• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

If...?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tyler Durden

Quite simply, because it is outdated. If the Bible does not adapt its teachings, then it will soon become pointless, it will no longer apply to anything.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
So that raises the question: Should the Bible be allowed to be changed to suit modern times? And if so, who decides what is changed?

Nivaro

Website
www.crimsonchance.proboards53.com
The real question in my opinion is how can you trust or know something that is supposed to be the words of the all-creating deity when it has to be changed to be relevant? Or more so when it is changed by a handful of "ok" individuals for the rest of a faith. That in itself bothers me, plus changing a "holy" text that's already been made in so many different versions and editions.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Should the Bible be allowed to be changed to suit modern times? And if so, who decides what is changed?

No, because the Bible claims it is the COMPLETE Word of God, and Revelation clearly states that whoever adds onto the scripture, God will add unto the plagues described in this book.

The Bible does not need to be changed simply because some don't agree with it, because a large population of people DO agree with it.

Why are some parts of the bible now irrelevant, but others are still being enforced?

No parts of the Bible are irrelevant. The Old Testament is used highly for teaching purposes, and is part of the complete Word of God. The ONLY thing that has changed since the New Testament, are the Jewish rituals which were used to cleanse sin. They are no longer needed, because Jesus being the sacrifice for sin, humans no longer need to perform animal sacrifices and rituals to get their sins cleansed.

Quite simply, because it is outdated. If the Bible does not adapt its teachings, then it will soon become pointless, it will no longer apply to anything.

The Bible hasn't changed, people simply have grown tolerable of things that were considered untolerable in the past.

Give it some years. Incest, adult sex with minors, etc. will be come acceptable to society's eyes.

T

Tyler Durden

exactly, but not in the Bible's eyes. So it watches time pass, not changing or caring.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
Did you watch the video?

Even if society is becoming more tolerable, does it mean God is? If society sees raping babies as acceptable, does that make it right in the eyes of God?

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
The Bible does not need to be changed simply because some don't agree with it, because a large population of people DO agree with it.

Cultures change. The cultural "rules" should change as well. This is why you see some of those ridiculous "laws" in the Bible.

Give it some years. Incest, adult sex with minors, etc. will be come acceptable to society's eyes.

Spoken like a true fire and brimstone conservative.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Spoken like a true fire and brimstone conservative.

You don't think I'm right? How did the world view Homosexuality, Bisexuality, Sex before marriage, and Women getting careers, and African American rights 100 years ago? (Not saying women shouldn't have careers or black people shouldn't have rights, just an example).

Things change. Things that you might find unacceptable will become acceptable in due time. It's proven.

Even if society is becoming more tolerable, does it mean God is?

No.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Just because Homosexuality is somewhat accepted in society today, doesn't make it right or wrong.

The Middle-East accepts beating your females as accepted custom. I don't think that makes it right. Then again, you don't have to agree with me.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
Well the Bible states that those who curse their parents should be put to death. Does that make NOT killing your children if they curse you a sin?

T

Tyler Durden

HAHA contradiction.

If God is unchanging, then he is not fit to be a religious figurehead. You can't REASONABLY expect something to worship you without question. It is extremely arrogant.

Things change. People change. Ideas change. So far, god is the only thing that doesn't change.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Well the Bible states that those who curse their parents should be put to death.

"Honor your father and your mother". If you don't, it's a sin. Sin is the reason that humans die, both spiritually and physically. Cursing your father and mother is sinning, and the wages of sin is death. Duh?

Honestly, do you guys think this out?

HAHA contradiction.

Fail.

So far, god is the only thing that doesn't change.

I don't think that's a bad thing.

You can't REASONABLY expect something to worship you without question.

I don't. I worship him because I choose to. You choose not to. Since when are you worshipping without question? I didn't become a Christian for the lulz. There must have been something that brought me to it. What other reason would a belief that takes away all the glory from oneself, and puts it in a religious figurehead, would I put myself into believing it.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
"Honor your father and your mother". If you don't, it's a sin. Sin is the reason that humans die, both spiritually and physically. Cursing your father and mother is sinning, and the wages of sin is death. Duh?

Watch the video in my first post, please. I'm no religion nut, so I don't know if the verses they state are real, but I don't see why they'd fake it.

The verse states specifically those who curse their parents should be put to death, as well as people who work on the Sabbath.

Rixon

dark hero RikuQuite simply, because it is outdated. If the Bible does not adapt its teachings, then it will soon become pointless, it will no longer apply to anything.
kingofkeysThe cultural "rules" should change as well. This is why you see some of those ridiculous "laws" in the Bible.
I TOTALY AGREE..............................!

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
The verse states specifically those who curse their parents should be put to death, as well as people who work on the Sabbath.

Yes. Did you read what I said?
When you sin, your punishment is death. That's why every human dies, because humans are born into sin since they do in fact sin.

People working on the Sabbath? No. God simply said that one should rest and meditate in God's word on the Sabbath, because it is the day he rested, therefore to rest with him. People work all week, they should rest on the weekends. Don't you? However, the Pharisees twisted the law and created rules such as "you may pick up no more than a feather on the sabbath, or walk more than ___ cubits on this day, or bend over." They started to define "work" instead of letting God's word be. They made life nearly impossible, because anyone who broke these rules were thrown into jail, and when Jesus came, he rebuked the Pharisees for their deeds.

Not doing what God says is a sin. Homosexuality, not honoring your parents, not honoring God on the Sabbath, it's all a sin. The auto-punishment for death is sin. Remember this is just Christian philosophy on how it all works.

T

Tyler Durden

So again, the bible and society interpreted wrong. The bible must be changed, or it will become no more than pagan religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back