• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

IGN VIDEO REVIEW

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I didnt see the peacewalker review, but you have got to be shitting me! Did ign honestly dock points for a complicated story? This is why ign is undescribably frustrating when reading reviews sometimes, but honestly, I think I was so happy with BBS's review because IGN actually gave everything more than a 7 (well, one 7.0 exactly)
yeah

it is pretty retarded :/
Huh.. I looked at both the graphic scores for BBS, MGS: PW and FFVII CC:

BBS: 7.5
CC:8.5
PW: 9.0

This reviewer is BS. All of those games are practicly on the same graphical level and BBS got the lowest score.

i for one think that bbs has better graphics than peacewalker

not that peacewalker has bad graphics

LordPhantomhive

Awards
Okay review but I really disagree about the music. Yeah there are quite a few music from the other games in this one, but alot of these remixes sounds great. Overall the soundtrack is very top notch, and seeing the sound section having only a 7 mostly due to the soundtrack is just sad IMO.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Crudcakes. You beat me to it. Anyhoo, this was a fairly good review for IGN. I do agree that the worlds are a tad generic, but Kingdom Hearts is no Zelda. Believe me. Exactly how is the music recycled? Could someone elaborate on this please.

The worlds that were in previous games have "recycled" themes, even though they've been remixed (Radiant Garden, Olympus, Mysterious Tower). Apparently this is enough to call the majority of the tracks recycled :\

I agree completely about the battle system.

I just find it odd that after all the praise they've given it, it only got a 8.5.

All in all, this was a fair review and I think it will get kh the fans it deserves. Though, I have to question the UMD-only buying option. What was the logic behind that, Square?

Dissidia. Like nobodiesguard said, approximately 5.2 million units were pirated.

Xattm

Same here. I personally thought the BBS soundtrack was the best one in the entire series.

I agree with both of you guys. from what i listened to on youtube, this is def. one of the best soundtracks for the series. I also don't get the worlds things. Hollow and empty? This is the first KH in long time to have new worlds.

And to whoever said it, you're right. IGN always complains about the camera controls on every game they ever review.

8.5 is still good though. They really liked the story and battle it sounds like. But like Sign said, the love the battle system and only give it a 8.5? I really disagree with that chart.

BTW I like your avatar Sign

Lolz. "And this game has tons of secrets to offer" *Shows scene of Aqua opening a chest containing a Hi-Potion* lol

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
yeah

it is pretty retarded :/

i for one think that bbs has better graphics than peacewalker

not that peacewalker has bad graphics

it is pretty retarded, and that just put me in a bad mood.

and as far as the graphics thing, I feel crisis core and bbs are both ahead of peacewalker graphicswise, only by a little, and I think bbs and crisis core are probably about the same

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
I just find it odd that after all the praise they've given it, it only got a 8.5.

Yeah. The BS got the most praise. I expected it to atleast get a 9.0 or 9.5.

it is pretty retarded, and that just put me in a bad mood.

and as far as the graphics thing, I feel crisis core and bbs are both ahead of peacewalker graphicswise, only by a little, and I think bbs and crisis core are probably about the same

They are. I think i read somewhere that BBS used the same engine as CC. And like I said, CC got an 8.5, and i believe BBS should've got that too.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
th thing is that

i think that the reviews of one site reflect on others

when GT and gamespot reviews it, it will most like have the same reviews

but i hope that the cons are much more reasonable

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
th thing is that

i think that the reviews of one site reflect on others

when GT and gamespot reviews it, it will most like have the same reviews

but i hope that the cons are much more reasonable

I bet they will give good reviews. IGN barely talked about BBS. GS and GT gave the most coverage on it. I think their reviews will give the game the score it deserves unlike IGN.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
im not saying that it doesnt deserve those scores

maybe, maybe not

i just hope that they dont put the soundtrack as a con, and the graphics not on par with PW

when bbs clearky has the best graphics on its system

Max

Staff member
Awards
Reviews almost always tend to be very similar though. If I read a bad FF review in GI, IGN will say the same thing. Honestly, reviewers biggest problems are as far as rpg's, it seems like they are all stuck in the past (ps1) days of rpg's. Yeah, ps1 may have had some of the best ones out there, but the thing the reviewers aren't getting through their heads is that some good rpg's are still produced today.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm more interested in the Gametrailers review, and what the Noobtoob guys think of it, just because I'm curious. ^^

But at least this review was okay. I mean, it can't get as bad as that Dissidia review from, I think, GameInformer? Seriously, you don't let a guy who hates Final Fantasy review a Final Fantasy game.

Max

Staff member
Awards
I'm more interested in the Gametrailers review, and what the Noobtoob guys think of it, just because I'm curious. ^^

But at least this review was okay. I mean, it can't get as bad as that Dissidia review from, I think, GameInformer? Seriously, you don't let a guy who hates Final Fantasy review a Final Fantasy game.

That ign review for dissidia was god awful! 6.5? they obviously couldnt care less

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back