• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN VIDEO REVIEW

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
And so it has arrived. Let's see how it turns out >:3

Thanks for the news!

Edit:
Awesome Combat
Three Campaigns
Hollow Worlds
Long Load Times

8.5/10

Not as bad as people were led on to believe from IGN. Though I don't particularly agree with how he said a majority of the songs are recycled from previous games... And the complaints about the empty worlds. Why didn't he mention that almost all of the worlds are new? Didn't he criticize Days for the opposite?

Last edited:

Chris211

Nice find, thanks a bunch. 8.5 is a pretty good rating. If this is amazing on psp, I wonder how it would've been if made on ps2, with more room for designs and better camera control. Only problem I see me having is using the d-pad to scroll the commands while moving with the analog, thus the ps2 controller seems like it'd be a lot easier to use instead.

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I actually agree.

The camera thing sounds like a problem. Idk about the worlds tho.

And a pretty fair rating

αsiя

space coke
The funny thing I find is that this is the same guy who hated on Days because it didn't have any new worlds, now he's hating on BBS's worlds because they're "bland" but he fails to mention that this game is entirely packed with new worlds.

Lonelyness21

Awards
Still watching but would like to mention I REALLY liked Terra's Voice actor when he was doing the grunts in the fight against Aqua~

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Bad cameras? Bullcrap, the camera is just fine! (then again, IGN ALWAYS complains about the camera in every single game ever so this is to be expected)
Recycled songs? I disagree there are plenty of new ones.
Hollow worlds? Not really... they seem perfectly fine to me. And I'm surprised you didn't mentioned the fact that they HAVE MORE WORLDS since that's what you complained about in 358/2 days.

Other than that, this review was surprisingly good. I am glad he mentioned that the voice cast was good. (TAKE THAT, HATERS!)

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
I can see the complaint about "Empty" worlds (remember Hollow Bastion?) but I think we can list this as going to processing Power issues then anything else. Besides, all the worlds tend to be a bit empty... I wish there was some more action in it too.

As for load times: It's my first PSP game... I don't think I'll notice it too much.

edit: Youtube video

YUPPP

Same old tunes? This guy is pretty off with that comment. The only songs/music that are the same are Dearly Beloved and Simple and Clean right? Well other than that fair score.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I like his commentary

"This leads me to believe hat Leonard Nimroy is a totally badass antagonist"
and
"Get ready to roast some noobs"

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Bad cameras? Bullcrap, the camera is just fine! (then again, IGN ALWAYS complains about the camera in every single game ever so this is to be expected)

Don't let your judgement get clouded. He didn't say the camera was bad, he just said that sometimes it spazzes out and doesn't do its job.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Don't let your judgement get clouded. He didn't say the camera was bad, he just said that sometimes it spazzes out and doesn't do its job.

That's still bullcrap. But like I said before, IGN seems to hate cameras in video games in general. Even with their precious Super Mario Galaxy, they mention the camera spazzing out.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Same old tunes? This guy is pretty off with that comment. The only songs/music that are the same are Dearly Beloved and Simple and Clean right? Well other than that fair score.

There are a few remixes of existing tracks, like for Olympus and Mysterious Tower, but the majority of the songs are new. Makes you wonder what exactly he was listening to throughout the game >.>

@ madammina - Thanks for the youtube link! Makes things a lot more convenient :D

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Hehe, Leonard Nimoy a badass antagonist. This is true

YUPPP

There are a few remixes of existing tracks, like for Olympus and Mysterious Tower, but the majority of the songs are new. Makes you wonder what exactly he was listening to throughout the game >.>

It's funny because I thought it's soundtrack was one of the games strongest points.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
It's funny because I thought it's soundtrack was one of the games strongest points.

Same here. I personally thought the BBS soundtrack was the best one in the entire series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back