• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN VIDEO REVIEW

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Same here. I personally thought the BBS soundtrack was the best one in the entire series.

Yup, it was the best as a whole, but my favorite of all sountracks is Roxas' theme

αsiя

space coke
Actually the camera is actually true, I hated the camera in BBS especially when I was near a pot just like he said. There are some recycled songs, but a lot of them are remixes. The worlds are somewhat disagreeable, I agree that sometimes it can be hollow and boring (Enchanted Dominion, Olympus Coliseum) and then there are some that are fun and exciting (Castle of Dreams notably Ven's scenario, Disney Town, and Neverland.) But I still found it funny him not mentioning the new worlds when he complained about it in Days.

Other than that it's a great review, but I still think it should of been 8.8 or 8.9 since IGN rate their games like that.

RonXsilva

im pretty happy with this score considering it was ign i would of prefered 8.9 or somthing like that but who really cares we will having fun with the game in a few.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
IGN just isn't big on KH like that ONE game they seem to love to death. But that is besides the point. The Leonard Nimoy made me giggle which had my roommate staring at me like I was nuts.

And the soundtrack of BBS is the best since KH1. Every song was perfectly composed an--I am going to stop here because of yeah. My comment is like another I have said before.

But IGN has a tiny bias when it comes to certain games, and they don't review them with care like series fans do. They play every game so an accurate review from an unbiased source is pretty impossible.

But I am happy for the score.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
The only thing I agree with about the negative reviews is the hollow worlds, I like games like pokemon where there are alot of people in the cities

Chris211

The only thing I agree with about the negative reviews is the hollow worlds, I like games like pokemon where there are alot of people in the cities
I exactly see what your coming from here..pokemon is has just hollow worlds but still is fun to play(dont laugh). In regards to the UMD space not every world was going to be jam packed with details anyways, I think they did a pretty good job. @ Lycorismoon29 I agree with what you said..its hard to get a 100% review from someone that already has a biased opinion.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
αsiя;5254143 said:
Actually the camera is actually true, I hated the camera in BBS especially when I was near a pot just like he said.

Unless you intentionally screw with the camera on purpose, I don't see how that's possible. The camera has always been perfectly fine with me. :/

Anyway, I'd prefer a 9/10. Mainly because 8.5 is like saying "Oh, this game is just a LITTLE better than Days" which kind of ticks me off a bit. But coming from IGN, this is decent I suppose.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Unless you intentionally screw with the camera on purpose, I don't see how that's possible. The camera has always been perfectly fine with me. :/

Anyway, I'd prefer a 9/10. Mainly because 8.5 is like saying "Oh, this game is just a LITTLE better than Days" which kind of ticks me off a bit. But coming from IGN, this is decent I suppose.

If the camera was that good for you, then good for you, but maybe others weren't so lucky

Silverslide

need some more candy cane

It actually happened to me alot when I play the Japanese version at a friend of mines house. Especially in the place with the bottles and checmicals. I can't remember the name :/

madammina

Notorious White Mage Captainess
Anyway, if you were going to get this game, you're getting it anyway. If you were on the fence, you'd probably get it unless you hate load times with a passion (and I think they did mention you can adjust or direct install it anyway), if you hated it... well, you weren't getting the game anyway.

αsiя

space coke

No I hated the camera, not even Crisis Core gave me trouble. The camera sucked ass and it's true for me.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
-sneezes- Oh, well I can't play this game now. I can't own some noobs now with mah fi-ah cuz I'm allergic to dem house keys.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
This review made me happy. The camera angles, unless the camera is always constantly freaking out, I can deal, I managed to get through Drakengard's horrid camera controls. And as for load times, I'm gonna clean my memory stick a bit and install the maximum possible, although everyone bitched about Dissidia's load time, and I didn't install it at all and I thought it was fine. BBS is a little more important to play top notch than Dissidia though.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
This reminds me of Days' camera and lock on system
That was horrible

αsiя

space coke
7.5 Presentation
Well polished, though load times are a bit longer than I'd like. Overall story is engaging and has plenty of charm, though some Disney side stories lack a punch.

7.5 Graphics
Superb character models and particle effects, but environments feel hollow and static.

7.0 Sound
Some of the same flipping tunes show up again in Birth by Sleep, but there are new songs to enjoy and the voice actors do a splendid job. It's great to hear Leonard Nimoy as a villain.

8.5 Gameplay
Fantastic combat system with plenty to upgrade and customize. Robust multiplayer. Mostly fun mini-games.

8.5 Lasting Appeal
Three different campaigns, with tons of secrets to unlock along the way.

I disagree on the presentation, IGN pretty much **** themselves over saying the presentation is a 7.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back