimately won battle. I'd sleep eternally, my future would be someone else's responsibility, I'd close my eyes forever and rely on this hope... This picture is bittersweet.

Although, my life feels like Aqua's endless wandering through the Realm of Darkness. I don't have the "luxury" of Ven's passive sleep, I'd rather say I have the burden of Aqua's sleepless, fully conscious wandering inside a maze-like cage with no end... It's been five years of this already... I will find my way out..

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
no one’s life is anywhere near as bad as any of the KH cast, no matter how edgy and poetic it’s made to sound.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
no one’s life is anywhere near as bad as any of the KH cast, no matter how edgy and poetic it’s made to sound.

metaphorical comparisons are allowed to exist. this is the way of storytelling through art. if you were replying specifically to me, just let me be

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
I voted Ven as soon as i saw the word "sleep" but now that I think about it I think I'd choose Aqua instead. I doubt I'd be able to handle it as well as she has, but I'd still like to try. I'd rather be in control of my own faith, than unable to do anything but sleep and wait for someone else to save me. Not sure if it's worse than what Terra has to go through, so can't say which of them I'd least want to choose, but yeah. I'd pick Aqua.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I dont feel like Ven had a pleasent life even in or after BBS, but we dont know how Soras journey or Roxas's creation influenced him, while we do know Aqua was pushed far enough that she wanted to be swallowed up by the darkness (which, in this lore, is the closest it comes to suicide). Having control over ones body is fine and all, but the conditions are horrific.
Just felt like adding that to the "Ven isnt peacefully sleeping." For some part probably not, but for other parts, I'm sure he is. Hell, we dont even know if his heart is awake for most of it. It was so weakened that he could just be unconscious.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Honestly surprised Ven is in the lead.

If there was a way for me to tell Xehanort "hey dude, no need to convince me, I'd settle for rad powers and- wait, are we in an amnesiac body now? Let's do our best as getting our memories back, neighbour!" I'd choose him, but I'd wager Xehanort would still erase my personality at one point for good measure, so no thanks.

Aqua. The Realm of Darkness seems rad as heck and I always loved the Heartless. I'd actually try to go as further as possible to see how deep can I go and what kind of demon can I see.

kaseykockroach

Awards
Atlantica in Kh2 is far more terrifying than any of those so-called traumas.

Mosaica

Aqua. Give me Eternal Darkness. If I'm going down, I'm taking as many Heartless down with me as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back