• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN preview of Kingdom Hearts 1.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
IGN is usually the dark heart of gaming journalism, well, besides Kotaku, but this video was legit. The guy clearly wanted to show more but couldn't. It seems like Square cracked down hard on cutscene showing.

Oathkeeper1996

Yes, because all of us would enjoy watching a mediocre player play a game that we're waiting impatiently for. Thanks, IGN, for both annoying AND taunting us. :)

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
IGN is usually the dark heart of gaming journalism, well, besides Kotaku, but this video was legit. The guy clearly wanted to show more but couldn't. It seems like Square cracked down hard on cutscene showing.

Still think he's a bad player, but I agree. He probably didn't want to trigger any cutscenes (idk why SE is so picky about this considering the game IS ten years old and most can just google them) but I feel like he could have just cut them if he did and continued showing gameplay, or just backtracked to the treehouse where you first crash into the world.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I got that impression, too.

Still, it'd be nice if at least one major gaming site/magazine could choose people to make these videos who can actually give some information about the release.

Not that I really want to undermine them professionally. They have a lot of games to cover in a year.

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Although I understand the purpose of showing video for an HD title, I feel as though this particular piece might have made more sense as a written review with screenshots or something. Show us video when you can actually...you know, show us things. At the very least they could have switched to some Gummi ship footage when they mentioned the Gummi ship or tried to level the character and get some more flashy abilities to display. They didn't even show off the tree sliding mini game. Which is hands down the best part of that world and maybe the first game as a whole. So much confused.

Also, it's probably just coincidence, but it seems like SE is marketing REMIX using a lot of Deep Jungle. I don't know if they might have suggested to IGN that they use that world, but with that and the teaser using "Having a Wild Time" I'm starting to wonder if someone over there is big on Tarzan and wants everyone to miss Deep Jungle like they do. Haha. :p

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Deep Jungle is pretty cool, mang, I hope we get Jungle Book in KH3 since jungles are the bomb diggity

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I like how he mentioned how difficult KH1 is and now that we, at least the people who haven't played FM yet, can play the higher difficulty I can't wait to see how difficult it is now. :p

Also another problem I had with the video is it sounded to me like he was saying everyone had new models from DDD but, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't Sora and Ansem the only two with updated models?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I like how he mentioned how difficult KH1 is and now that we, at least the people who haven't played FM yet, can play the higher difficulty I can't wait to see how difficult it is now. :p

Also another problem I had with the video is it sounded to me like he was saying everyone had new models from DDD but, correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't Sora and Ansem the only two with updated models?

Everyone who had received updated models from newer installments have been updated. It's just the most apparent with Sora and Ansem.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's really difficult. Stuck on Ursula and I'm just like ;A;

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
Everyone who had received updated models from newer installments have been updated. It's just the most apparent with Sora and Ansem.

OK, thanks for clearing that up. :)

And I think it's funny how, as everyone else said, he explored the same 3 areas for 10 minutes but then the last 30 seconds he went to 2 different areas. xD

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Also, it's probably just coincidence, but it seems like SE is marketing REMIX using a lot of Deep Jungle. I don't know if they might have suggested to IGN that they use that world, but with that and the teaser using "Having a Wild Time" I'm starting to wonder if someone over there is big on Tarzan and wants everyone to miss Deep Jungle like they do. Haha. :p

Maybe it's SE's way of saying "Play alongside Tarzan now before he never returns again for reason unbeknownst to us?" haha the fact that Tarzan hasn't reappeared after becoming a public property eludes me...

It's really difficult. Stuck on Ursula and I'm just like ;A;

When in doubt, always remember, GET ON HYDRA'S BACK!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Maybe it's SE's way of saying "Play alongside Tarzan now before he never returns again for reason unbeknownst to us?" haha the fact that Tarzan hasn't reappeared after becoming a public property eludes me...

I think the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate still has rights on the character...

Korai

Awards
Riku's model has been replaced with the one from Re:CoM, right? (noticed the hair right away in an early trailer)
When in doubt, always remember, GET ON HYDRA'S BACK!
omg phil must have shouted that at least 30 times...

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
"For all the latest Kingdom Hearts news, be sure to stay right here on KHInsider.com."
Much better~ :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back